Dick's Troy Defense 5.56 Pre-orders canceled!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Now this is for the few on here who got the rug pulled from under us on an excellent deal for a nice rifle, if we want to discuss this further and post up numbers for certain Dick's head people in charge, where to call and there is a lot more people pissed off than just us. There's plenty on another forum I will link
    http://slickdeals.net/f/5539454-AR1...-720-before-tax-Dicks-Sporting-Goods?&page=64

For those who want argue about legal rights and what not, just stay out this thread, yeah there isn't really a lot to be done about it, it was unfair, but let people vent and we certainly can organize a list of who to call and voice our concern. If anything I would think the BS community would like to let dicks know how they feel about the way they are handing this situation. Troy defense had nothing to do with canceling the order and said they where on pace to have it completed by the end of January.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Didn't the last thread get locked? If so why make another?

On a more serious note, we see how dicks is handing this, but how are you planning on handling dicks?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    The thread got locked, I'm guessing because of the arguing and what not, I want to know who got one if anyone or if they all got canceled. If I would like to discuss this further I believe it would be ok. I sure didn't spend 2hrs driving to BR, sitting traffic burning up gas for some $100 gc

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    For those of you who have the gift card and don't plan on following a law suit, I did read they will cash it out. Don't know if it's true, but I would certainly try that over using it in the store.

I think a class action suit is a bloody great idea. I would do it as long as there was no out of pocket cost, and I wouldn't give a damn if I were to lose, winning would be lagniappe. Inconveniencing Dick's and watching the discovery process would be payoff enough.

Also, more calls and emails to Troy to confirm who did what. There's quite a few posts floating around that say Dick's canceled with Troy, but that absolutely needs to be confirmed.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Then what is Troy going to do with the literall thousands of rifles? Can't they just finish them and y'all buy them?
    they are working out a deal with another retailer, but they will not be even close to the price dicks had them on sale for. But from what I read on other sites is dicks internal cost for the rifle was $900 each, so at 799 and at 720 they where really losing. But they never expected they would sell that many.

dju

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Mandeville
    For those of you who have the gift card and don't plan on following a law suit, I did read they will cash it out. Don't know if it's true, but I would certainly try that over using it in the store.

Also, more calls and emails to Troy to confirm who did what. There's quite a few posts floating around that say Dick's canceled with Troy, but that absolutely needs to be confirmed.
    I think a class action suit is a bloody great idea. I would do it as long as there was no out of pocket cost, and I wouldn't give a damn if I were to lose, winning would be lagniappe. Inconveniencing Dick's and watching the discovery process would be payoff enough. I agree I would just like to see the outcome I got screwed like others and just feel it is a unfair business practice. If it cost dicks money and not us I'm in for the suit

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think a class action suit is a bloody great idea. I would do it as long as there was no out of pocket cost, and I wouldn't give a damn if I were to lose, winning would be lagniappe. Inconveniencing Dick's and watching the discovery process would be payoff enough. I agree I would just like to see the outcome I got screwed like others and just feel it is a unfair business practice. If it cost dicks money and not us I'm in for the suit

Thinking must not be your strong suit. Dicks has a whole gang of lawyers, I'm sure they thought this through

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'm trying to discuss a what should be done to voice mine and many others dissatisfaction with the way Dicks handled this. Not some class action suit,

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Thinking must not be your strong suit. Dicks has a whole gang of lawyers, I'm sure they thought this through

Dick's either has attorneys on staff or are being retained, either way in essence it would be costing them money either directly or by tying up legal resources.
    That being said, I would have to say thinking is not YOUR strong suit, and considering your tone with a new member you can add hospitality to that list.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Dick's either has attorneys on staff or are being retained, either way in essence it would be costing them money either directly or by tying up legal resources.
    That being said, I would have to say thinking is not YOUR strong suit, and considering your tone with a new member you can add hospitality to that list.

If they have them on staff I would think they are paying them anyways. I am also certain they are able to cancel back orders for any reason they see fit. If you really think its a bright idea go to a lawyer and ask him to file suit. I know that wont happen. I guess I'd be a bit asshurt too if I didn't have mine sitting in my closet, however I wouldn't be so asshurt as to have it make me dumb enough to think a class action lawsuit would be viable. I understand he is new, but that doesn't alliviate the fact that he is posting nonsense.

If you believe thinking isn't my strong suit feel free to prove me wrong. Seek out a lawyer who is dumb enough to attempt this on his dime. Otherwise people are just making uninformed posts and chest thumping over nothing.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Dave Shappee (Regional Vice President at Dick's Sporting Goods): www.linkedin.com/in/daveshappee/
    Keith Rothstein (VP at Dick's Sporting Goods): http://www.linkedin.com/pub/keith...5/693/757/
    Ron Baime (VP, Merchandising, Dick's Sporting Goods): www.linkedin.com/pub/ron-baime/2/780/191/
    Brent Doan (VP Stores at Dick's Sporting Goods): http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brent...8/8a1/755/
    Don Germano (SVP, Operations at Dick's Sporting Goods): http://www.linkedin.com/pub/don-g...1/606/184/

A list of some VIPs with Dicks I plan to send an email to.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom