Disney World!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I took the wife and son (no daughter at that time) to Disney World for 7 days. We bought a package that included the food, park tickets, our stay at the Orleans resort, and the park hopper package.

Magic Kingdom is an absolute must. Since you two are animal lovers, you can't get away with not seeing the Animal Kingdom as well (personally, I don't know if I'd pay the extra coin to stay at Animal Kingdom unless you're really going to all out for the rooms you can feed the giraffes from). Epcot is a blast, but we didn't enjoy it nearly as much as we should have because we had a 1.5 year-old with us.

If your girlfriend wants to do some memorable shopping, then Downtown Disney is a lot of fun and a good place to spend the evening. Spoodles is a restaurant there and they have the best butternut squash I've ever tasted. Also, the Yachtsman Steakhouse is where I had the best steak of my life (24oz porterhouse... and yes I ate it all).

There was so much to see at the all the parks, that we didn't even make it over to Universal, but with them having the Harry Potter village now, how could you not?!

You guys are in for a great trip and some awesome memories.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Laying in my rack in the barracks with my future bride. All I said was, "one of these days I am going to marry you". She said "whenever you ask I will say yes". less than 6 weeks later we were hitched!!!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Mine was on a dinner cruise in Destin. Had the top deck reserved for just the two of us after dinner. Had the band play a special song and went up there and popped the question. Engaged sex... amirite?!

Nutz275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sunset
    Great choice for vacation. Two restaurants that are high on my lists are The Yacht Club and Le Cellar. Both are excellent steak houses, expectially The Yacht Club. NY strip (rare) excellent!

Nutz275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sunset
    Sorry, correction. It was The Yachtsman Steakhouse not The Yacht Club. We book there everytime we go to Disney, the steaks kick azz.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Oh, no real comment on which hotel to stay at. We stay at Pop Century as we're cheap, we've been married for a few years, and we don't spend much time awake there.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    The NewYork strip @ the Coral Reef in Epcot and the prime rib @ Chef LeFrance in Epcot are both good pieces of meat.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Laying in my rack in the barracks with my future bride. All I said was, "one of these days I am going to marry you". She said "whenever you ask I will say yes". less than 6 weeks later we were hitched!!!

My wife came home with a ring and said look what you bought me. We went to Vegas a year later. Matter of fact today is our 12 year anniversary.

Crap I have to get of BS and go buy her something, I swear I forgot until just now.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    what dates are you going?

not going to lie, going in the summer is the worst time you can go. the lines are long, fast passes get taken early and its hot hot hot. also, if youre staying on disney property make sure and check which parks have the extra magic hours. a different park will have it each night. they'll either open up a few hours early or stay open until midnight (sometimes magic kingdom will stay open till 3am) and is only for people who stay in disney hotels; you have to show youre room key. its a good time to ride all of the rides you like doing without waiting in lines. a lot of the times you dont even have to get off the ride. just tell them you want to go again and they send you again.

downtown disney has some good restaraunts and bars/clubs and good shopping if yall want to do that. we've never been to downtown orlando because there really is no reason to. the property really is massive. they have their own highway system FFS. they also have two waterparks if you decide to go there. i havnt been to either since i graduated high school so maybe someone else can chime in on that. TBH anything you decide to do that has to do with disney you'll have a good time.....except the carousel of progress or the narnia thing in MGM (if they still have it)

btw theres an iphone ap that will tell you wait times for all of the rides and which park is busier. the official one from disney is more accurate but you have to pay and theres a free one thats updated from people in the park with the ap but can occasionally be incorrect. we use the free one.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Was going to suggest the castle too if she was a Disney Princess growing up
    cinderella-castle-picture-052.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/top-10-proposal-ideas-at-disney/

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Make reservations for dinner in the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle for 8:30. When the fireworks go off at 9pm you'll have a great view and an ideal time to pop the question.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Great info man, thanks. Y'all we'll be going at the end of next August (school). The Disney people told me there was no way we're getting in any restaurants for this August and we don't want to go in Jan. so I get to save more money for a nicer stay / nicer ring. It'll be hot but hopefully all the kids will have gone back to school and it won't be Quite as crazy lol.

richardbeater

Argh!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Polk
    Schedule the Aloha Dinner Show. It's a great location for the question.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disneys-spirit-of-aloha-dinner-show/
    this is awesome and I am sure if you talk to the disney cast members they will help as well I am a big disney collector and spend alot of time there, and know for a fact they will help make it "magical" for you and your soon to be bride, trust me when I say do it here this show is awesome and the food is amazing you can always pm me if you have other questions.

Top Bottom