DICK's Sporting Goods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Just goes to show you.Even a big store ,such as dicks,that sell firearms,have no
    clue about them.The same is said for many many FFL's.I have walked into many
    shops and talked with FFL's that wouldn't know how to put a site on a glock.

People have to realize,just because someone sells firearms doesn't mean they
    know anything about them.

I'm not sure how you not uphold a common law such as selling to someone under
    21,considering that is a federal law.I don't think wal mart could say,no were not
    going to sell to Japanese people because they sell shitty products in their country.

Sounds like dicks will be facing a few lawsuits very soon.

I do however have to go through dicks store all the time.I go through their store
    to get to the food court,lol,I never bought anything from them,they are ridiculously
    high.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    21,considering that is a federal law.I don't think wal mart could say,no were not
    going to sell to Japanese people because they sell shitty products in their country.

I do however have to go through dicks store all the time.I go through their store
    to get to the food court,lol,I never bought anything from them,they are ridiculously
    high.

There wont be any law suits and if someone did try it, it would be thrown out. Its their rule and have every right to it. Just like its a law I can carry concealed but Starbucks has a no gun no matter what policy. That question was asked when they announced it on the CNN interview. They said their lawyers said go for it.... it isn't against the law to make your own rules in your own store.

Shortcut through the store.... perfect! LOL!

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Not sure who was on tv saying ignorant crap.But they have an FFL license
    and the license says ,adhere to alllllll federal and state laws,period.

If they do invoke that rule in their store,they wont be selling firearms long.
    Their FFL will be pulled!!!!

No law could convict you if you carried in starbucks.State,federal laws proceed
    any stupid law that any store comes up with.

I as a person that owns many rent homes can assure you.I can put anything
    in the lease I want,like don't use the bathroom after midnight.But guess what.
    Doesn't mean a pile of beans,because it isn't the law.Maybe if everyone had
    to be a part of proceedings in an actual trial ,they would see for themselves.

Bizs are one thing,homes are another.Biz serves the public.

Where are the attorneys on the forum,please step forward and educate us,
    please:)

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I am going after lunch to Dick's/Field and Stream in Lafayette to drop off a stack of my FFL business cards, so they can send all of their 18-20 year olds and MSR customers to me.

When some idiot creates his own lemons, I will make lemonade :)

Love your way of thinking!

There wont be any law suits and if someone did try it, it would be thrown out. Its their rule and have every right to it. Just like its a law I can carry concealed but Starbucks has a no gun no matter what policy. That question was asked when they announced it on the CNN interview. They said their lawyers said go for it.... it isn't against the law to make your own rules in your own store.

Shortcut through the store.... perfect! LOL!

The difference here is that age is a federally protected class. You cannot make a rule/policy that is against the law. They are in effect discriminating against those who are legally eligible to buy a shotgun or rifle solely on age. The CEO said so himself on national television. This is essentially the same as refusing service based on race, sex, or religion. Think back to the baker who refused to bake a cake for the gay couple, and sexual preference isn't even a protected class. I wish I was 19 or 20 again. I'd sure as Hell give it a shot. I sure hope somebody, or hoards of 18-20 year olds try and sue the Hell out of them.

Last edited:

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    Dick's near my house(Metairie) never sold guns, or as far as I know, ammo. I went in their store once a few years ago and walked around the whole place, unbelieving, until I finally asked and was told that no, they didn't sell firearms from a girl who looked at me like I was a caveman. No need to return since.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    The real reason I think for them to up the age is they released that they sold a shotgun to the shooter.... so they are taking heat for that.

*Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017,* the company said in a statement. *It was not the gun, nor the type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.*

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I went to Dick's in Slidell once. It was only after a few minutes that I realized I was in a place named Dick's.

I haven't been back since.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I went to Dick's in Slidell once. It was only after a few minutes that I realized I was in a place named Dick's.

I haven't been back since.

Was the dick's too big and overwhelming for you? :dogkeke:

In all seriousness, Dick's Sporting Goods is overpriced for the common items they sell. The Metairie location doesn't sell anything firearm related, and the Slidell location is run by fudds. There are too many other small businesses that I would rather give my money to.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Was the dick's too big and overwhelming for you? :dogkeke:

In all seriousness, Dick's Sporting Goods is overpriced for the common items they sell. The Metairie location doesn't sell anything firearm related, and the Slidell location is run by fudds. There are too many other small businesses that I would rather give my money to.
    If I wanted to pay MSRP for a firearm, I would just make the drive to Cabela's.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    One good thing about Dicks is that you can try things on there before you buy them on Amazon.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    It was reported that Kroger will not sell assault rifles either. Well I must say I have been to many and have never seen a gun for sale at Kroger. Not even in the frozen section. At least they are *doing something* to help save lives.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I don't think Dick's or anybody else is going to have any problem with raising the age to 21 . Let's watch and see how this plays out .

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tstevens42
    Top Bottom