Dixie Ranch Road, Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donlee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    slidell
    In the 80s you could go north from Slidell out Dixie Ranch Road a few miles and shoot in a large area. Any shooting up there anymore?
    Don

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Mr. Don, Dave Edson here. Had no clue you were on the forum. Anyway, yes, there is still a range there. It's tied to Dixie Ranch Hunting Club now. Therefore it's gated in and you have to be a member or a guest to shoot. If I was still a member I'd take you. Honey Island is a great range with friendly folks, it's worth checking out. There is also am open pit area to shoot at in Pearlington, MS I can direct you to.

donlee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    slidell
    pearlinton site

Hi, Davej: yea I would like to know more about the Pearlington place. I will definetely go to Honey Island. I went out and checked out. Would like to have an alternative.
    How is your dad?
    Don

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Dad's doing ok. More health issues have arisen but he's taking it in stride. The area in Pearlington is literally a shallow pit where people shoot. It's one of those places folks know about but is not a true designated range.

Take I-10 towards Bay St. Louis. In MS take exit #2, turn right towards Waveland. About a mile down turn right on Hwy 604 to Pearlington. Off 604 take the first completely paved road on the right. Go down and you'll pass a fenced in utility building. After the utility building you'll come to a MODEST 4-way intersection with no stop signs. Rurn right on that road. Go down it for about 1-1.5 miles. You'll come to a large field on the left. Across from it on your right is the pit. It's marked with tires, logs and other junk folks have brought to shoot. You can't miss it.

Top Bottom