Did anyone watch the Frontline story tonight on the power of the NRA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I would like to see them do a documentary about the power of the Prison Industrial Complex and the various Sheriffs Associations.
    The groups that lobby to keep drugs illegal so that the prisons stay full and the forfeiture money keeps coming.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    It was on PBS, that makes it a hit piece, and it was heavily promoted on NPR (National Propaganda Radio) which only reinforces the fact.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As soon as it spent time on parents of Newtown victims, I turned it off. There is no reason to show grieving parents of a child killed by a homicidal maniac as part of a supposed expose' on the influence of the NRA. The two have nothing to do with each other. To use Newtown as a glaring example of how the NRA tramples on sensible gun control measures is disingenuous and completely false.

The public funding for PBS and NPR is thievery!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is no surprise that we are in so much national debt when we use public funding for this type of garbage.

Moreover, why aren't republicans clamoring to reign that in? The spattering of non-biased, non-ideological, and non-political educational shows between the phony liberal propaganda is not reason enough to put up with this agenda driven drivel at my tax expense.

Oh that's right......they are too busy worrying about homos and abortions.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    Simple question (I'm a simple minded soul)...

Why is it so hard for people to see the real problem, the evil/sick individual behind the gun doing the shooting?

If you are of at least average intelligence you have to know a gun NEEDS human intervention to function.

I just don't get it...

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    We are winning this battle. The best evidence of it is not the NRA victories, but the existence of over 100 million gun owners.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We are winning this battle. The best evidence of it is not the NRA victories, but the existence of over 100 million gun owners.

There are more than that. That is the estimate based on available data. There are millions of people who have guns, and use them on their farms, to go hunting, in their trucks, homes, etc... that lived in a time where you could go get a shotgun at the Ace hardware and no body cared!

Now what will blow your mind is that the NRA is as powerful as it is with only 5-6 million registered members. 100 million gun owners on the books, most likely another 25 million off the books, an estimated 400 million privately owned guns in the US, and only 6 million people willing to stand up and be counted. Not even 5%! That is the real shame!

Can you even fathom how powerful the NRA would be in protecting the 2A if we had just 25% of the gun owners?

LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    There are more than that. That is the estimate based on available data. There are millions of people who have guns, and use them on their farms, to go hunting, in their trucks, homes, etc... that lived in a time where you could go get a shotgun at the Ace hardware and no body cared!

Now what will blow your mind is that the NRA is as powerful as it is with only 5-6 million registered members. 100 million gun owners on the books, most likely another 25 million off the books, an estimated 400 million privately owned guns in the US, and only 6 million people willing to stand up and be counted. Not even 5%! That is the real shame!

Can you even fathom how powerful the NRA would be in protecting the 2A if we had just 25% of the gun owners?

Emperor,

This is very common. Bayou State Bowhunters folded a couple of years ago. It was a volunteer organization and died as new members would not step up into leadership roles and the old leaders were burned out. It averaged 700 members most years and was the largest organized group of sportsman in the state of Louisiana. The state sells 35,000+ bow licenses every year and only 700 of those people thought it important enough to support their sport. That is 2%. Two percent is all. The state will and can mess with bow seasons. BSBA was instrumental in swaying that with only 2% of the bowhunters in the state. If we would have had 50 what could we have done?

Same thing as the NRA with membership.

Typical don't get involved logic. Someone will tell THEM. There is no way that can happen. Someone will fix it.

One day I want to meet THEM. He seems to carry quite a load on his shoulders and has some serious stroke.

We are a nation of sheep.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    As soon as it spent time on parents of Newtown victims, I turned it off. There is no reason to show grieving parents of a child killed by a homicidal maniac as part of a supposed expose' on the influence of the NRA. The two have nothing to do with each other. To use Newtown as a glaring example of how the NRA tramples on sensible gun control measures is disingenuous and completely false.

The public funding for PBS and NPR is thievery!

This! x100.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Simple question (I'm a simple minded soul)...

Why is it so hard for people to see the real problem, the evil/sick individual behind the gun doing the shooting?

If you are of at least average intelligence you have to know a gun NEEDS human intervention to function.

I just don't get it...

Progressives believe, and liberalism teaches that the manifestation of evil intentions within a person are a directly linked to owning and being in contact with the so called "assault rifle" or more accurately guns period.

I have been lectured many times by liberals that the only people would want to own such a weapon are people looking to fulfill this macho image of the assassin they see portrayed in Hollywood. That you can physically see a transformation come across someone who holds these weapons and their thoughts are immediately taken over by the thought of killing on a grand scale.

Now those of us that can sit through this without bursting into laughter such as myself simple reply by asking them if they have ever held a AR style semi-automatic rifle? If the answer is no I ask them to stop by a local sporting goods store on the way home and ask one of the people working there if you could hold one. They will be more than happy to do this for you. Then report back to me what you felt while holding it. If they say they have held these weapons I ask did you get the feeling that you wanted to go out and murder people? To which there is only two answers. Yes – in which case the proper response is "You need to seek professional counseling, soon." Or No - to which I respond congratulations, you are normal. If they have not held the weapon nor are they willing to hold one I simple respond simply, that they should comment less on subjects that they have no experience in.

See for the progressives it’s not about the people who are killed nor is it about the people doing the killing. It is about simply the guns, and everything else is a means to get rid of them. They do not own nor see a reason to own firearms, so logically you shouldn’t own them either. And since they are much more level headed and sensible about these matters than you, your arguments are of no consequence.

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

It would also probably keep the US Postal Service afloat for the next couple decades! ;)

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I'm sure there is a big difference in a gun "owner" and a gun "enthusiast".
    I would guess MOST gun owners are not really enthusiasts and it is mostly an enthusiast that joins NRA.
    Most people I know that hunt have multiple guns but aren't gun enthusiasts and have no real clue about what many here keep up with in the world of guns.
    Just my thoughts...

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I'm sure there is a big difference in a gun "owner" and a gun "enthusiast".
    I would guess MOST gun owners are not really enthusiasts and it is mostly an enthusiast that joins NRA.
    Most people I know that hunt have multiple guns but aren't gun enthusiasts and have no real clue about what many here keep up with in the world of guns.
    Just my thoughts...

There are people who don't own guns who are members of the NRA.

Hell, there are plenty of gun owners who don't even believe in the second amendment.

But yeah, most people are far more casual, they want to own a gun but don't care/worry about gun laws. Kind of like how you can be a michael jackson fan without joining the fan club, or you can eat cheeseburgers without belonging to the cheeseburger club.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There are people who don't own guns who are members of the NRA.

Hell, there are plenty of gun owners who don't even believe in the second amendment.

But yeah, most people are far more casual, they want to own a gun but don't care/worry about gun laws. Kind of like how you can be a michael jackson fan without joining the fan club, or you can eat cheeseburgers without belonging to the cheeseburger club.

Only very few people are trying to get rid of Michael Jackson records and cheeseburgers! And neither of those are inalienable Rights! Though cheeseburgers are pretty damn important! Where do I sign up?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    :)

I see your point, but to some people it just isn't a big deal.

Although you are forgetting that "the pursuit of happiness" is listed as an unalienable right in the declaration of independence ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrPantz
    Top Bottom