Disabled Vet Donations "PICS" "Updated"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    BS Community,

It is time for me to acquire the gifts. I have $1200 in hand with more stuff still out there. If you have anything still in the mail, I will wait for it; but if not; please do not send me ANY MORE FOR THIS effort.

If you feel like you must contribute something, do so by dropping it off to a charity of your choice. Or drop a few bucks in a Salvation Army Kettle.

This family is going to be well taken care of with what we have raised.

I am going to buy them the gifts this week and will deliver them to the guy on this Saturday. If any of you would like to tag along, you are welcomed. I will take some picks of the everything, and the Veteran promised me he would also take a bunch on Christmas morning for me as well.

The outpouring of generosity has been humbling; some of you guys are very generous! I am proud to be helping Veterans, and their families. And you folks should feel proud as well.

Again, My Sincere Thanks to you.

Emperor

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    To All Donors to Freedom Alliance’s Baton Rouge Disabled Vet and his Family:

Thanks again for your kindness and generosity. We delivered the toys and the gift cards on Saturday morning. Our veteran (Micah), and his family were certainly humbled by our effort. They were very nice and assured me they would give back when they got back on their feet again. I thanked the soldier for his service and sacrifice and told them to make a donation to the Freedom Alliance directly to help another family in the future.

All in all, we raised over $2,000.00; along with other toys and gifts that were donated separately. We bought our veteran’s kids some really neat age appropriate toys and had plenty left over for $1100.00 worth of various gift cards. We actually had $475.00 left over and donated that to another veteran (a double leg amputee), in Colorado.

Here are a few pictures we took on our visit. Micah assured me he would send some pics of his kids from Christmas morning; and I will forward those when they arrive.

Again; Thanks to Everyone!
    Favet4_zpsb3fcb4df.jpg

Favet7_zps105c09b6.jpg

FAvet1_zps7d1dea66.jpg

Favet6_zps969dd751.jpg

Favet5_zps2eddc482.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Everyone, if you kept up with this thread you know we had extra money that we sent to a soldier in Colorado also. The Freedom Alliance director went to welcome that soldier back home from Walter Reed for Christmas in person.

Here is her letter to me about the visit. I assured her that I only coordinated the effort, it was the other donors that deserve the thanks!

Rob,

You are my all time hero! I just can’t believe all that you were able to pull off for our military families this Christmas.

I delivered the gifts to the Carlson family on Christmas Eve. Their house was decorated with a yellow Ribbon around the front yard tree, welcome home signs and a wheel chair ramp. Scott, Colton’s dad, had also decorated the home for Christmas for the arrival of the family. The Carlson family was so deserving and wonderful. Colton lost his legs in Afghanistan during his recent tour and has been at Walter Reed recovering and learning to walk with prosthetics. He is an avid hiker and loves to go off roading with his jeep, so we got him some gift cards to bass pro shop and a map program so he can print out maps to hiking trails all over the USA. We got his family gift cards to favorite books stores and restaurants, and his youngest sister an American Girl doll like she’s always wanted. He said to me, *You guys are amazing and such a blessing! You’ve really gone above and beyond for my family. Everything is just perfect. Thank you!* Colton hopes to be home by March this year. He said that it was hard to be home and have to go back, but people like you keep him going and give him strength to recover and return home to his favorite outdoor activities. I’ve attached a picture of them.

Thank you!

Gratefully,

Alicia Behm
    Program Officer

CarlsonFamily_zps0cf81410.jpg

sph1480

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Destrehan, La
    Considering what these heros gave for us, I don't think we could ever truly thank them enough, but I'm glad we all got to be a part of making their holiday a little bit better.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    I would like to take a moment to thank all of the soldiers for putting your life on hold, sacrificing not only your time, but also and more importantly the safety of your very life. For that, I stand in AWE.

Please do not ever feel as if your service is not greatly appreciated by those of us back home. It is an honor for us at Bayou Shooter to help in the small ways that we do. It helps us feel that we too are serving in some small capacity.

Life is much happier when it's not all about us!

Thanks Emperor for allowing us to be a part!

God Bless,
    SGT. JMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom