Doctor Ends Hospital Shooting with Own Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    good for the doctor, glad it turned out OK for him, sad to hear about the case worker. It would be interesting to see what the hospital's gun policy is, (gun free zone like BR hospitals?) and if they decide to change their policy over this indecent. I hope the doctor doesn't get any charges out of this.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I know a few healthcare workers (from nurses to doctors) that don't agree with that policy, I hope this helps to change things. Yeah, no guns allowed, but nobody is being checked, so how are the good guys supposed to protect themselves? With all the trash and mental illness that comes through, hospitals aren't the safest places in the world.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It is great to see Citizens acting as first responders. I am glad the Doctor had the Technical Ability and willingness to commit.

Bayouhunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Opelousas
    good for the doctor, glad it turned out OK for him, sad to hear about the case worker. It would be interesting to see what the hospital's gun policy is, (gun free zone like BR hospitals?) and if they decide to change their policy over this indecent. I hope the doctor doesn't get any charges out of this.

Saw it last night on the news. Pretty sure there was a placard at the entrances 'No Firearms Allowed'

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The state run media has no story here. If the bad guy had killed 10 people that's all we would be hearing about. Good guy with a gun isn't news. Crickets. I would even be willing to bet the doctor will be reprimanded in some way by the hospital for breaking a rule/law. He should be allowed to make PSA's for gun rights.

johnnyastro22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    I was surprised when my wife pointed this story out on her MSN page last night, good gun press?

I know that our local hospital has the anti gun placards, the good news is that I have seen nothing to suggest that the hospital in the story is taking any action against the doctor.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    The local hospital (in SC) in which I work has a working relationship with the state government. Although it has a board of trustees and a lot of elements of being a "private" operation, it can offer state retirement benefits and is a quasi-state institution. This also applies to satellite clinics. So basically, my clinic has a no-firearms policy, and I can't do anything about it... Although, most of the physicians (and nurses, BTW) are avid shooters, and I wouldn't be surprised to find a few tools stashed here and there.

Narcotics seekers have been known to shoot up physician offices after being denied scripts.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom