Disabled Vet Donations "PICS" "Updated"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    BS Community,

Those of you that have been here a while know that I will try to do whatever I can for our military guys and their families. And some of you guys have been more than generous along side. I am a supporter of the Freedom Alliance and have helped them with some of their issues here in Louisiana. The FA director has called on me again.

Here is her e-mail to me:

Rob,

How are you? It’s been a while since I’ve chatted with you, but I hope you’re doing well down there in Louisiana.

I just got in a request to help a reserve family in Baton Rouge with Christmas. Would you be interested in helping? It’s part of our Presents for Patriots program. The servicemember has severe back injuries that were more complicated by surgery and suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He was medically retired with 70% disability but has yet to get paid and needs a little help over the holidays. He has two kids, both boys ages 2 and 7. The boys are asking for typical toys for their age. Do you think you’d like to “adopt” them, or maybe just help deliver the gifts. I look forward to hearing from you!

Blessings,

Alicia Behm
    Program Officer

Freedom Alliance
    office: 703-444-7940
    Fax:703-444-9893
    cell: 832-392-5391

I will help this guy out. I would love to have some of you on board. If you are interested, please PM me or e-mail.

La340@bellsouth.net

Thanks in advance!
    Emp!

Also, if you guys don't mind, I may bump this a few times as more members come on line.

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I'm in e-mail sent.
    animated-dancing-santa-reindeer.gif

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The outpouring of generosity is humbling! It's almost not fair that it's for one guy. But, the Freedom Alliance chooses who it is, and they certainly can't foresee the level of Southern (Louisiana), generosity.

My email is blowing up. You guys are aces!

We will make this one heck of a Christmas for this guy and his kids.

I will make sure we get a ton of pics and post them here. Perhaps when we bring the toys to them, some of you guys may tag along if you like.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The outpour of support for this has been unbelieveable. This is a bump for those of you that came on late and would like to also help this soldier out with us.

Thanks to all thus far!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Folks,

I am up to $700.00 BEFORE I get any promised checks/gifts in the mail! Fantastic! Understandably, much was from my local contacts (thus far), but the pledges should put us well over $1,000.00 easily. A very generous Bayou Shooter member, has told me to urge you other guys to step up to the plate. He, sure has; I met him today. Very nice guy! Thanks again Sir!

We have reached out to our recipient today to tell him we have his back on this, and to clarify whether or not he wants this to be a surprise to his family from him (he may not have told them he was reaching out for help), or if we can surprise them all.

Either way, this soldier is not going to have to fret his kids and wife waking up Christmas morning without some presents for them.

Remember, it's not too late to help if you'd like.

Thanks to all of you that have, I promise I will keep this community updated.

I really feel great right now!

KvichakKing

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Walker, LA
    Gent's,
    After hearing the plea from Emp I contacted him and have supported this effort. I encourage those of you with some extra change in your pocket to give a little to this worthy cause.
    That is all, you may move on now.
    KK

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I wish I could help but since I just lost my job I will have just have to wish you the very best and say thank you.

Thank you from a Vet for helping one of America's hero's. Sometimes we all overlook the holidays and it is because of special people like you that this family will have a Christmas!!!

May God bless you and yours for what you have done.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I never did get an e-mail and from the looks of things, some of you have and cash is being collected. I was thinking we were going to actually go out and get gifts. either way, my offer still stands, just let me know what/when/where.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I never did get an e-mail and from the looks of things, some of you have and cash is being collected. I was thinking we were going to actually go out and get gifts. either way, my offer still stands, just let me know what/when/where.

Charliepapa, I did send it; but that's okay, we're still good to go. I have several people actually bringing gifts too.

I have the wish list from the Freedom Alliance for the guy's family. So with all the donations I have, and it's a good bit; I was going to front the cash and my secretary is going to start purchasing the gifts this weekend. I didn't want to distribute the wish list because I didn't want duplicate gifts.

His kids are 2 & 7 years, wife is 35. Generic age specific toys are fine! Gift cards, etc.

I am well over $1,000 cash with committed donations still coming via mail, and etc.

I am going to tally up and update soon.

Anyone that wants to go with me to deliver the gifts is certainly welcomed, the guy lives in Shenedoah (Baton Rouge). That's probably going to happen next Saturday.

Top Bottom