Do you think marijuana should be made legal in Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should marijuana possession be made legal in Louisiana?

• For medicinal use

Votes: 64 33.9%
    • For recreational use

Votes: 123 65.1%
    • For dealers

Votes: 14 7.4%
    • NO

Votes: 49 25.9%

• Total voters

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Nobody has answered the most simple questions. Why do you give a **** in the first place?

If you care, at all, what other people are doing with their lives then you suck. You are an ass hole. Don't give me that crap "what if they are beating children and starving puppies behind closed doors." Just answer the question. What has weed done to negatively effect your life to the point where you think people should go to jail for smoking it?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    and...? :confused:

you going to exaplin it to us...?

How would someone know exactly?

Have you ever smoked?

BTW I only ask b/c I'm interested in why you said that. I mean my wife has a degree in something or another with a something or another in Drug Addiction and Child Phsyc.? Anyway we've talked before about what you just said. It seems to be more of a blurry line depending on how the question or statement is presented and what exactly are we talking about. Rehab? Health Effects? Treatment? Etc.

Just wondering what your angle is Bro-Ham!

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I think his point is marijuana is not physically addicting (such as nicotine or heroin) which is the fallback argument for most people defending pot. But it can be equally powerful as a psychological addiction. I know it because I've seen it first hand in close friends.

Granted...you can be psychologically addicted to just about anything. Some people are sex addicts, some people cut themselves, are addicted to eating, etc. All types of silly **** which boil down to an escape from reality, which pot does well.

I don't think it matters much in the big picture. But the point is it certainly can be addicting so it pretty much nullifies that argument.

So you have seen it? In other words you have no proof. If you can see addiction then you need to call Johns Hopkins RIGHT NOW and tell them to check this **** out. You're about to be famous.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Nobody has answered the most simple questions. Why do you give a **** in the first place?

If you care, at all, what other people are doing with their lives then you suck. You are an ass hole. Don't give me that crap "what if they are beating children and starving puppies behind closed doors." Just answer the question. What has weed done to negatively effect your life to the point where you think people should go to jail for smoking it?

I fear people's wives and children texting while driving more!

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    if i didnt work for the government i would probably be smoking one right now, back in the day when i did smoke, i pretty much smoked like most people drink in the afternoons when i got off of work, for one i didnt smoke before i went to work, cause it has the same side effects as drinking alcohol. Only difference too much alcohol makes you hit the porcelin of god lol. Other then that i agree legalize it, Louisiana has a ton of smokers out there, just maybe we could be like Texas for once and get of the Federal Governments titty, and make our own money :)

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but what happened to laws in this country ?? Why is it I'm seeing decent law abiding people excuse weed as being acceptable to be legal ??? What kind of example does this set for our kids ??? What the hell happened to teaching our kids you won't do this in my house or while you live in my house !!! When you turn 18 you can do whatever you want as long as you live on your own !!! Alcohol is no exception or excuse for legalizing Marijuana, drink your alcohol when you turn legal age it's the law, get caught doing marijuana you're going to jail !!! I see why this country is going to ****, people make too many exceptions for things they can't fight so they give up !!! No wonder we're loosing the fight for the right to defend ourselves with guns !!! I'm really shocked by some peoples' thinking on this forum !! Tell me, why does it always come down to making exceptions for laws ? What happened to the law ? IMO, the law has changed because of lawyers/judges......NO OFFENSE LAWYERS/JUDGES.....You get corrupt too, but you know how to manipulate the laws where the public can't fight or dispute them and we let that happen too !!!

Sounds a lot like, "you don't need 30 round mags, there illegal. What happened to the law? What about our kids..."

I totally agree with telling kids you won't do _________ in my house. Wait till your on your own. Because your kids are your responsibility at that point. But to say another grown man can't do something you disagree with that harms NOONE is taking it to far.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I think his point is marijuana is not physically addicting (such as nicotine or heroin) which is the fallback argument for most people defending pot. But it can be equally powerful as a psychological addiction. I know it because I've seen it first hand in close friends.

Granted...you can be psychologically addicted to just about anything. Some people are sex addicts, some people cut themselves, are addicted to eating, etc. All types of silly **** which boil down to an escape from reality, which pot does well.

I don't think it matters much in the big picture. But the point is it certainly can be addicting so it pretty much nullifies that argument.

Some people have addictive personalities. A lot of it is people in general form habits. Once it becomes part of your routine you feel out of place without it.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

This^

It is not physically addictive like heroin, cocaine, etc. It, like anything a person aggrandizes, can be psychologically addicting, but that is not to say it is criminal like things that can be physically addictive. The list of things that are psychologically addictive include team sports, marathon running, a glass of wine with dinner, always stepping into your walk with your left foot first. People interchange physical addiction of cigarettes and heroin with the psychological addiction that /some/ people generate themselves in regards to marijuana. Psychological addiction stems from the person, not the product. So to say marijuana is addictive is... well it's wrong. There's no context of addiction that you could apply to marijuana that is appropriate in a discussion about the merits of banning the substance itself.

As for how someone would know - that's called science, chemistry, testing.

Have I smoked? I've already answered that a few times in this thread, but I don't find relevance to the question in regards to my point of fact. I tried it in college, didn't care for it as much, chose to abuse alcohol instead, quit that for a while too, and if weed were legalized I'd not have any motivation to try it again. I'm just trying to cut through some of the ******** and misinformation.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So you have seen it? In other words you have no proof. If you can see addiction then you need to call Johns Hopkins RIGHT NOW and tell them to check this **** out. You're about to be famous.

markey_mark_wtf.gif

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

I think you're lying. I don't think you have seen multiple "close friends" battle with addiction to weed. Or anything else for that matter. I think you're making it up to make yourself sound more experienced than you really are. Why do I call you a liar? Because as part of my education I came in contact with thousands, if not more, addicts and recovering addicts. Never ONCE have I experienced one struggling a with weed. Not once. For a little while I kept my lights on by studying drug and alcohol addiction. Studied real people with real addictions. Sometimes 20-30 per day. I can say with absolute certainty that you're full of ****.

tumblr_lsqiq3U3pW1qgdqcpo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Most kids I went to school with smoked all through younger years. Then they grew up had kids and got careers. Most of them quit cold turkey for many diff reasons. Myself included. But not one has needed rehab or any kind of counseling etc... Yet I have friends who took other paths (alcohol, cocaine, pills) and it ruined their lives. Mainly pills, mostly prescribed by doctors and purchased legally. They have tried everything to quit but can't get it together. Now they're either dead, in jail/rehab, or still bad off on their drug of choice.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Have I smoked? I've already answered that a few times in this thread, but I don't find relevance to the question in regards to my point of fact. I tried it in college, didn't care for it as much, chose to abuse alcohol instead, quit that for a while too, and if weed were legalized I'd not have any motivation to try it again. I'm just trying to cut through some of the ******** and misinformation.

Actually I meant Cigarettes.

You can get a vast amount of different answers from smokers on their addiction.

*I can quit anytime.
    *It's more of a habit.
    *I'm not physically addictive
    *It's more physiological

Yet all things are present when the smoker attempts to quit;
    - They *FEEL* sick and have strong urges
    - What's making them feel sick? Their brain? (Neurological/Psychological) ?
    - They are absolutely convinced they cannot quit.

See what I'm saying? Both seem to be present and aren't exclusive from one another.

I read an interesting article on this after asking you the question.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...sychological-addiction-is-there-real-differen

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    i want to apologize
    this article PROVES how legalization would gut the mafia, mexican cartels and criminal aspect.
    legalize and tax. then theres is no room to make money.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/16/news/economy/cigarette-smuggling/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

You're the only one who seems to get it.

Doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on. If you're for or against legalization. Which ever you believe is fine, people are entitled to have an opinion. Just don't make facts up and bring them to a debate.

If your for legalization, fine but legalizing weed won't get rid of the black market. Maybe some of it but not all of it. Don't be silly.

If your against, fine, but weed didnt ruin your friends life. Your friend ruined your friends life. Stupid. Don't blame the dope. If weed ruined someone's life then guns kill people.

It's preposterous. I personally do not smoke, never have but I have never seen a group so against a little reefer that they make up crazy "facts" to strengthen their argument. The only one that's crazier is gay marriage debates.

Bottom line is if you are for or against, just say why. I think it should be legal/illegal because....

Leave all the made up nonsense out

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    You're the only one who seems to get it.

Doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on. If you're for or against legalization. Which ever you believe is fine, people are entitled to have an opinion. Just don't make facts up and bring them to a debate.

If your for legalization, fine but legalizing weed won't get rid of the black market. Maybe some of it but not all of it. Don't be silly.

If your against, fine, but weed didnt ruin your friends life. Your friend ruined your friends life. Stupid. Don't blame the dope. If weed ruined someone's life then guns kill people.

It's preposterous. I personally do not smoke, never have but I have never seen a group so against a little reefer that they make up crazy "facts" to strengthen their argument. The only one that's crazier is gay marriage debates.

Bottom line is if you are for or against, just say why. I think it should be legal/illegal because....

Leave all the made up nonsense out
    You act like the debate is over on that topic...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...zation-will-affect-mexicos-cartels-in-charts/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...uana-legalization-would-hurt-mexican-cartels/
    http://www.insightcrime.org/news-analysis/study-legalization-cut-cartel-profits-by-30
    http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/11/study_confirms_legalizing_taxing_marijuana_will_hu.php

That's just some of the links from the first page of google hits, and I took out articles that references the same study, if I linked one already using it, to avoid volumes of links all pointing to the same study.

So yea, sorry, but the indignation /against/ legalization hurting cartels is as-yet unwarranted. I've yet to see anyone say legalization WOUOLDN'T hurt the cartels other than this dude in the thread trying to compare it to cigarettes across State lines within the USA.

Let's say it does create a /domestic/ black market. Would that domestic black market also be trafficking heroin, opium, child and/or sex slaves, running abusive prostitution rings, setting up meth labs, trafficking crystal, and slaughtering people all along the way? Or would it be someone selling quarter bags from the trunk of an Accord?

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    oooooweeee, some people need to quit believing what the media has to say, If everyone wants to see how to government will make money, it is easy.

1. they wouldnt be spending billions trying to find pot and distroying it!
    2. it would make room in the Prison's for the real criminals.
    3. In Amsterdam and California there is no such thing as 70-80 for an ounce with taxes it is at about 100 bucks plus.
    4. Crime would go down, think about histroy and the Prohibition.
    5. Open up stores and give the Pot sellers a job. ( Hey look at me i have a store front now!)

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not saying it won't hurt cartels. I'm saying it won't put and end to them, at least not anytime soon.

The point in trying to make is legalizing wont get rid of black market drug deals. Fact. Maybe it cuts them by a large percentage, maybe it does nothing. We have no way of knowing. Keeping it illegal does nothing to prevent people from being stupid. Also a fact.

What it comes down to is an emotional debate. The morality of our country. Drugs are evil. Blah blah blah. What's the number of alcoholics vs the number of people addicted of opiates? I'm not kidding, look it up.

People kill people. Guns don't kill people. Drugs don't kill people. People kill people. Making any of it illegal is not going to change anything.

I don't partially care one way or the other if weed is legal or not. What I do care about is how my tax dollars are spent. If they are spent employing police officers to fight the war on drugs while my school system is failing then I'm pissed. We need to prioritize and weed should not be high on our list. No pun intended.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I think you're tilting at windmills, man. I doubt anyone thinks it will eliminate illegal or black market sales. I mean, there are still people who get alcohol underage. There is always a reason to cut corners, and get something easier, or when you don't want it. People still moonshinin'.

But it's an improvement. No one is saying it's a 100% cure to any problem. It's about getting better, and signs point to legalization resulting great positive movement, in many aspects. Your last paragraph is very poignant in that regard.

Top Bottom