Distrust Of Government Undermines Obama's Support

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Man, what are THESE guys smoking?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126114960

"...Obama himself is bothered by the amount of disdain for government among politicians and the press. He says he's been thinking about ways he might address this -- such as a series of presidential speeches."

Yeah, THAT'S exactly what we need; more speeches, because the problem is not Obama, we're just too stupid to understand what he's doing for us, so he'll keep explaining it to us until we do!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    True I'm not often associated with liberals, but I do live in the everyday world, lots of time around different classes of people, educators, workers, supply counter people.........I cannot remember any one with a good word for our Dictator in training.

NOT one argument in his behalf, I know not how he can mount a defense for his stupidity, but mount one he will, and it will be as out in left field as he is

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    HE...will say nothing. I don't think even he knows what he is going to say until he reads the teleprompter. Sometime when he talks, he gets a suprised look on his face, and he is the only one talking. It would be funny it it was not so damn dangerous. He thinks everything he says is some great revelation. Maybe it is to him.
    The Democrats will be set back much longer this time than when Carter was the president. He almost destroyed the party, maybe this freak will.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    True I'm not often associated with liberals, but I do live in the everyday world, lots of time around different classes of people, educators, workers, supply counter people.........I cannot remember any one with a good word for our Dictator in training.

Walk into a crowd of minorities and say these words, verbatim, "Obama sucks and is destroying our country" and you will immediately find LOTS of "good words" for our Dictator in training. You won't find many directed toward yourself, but you will find defenders for him. LOTS.

Bet on it.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Might I also, humbly, suggest the title of this thread be changed to reflect reality.

Something on the order of, "Distrust of Obama Undermines Government Support" would work. Or "Obama Support Undermines Government Trust" might also be applicable. :)

Just thinking out loud. Rant over. Carry on, nothing to see here.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA

NOT one argument in his behalf, I know not how he can mount a defense for his stupidity, but mount one he will, and it will be as out in left field as he is

What rock are you living under? Have you not seen the "Our 44th President" T-shirts. I've seen lots of "liberals" wearing them and sadly:wtc:, these shirts come in the extra baggy, extra long style. Why? Tell me why?:wtc::wtc::wtc:

Walk into a crowd of minorities and say these words, verbatim, "Obama sucks and is destroying our country" and you will immediately find LOTS of "good words" for our Dictator in training. You won't find many directed toward yourself, but you will find defenders for him. LOTS.

Bet on it.

Along these lines and my above statement to Yrdawg, I was in a Chic-fil-a in Loxley, AL a few weeks ago. Standing in line, I see a young fellow wearing the above described shirt of "Our 44th President" and I make the comment out loud (to be sure that he can hear me) that that is "a fantastic shirt". He looks at me without a clue of my sarcasm and says "Yea. Das ya boy rit der" and points to the picture of Bozo. At that point, I just gave him a thumbs up and laughed. Every other white person in line found the humor (or lack there of) in the exchange except for the two black, female officers standing in line a few people behind me. That was a very sad realization of the voter turnout in 2008.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Bet on it.

Pretty sure that would deprive me of the right of self defense, as the instigator

I don't doubt that thugs on drugs support him, I'm talking about decent folks here, also I understand that a lot s of thugs on drugs are also voters for hire

If votes weren't for sale and bought by tax dollars of honest people this string puppet wouldn't be prez

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    What rock are you living under? Have you not seen the "Our 44th President" T-shirts. I've seen lots of "liberals" wearing them and sadly:wtc:, these shirts come in the extra baggy, extra long style. Why? Tell me why?:wtc::wtc::wtc:

Along these lines and my above statement to Yrdawg, I was in a Chic-fil-a in Loxley, AL a few weeks ago. Standing in line, I see a young fellow wearing the above described shirt of "Our 44th President" and I make the comment out loud (to be sure that he can hear me) that that is "a fantastic shirt". He looks at me without a clue of my sarcasm and says "Yea. Das ya boy rit der" and points to the picture of Bozo. At that point, I just gave him a thumbs up and laughed. Every other white person in line found the humor (or lack there of) in the exchange except for the two black, female officers standing in line a few people behind me. That was a very sad realization of the voter turnout in 2008.

HaHaHa......whew its funny when I'm in a good mood how sorry some peoples parents were to let them grow up to be so rude, not much wonder the shape we're in, learn to answer with respect, it'll come back to ya slik

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "I think the president assumed ... that the confidence that the American people had invested in him as a leader would somehow spill over to his party and to the instruments of government as a whole."

Uneducated, ignorant, self-serving, and sometimes racist minorities got the bastard elected. These people don't participate in politics beyond electing a prez that looks like them... I took that "prez that looks like me" line from the facebook status of a black girl I went to school with who is supposedly conservative. I guess principles don't count for much to some people.

"Of course, the president's conservative critics would argue that Obama might be able to increase trust in government if his government weren't trying to do so much."

Ding ding ding! But this is just what conservatives would argue. It must not be worth much then. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The president is a symptom of the disease. Corruption and lack of accountability is the disease.

Like many issues today, Obama is both a symptom AND a problem. He brings a new degree leftist big gov't politics to Washington, but it was the ignorance, irresponsibility, political correctness, and Godlessness of the American population that put him there.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Don't bet on it. MANY were sick of the dictatorial ways of Bush, Cheney, etc. Blacks make up only 12 percent of the US population...

Its funny how "conservatives" ( I use that word loosely) are up in arms about what Obama is doing. The only thing he has done is further 99% of the policies started by the Bush Administration. Slighly different road, same final destinations.

What is killing this country is the perception of liberty. Think of the frog in boiling water analogy.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't bet on it. MANY were sick of the dictatorial ways of Bush, Cheney, etc. Blacks make up only 12 percent of the US population...

So they voted for Obama? Bush's 2 terms were up. I don't see the logic.

12% is more than the margin of Obama's victory. Don't forget those on welfare (all races), many hispanics, and most people under 30. Of course you also have the people that actually agree with Obama.
    Half of everyone is below average, and, in my opinion, the average American is pretty shitty nowadays.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So they voted for Obama? Bush's 2 terms were up. I don't see the logic.

12% is more than the margin of Obama's victory. Don't forget those on welfare (all races), many hispanics, and most people under 30. Of course you also have the people that actually agree with Obama.
    Half of everyone is below average, and, in my opinion, the average American is pretty shitty nowadays.

People became disaffected with the GOP (which was led into the toilet by the Bush Admin). Of course, they will vote for the other party... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom