Dicks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    So i made my first trek into Dick's sporting goods on the way home. First very clean place and lots of trained help. The prices are out there though. And it is definately a glorified shoe store.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I agree with both of you. I went when they first opened and have not been back.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I went in there once. They had these strap on deer stands on sale for $19 so I got one. If you hunt out of it it's a guaranteed trip to the chiropractor. Not Dick's fault but dam, it'll make you're back hurt so bad you'll want to jump out on you're head so you can't feel it anymore.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Golf gear is the only thing I go there for. I bought some ammo there a few years back during the "ammo shortage" of the last presidential election but that's about it. Tried to find an ice chest there once but all they seemed to have were "lunch boxes" but I agree, if you want workout gear, golf gear or shoes it's your place, actual outdoor gear go elseware.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I am not sure how they stay in business. That is a whole lot of expense with all that fancy display and such. Plus, the one in Metairie does not even carry ammo. How can a sporting goods store that big not carry ammo? Well, I guess if they overprice it then I am glad they don't sell it. I was excited to hear it was coming then when it opened up I went and was very disappointed.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I go there when I need something not gun related. Its usually a nicer store than academy and if I need a new softball mitt (last thing I bought there) I know they have a good selection. I watch the circulars and shop when they have sales. But your right, sometimes they try to trick you with em. I did get a good deal on a pair of Brooks running shoes there a while back. Employees at a box store are never something you can bitch about. Thats like going to sears and expecting them to know what a pair of linemans pliers look like. They all make minimum wage and either hate their lives or are in high school/college. Thats why they work at the mall.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I'm waiting for them to open a store called Twa.. ...
    and I have to concur, I haven't missed anything at that store.
    Over priced for anything remotely near what I would want...

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While in BTR I went there and was appalled when trying to buy a case of ammo for a class. They would not sell the case but they would sell you individual boxes - but they would not supply you the case that the ammo came in. I'd go down on a donkey before I'd give them a penny.

Oh, and it's some NYC investor group's IDEA of a sporting goods store.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    So i made my first trek into Dick's sporting goods on the way home. First very clean place and lots of trained help. The prices are out there though. And it is definately a glorified shoe store.

I agree, but I found all their "gear" to be of "hobbyist" type quality for the most part. North Face instead of TAD, etc.

Top Bottom