Did Walton and Johnson cross the line on No Knock Officers killed and Injured?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you agree with Walton & Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 22 38.6%
    • No

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Your shitty attitude and anti LE sentiment is what gives. LE doesn't have to earn your approval. Plenty of us do this job selflessly everyday. Sacrificing the good pay and whatever else it is you want. You are born to do this or you aren't. Go make a lot of money and fantasize about what its like to be a cop.

I'm not even going to try to debate this because it's like trying to debate an Obama supporter who's calling you a racist because you don't agree with the president's policies.

And Motor if my so-called "anti-government" views bar me from being a LEO then so be it. I live by principles and will not compromise them for the sake of a job. I personally know several LEOs who share my opinions and it does not hinder their job.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm not even going to try to debate this because it's like trying to debate an Obama supporter who's calling you a racist because you don't agree with the president's policies.

And Motor if my so-called "anti-government" views bar me from being a LEO then so be it. I live by principles and will not compromise them for the sake of a job. I personally know several LEOs who share my opinions and it does not hinder their job.

That's the spirit! Stay in there and fight you cop hating.......! :mamoru:

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Whatever. Not wasting my time with people just throwing around baseless accusations instead of solid arguments. Y'all have fun calling me a cop hater, I got better things to do.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Whatever. Not wasting my time with people just throwing around baseless accusations instead of solid arguments. Y'all have fun calling me a cop hater, I got better things to do.
    You will learn this early on, anyone against the majority of these "Cops are always right" crowd, will be blasted no matter what you say. So sit back and enjoy the ride buddy.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You will learn this early on, anyone against the majority of these "Cops are always right" crowd, will be blasted no matter what you say. So sit back and enjoy the ride buddy.

Come on now! When they no-knock raid your ass at the wrong pair of pants, you have to fight back! Just present a valid argument or opinion and defend it if you think you are right. They are not intrepid monsters!

And I can assure you only I am right ALL OF THE TIME! :p

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Comedians say offensive things all the time regarding everything from religion, sexuality, race, government and anything else you can think of. I for one don't care but people tell me I have no sense of humor but I just don't find the morons on this planet funny so I don't listen to stupid shows like W&J.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Woohoo, finally someone gets it.

Many do.

The PO lice here have a huge chip on their shoulder and an elitism Additiude.

Some naturally derived from having to deal with scumbags and even good people on their worst day.
    Some from natural Esprit de corps, and some from A growing dangerious "us vs them mindset"

I'm worried about the overall pathway it's Headding on, but believe we should try to cut individual officers slack, while working harder to hold the whole accountable.

Giving some a-hole (I can say that cuz I r one) :p the last word, or allowing him to vent, etc is just the cost of trying to be fair and balanced and giving people with a shitty job a little leeway.
    $0.02

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Many do.

Some naturally derived from having to deal with scumbags and even good people on their worst day.
    Some from natural Esprit de corps, and some from A growing dangerious "us vs them mindset"

I'm worried about the overall pathway it's Headding on, but believe we should try to cut individual officers slack, while working harder to hold the whole accountable.

Giving some a-hole (I can say that cuz I r one) :p the last word, or allowing him to vent, etc is just the cost of trying to be fair and balanced and giving people with a shitty job a little leeway.
    $0.02

I bet you learned all about being the police when you were in Force Recon.

JR1572

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I bet you learned all about being the police when you were in Force Recon.

JR1572

I don't know what it's like being the police. Never will, my body's too thrashed.
    Closest I've been was being an EMT... and that's nothing like it, but shows you a bit of what they deal with.

I'm glad your continuing to try to give me **** when I'm defending y'all...
    *******:p

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Many do.

Are you f*cking serious?

Im sorry, but I have to call ********. Ive admitted being new to this area. As such, my AO of experience is quite a few hrs from here...

But, f*ck me - this place is FAR from elitist attitudes and **** talking. The LEOs here are pretty ****ing chill.

WTF!!!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Are you f*cking serious?

Im sorry, but I have to call ********. Ive admitted being new to this area. As such, my AO of experience is quite a few hrs from here...

But, f*ck me - this place is FAR from elitist attitudes and **** talking. The LEOs here are pretty ****ing chill.

WTF!!!
    Lol, welcome to bayoushooter. We are all elitist

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Are you f*cking serious?

WTF!!!

I don't believe he meant from "this area". I think he means on this forum.

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    I don't agree with no knock raids on Americans in America.
    this
    it is not worth jeopardizing the safety of either party to perform these raids all for the sake of capturing the evidence which is usually a small amount of dope or in this case a weed pipe. I herd the cop who was shot was coming through the window, really dont blame the guy for shooting. they could have just sat on the house and arrested him when he exited the house and then used the warrant to search. Police want a no knock raid for anything these days. The judge who signed off on this warrant should also come under some scrutiny.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    this
    it is not worth jeopardizing the safety of either party to perform these raids all for the sake of capturing the evidence which is usually a small amount of dope or in this case a weed pipe. I herd the cop who was shot was coming through the window, really dont blame the guy for shooting. they could have just sat on the house and arrested him when he exited the house and then used the warrant to search. Police want a no knock raid for anything these days. The judge who signed off on this warrant should also come under some scrutiny.

Agreed

aboatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    I’ll properly get banned but I don’t care……
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. What part of UNREASONABLE does law enforcement not understand. A search warrant should be presented during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) during the regular work week ( Monday to Friday). The only reason that anyone (including law enforcement) has for breaking down doors at any time of the day is to terrorize and inflict damage.

WOLF
    I CONCUR!

There's been too much militarization of our Police in the USA and we have too many Police Officers and Law Enforcement agencies. However, I believe that most cops try to do the right thing and so I don't wish them dead.

Mike

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    we have too many Police Officers and Law Enforcement agencies.

This is close to being the dumbest thing that I have ever read on the internet. Every single agency i know of is swamped with calls and are extremely short handed. You think there are too many? There arent near enough to handle the problems that we are now faced with. Just because you think you dont need cops, the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of calls a day made nation wide to police stations prove that you are the minority.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I wish these threads wouldn't devolve into "us vs them" every time.

I tried to keep the QUESTION/POLL at the forefront for a little while
    to gauge the current "Climate" of the Forum Members......

I'm pretty sure we see where it is..... a 3rd of the voters
    agree with W&J's "Glad Cops were shot" statement".

The Staff can burn this one at anytime,
    I'm done here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom