Dishonored

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Has anyone picked this game up? The last time I played anything was Red Dead Redemption. I'm not a big fan of semi-closed worlds. When it takes me a few weeks to beat a game, I like being able to wander off and explore instead of banging out task after task. But the guy said you have options and side quests. I love the industrialized steampunky concept art. So it'll be pretty to look at.

Kino74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Walker
    I haven't played Dishonored but you may want to check out Fallout if you like being able to wander around and it does change quite a bit.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    be warned that fallout 3 can be annoying while trying to get through the city with all that rubble. on the other hand, fallout new vegas is the best single player game i played this generation. i can tell fallout new vegas was made by gun loving developers. you can even reload ammo. yea the game has reloading benches. 9mm, .45acp, .357, .44 mag, 454, lever rifles, tons of .223 rifles, ak47 type rifles, m1 garand, bolt actions, and shotguns! its a gun nut's dream. it even goes as far as types of ammo. cheap bulk target, hollow point, ap, and all sorts of .50 cal bmg. my favorite is the riot shotgun/mag buckshot, and the knock down perk.

new vegas even has the hardcore mode where you need to pack water and food(or hunt it) to survive. everything has weight including ammo. this is the closest thing you will get to a kinda real shtf in a video game.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    be warned that fallout 3 can be annoying while trying to get through the city with all that rubble. on the other hand, fallout new vegas is the best single player game i played this generation. i can tell fallout new vegas was made by gun loving developers. you can even reload ammo. yea the game has reloading benches. 9mm, .45acp, .357, .44 mag, 454, lever rifles, tons of .223 rifles, ak47 type rifles, m1 garand, bolt actions, and shotguns! its a gun nut's dream. it even goes as far as types of ammo. cheap bulk target, hollow point, ap, and all sorts of .50 cal bmg. my favorite is the riot shotgun/mag buckshot, and the knock down perk.

new vegas even has the hardcore mode where you need to pack water and food(or hunt it) to survive. everything has weight including ammo. this is the closest thing you will get to a kinda real shtf in a video game.

Available on PC?

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    +1 to Fallout New Vegas and also check out The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim if you feel like getting a little medieval. They are both built on the same framework and with the same engine. Free roaming games with gigantic worlds are my favorites, but I haven't heard anything about Dishonored yet.

Last edited:

dglough

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Mandeville, LA
    +1 to Fallout New Vegas and also check out The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion if you feel like getting a little medieval. They are both built on the same framework and with the same engine. Free roaming games with gigantic worlds are my favorites, but I haven't heard anything about Dishonored yet.

BE WARNED: if you're really going to get into either Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3 or Skyrim you can kiss goodbye to any other life activity save work (only because you need to make money to buy more games, and snacks). I have played all of the above, have gotten to what I think is my breaking point with each and still never beat any of them. Of course my problem is I like to get the skills up on everything and hoard money and items.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    dishonored gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnMcK-1dclE

this is how new vegas starts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_G4O5pQFLI

this is how skyrim starts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_nSBuJPgNM

i completed both new vegas and skyrim. both can be played how you want and at your pace. very relaxing. difficulty can be changed at any time.

dead island is another good open world rpg i really enjoyed with zombies.

got an eye on farcry 3. its open world also.

kids absolutely love minecraft splitscreen on xbox 360. its a building/mining game with a survival mode, soon to get hunger meter. you have to hunt and grow food.

the exact opposite of open world games is the walking dead episodes by telltale. $5 per episode for 2 to 3 hours of great story and zombie survival. story is separate from the show and comic.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Woot! In my search of reviews for both games, I found that the new X-Com was out. Man, talk about hours wasted playing that series back in the day! I had the wife pick up the latest one while she was in town. She needs to get her ass home!

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Interesting how it's a thread about one game and none of the replies are about that game :rofl: Good example of how this forum gets regularly.

I'm playing Dishonored on PC right now and so far it's pretty fun if you like a stealthy game where you silently kill your enemies and sneak around towns. If you're wanting to rush in and kick ass this isn't the game for you.

I'm not doing the whole "no kill" path as I'm mostly just killing everyone I get in contact with even the innocent. The game gets darker as you play this way and it makes it more difficult later. If you want to play the game without killing anyone it's tougher at first but you have less dangers towards the end from what I understand.

The only complaint I've heard people mention about dishonored is it's length. Apparently it doesn't take that long to beat. It seems the only replay value is to go through again without killing anyone and trying not to alert anyone of your presence. I think there are achievements to both if you can pull them off.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Interesting how it's a thread about one game and none of the replies are about that game :rofl: Good example of how this forum gets regularly.

I'm playing Dishonored on PC right now and so far it's pretty fun if you like a stealthy game where you silently kill your enemies and sneak around towns. If you're wanting to rush in and kick ass this isn't the game for you.

I'm not doing the whole "no kill" path as I'm mostly just killing everyone I get in contact with even the innocent. The game gets darker as you play this way and it makes it more difficult later. If you want to play the game without killing anyone it's tougher at first but you have less dangers towards the end from what I understand.

The only complaint I've heard people mention about dishonored is it's length. Apparently it doesn't take that long to beat. It seems the only replay value is to go through again without killing anyone and trying not to alert anyone of your presence. I think there are achievements to both if you can pull them off.

I'm going to play on PS3. My daughter is playing the "try not to kill anybody" route on Xbox. She said that has been difficult. She's a big Assassins Creed fan and knows what I like. She seems to think I'll enjoy it.

I'm cleaning my tookas off today and tomorrow because I expect not to get a bloody thing done Monday and Tuesday. :)

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006

My bad. Back to the OP, when I first saw adverts for Dishonored, I got psyched because of the steampunk theme. I love me some steampunk! I'll probably buy this title next, after I am done with X-Com and kicking ET's Butt: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/10/12

Top Bottom