Discovery Channel: Secrets of SEAL Team 6

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    SECRETS OF SEAL TEAM SIX is produced for Discovery Channel by NBC Peacock Productions. Gretchen Eisele is executive producer for NBC Peacock Productions, and Brooke Runnette is executive producer for Discovery Channel.

SO msm has a hand in exposing miitary secrets ?? Now I'm thinkin

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Their cover really isn't blown. They've morphed into something a bit different but just as lethal. Development Group or DevGru still does Hostage Rescue but they also develop techniques and methods as well as evaluate weapons systems. They would be the equivalent of Delta Force.

Supposedly there is yet another secret group which selects the best of both of these two groups, too... and I have close friends who admit that they heard of them with no more information than [whispered] runmor and speculation while they were active Rangers wrhich was 10 to 15 years ago. So who in Hades knows? Either way with our shooting culture and the money we've invested in weaponry and training our Elite have to be the best in the world.

Check out the book Killer Elite for some details.

Last edited:

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I would be surprised if this report contained anything close to "blowing their cover". If they didn't want the info out on t.v., it wouldn't be.

~rc~

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Marketing and recruiting, that's why "Secrets" is in the title.

I'm for sure going to watch. I don't expect to learn any secrets, though.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    What I don't like is how we were even told about how Osama was killed.

I would have loved if they would have said,
    "Osama is dead, we killed him....end of story...."

THAT strikes more fear into our enemies than telling them EXACTLY how it was done and who did it. :doh:

Having them not know leaves them wondering. Along the same lines of psychological warfare as snipers.

srscott

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    SWLA
    I have to agree with Bronze Dragon and Tulse's posts. Just hype from the media and the military likes it for free recruiting adverts. I think most of the media outlets will air anything, no matter how irresponsible, as long as they get their ratings.

SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Of course the media will over hype it, when have they ever not done that.

As far as secrets? The military won't let them show anything that isn't already common knowledge or anything that is OPSEC.

They are going to interview the wives of DEVGRU... Really? As retarded as some of the shows have been on Discovery, I would prefer it to a documentary on the Military Channel, besides they need some new shows, one can only watch so many reruns on that channel.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Their cover really isn't blown. They've morphed into something a bit different but just as lethal. Development Group or DevGru still does Hostage Rescue but they also develop techniques and methods as well as evaluate weapons systems. They would be the equivalent of Delta Force.

Supposedly there is yet another secret group which selects the best of both of these two groups, too... and I have close friends who admit that they heard of them with no more information than [whispered] runmor and speculation while they were active Rangers wrhich was 10 to 15 years ago. So who in Hades knows? Either way with our shooting culture and the money we've invested in weaponry and training our Elite have to be the best in the world.

Check out the book Killer Elite for some details.

I was under the impression that Seal Team Six IS the best of the best, selcting only seasoned veterans with multiple op's under their belts.
    So now there is an even "better" group?
    .....what standard is this new group then?.....the besstest of the besstest in the whole universe ever.....which means ST6 are the best of the best, which by definition makes the seals pretty good but not really "all that".... and every one else from rangers to marines is just a bunch of stubble hopping cannon fodder. :dunno:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I was under the impression that Seal Team Six IS the best of the best, selcting only seasoned veterans with multiple op's under their belts.
    So now there is an even "better" group?
    .....what standard is this new group then?.....the besstest of the besstest in the whole universe ever.....which means ST6 are the best of the best, which by definition makes the seals pretty good but not really "all that".... and every one else from rangers to marines is just a bunch of stubble hopping cannon fodder. :dunno:

Well if you think that the US Military doesn't have an UNKNOWN group then you're kidding yourself. NO WAY does the public know everything.

Last edited:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Yeah it was lacking on the secrets but I always watch these things for the other tidbits like 90% divorce rate and these guys are gone like 200 something days a year. I assumed both numbers were high but not that high.

What I never understood is why did Obama go to Ft Campbell to see the SEALS? SOAR, 101st and the 5th SF are there but no SEALS. SOAR made the flights I am sure so was that the reason. Makes me wonder if the SEALS even took him out and they are just the decoy. Between all of our groups plus other unknowns you have to wonder why anyone is stupid enough to mess with this country

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Well if you think that the US Military doesn't have an UNKNOWN group then your kidding yourself. NO WAY does the public know everything.

One thing to note here is I was enlightened to the fact several years ago that Kentucky and Colorado both have SF capabilities inside their National Guards. Odd to me but my buddy whose a Captain in LA National Guard said that's the state things have gotten too.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What I never understood is why did Obama go to Ft Campbell to see the SEALS? SOAR, 101st and the 5th SF are there but no SEALS. SOAR made the flights I am sure so was that the reason?

Makes me wonder if the SEALS even took him out and they are just the decoy.
    BINGO! The story is full of holes.

Top Bottom