DOD's Plan to Face China in the Western Pacific

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm guessing we would start by torpedoing their container ships headed to Wal-mart?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    1. FACT

2. Subjective. How so?

We superior in military because our guys speak english, I listen to them china guys and I can't understand a word, they must always be confused, no.... our guys will win hands down just cause they can understand each other

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    We superior in military because our guys speak english, I listen to them china guys and I can't understand a word, they must always be confused, no.... our guys will win hands down just cause they can understand each other

I love this. Thanks Yrdawg. I'm still laughing.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    My point is they have, for all practical purposes, an unlimited population to draw from.

They won't have to fire a shot to beat us since they are holding our economic balls,
    but -

Take 500 container ships, put 5,000 troops on each one, sail them towards ports...

They have arms manufacturing plants...

We would need parts from China to build anything on short notice in any volume.

They can win a war of attrition, and they have the population to do so.

We can sink the ships, they do not have enough weapons for their military (My information on this is slightly dated) let alone same TYPE of weapons...

We can destroy their bunkers and wipe out their country.

They cannot do the same.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    We can sink the ships, they do not have enough weapons for their military (My information on this is slightly dated) let alone same TYPE of weapons...

We can destroy their bunkers and wipe out their country.

They cannot do the same.
    they should have just been producing AK's then.

at least by now they would have enough.

...those T95 rifles look like junk

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They are prepared for Total Warfare just like Russia is.

My OPINION/PERCEPTION is that we are more prepared for low intensity warfare equipment and training wise. This is especially true with Russia. China's population throws a wrench in my perception.

And who knows how many ICBMs they have? Bill Clinton assisted them greatly during his 8 yr stint in the White House so their guidance system is fine. And our "ally" in the Middle East regularly trades OUR military secrets with them so... I'd not like to engage them at all.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I haven't heard much scuttlebutt about this lately, but for the sake of discussion.....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdpDt8JU19o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdpDt8JU19o[/ame]

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    NK already sent one over Japan over 6 yrs ago and it landed in the vicinity of Alaska. Certainly, China WOULD develop such a missile. Can't blame them, really. I would not like China sending weapons of war into the Gulf of Mexico and would develop weaponry to counter their presence, too.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    NK already sent one over Japan over 6 yrs ago and it landed in the vicinity of Alaska. Certainly, China WOULD develop such a missile. Can't blame them, really. I would not like China sending weapons of war into the Gulf of Mexico and would develop weaponry to counter their presence, too.

There are those who doubt whether or not this missile exists....One thing is certain though: American carriers are a major concern to the Chinese military. I agree- I could see them wanting such a weapon....Carrier groups are one hell of a bargaining chip.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree with you. I don't think that missile is fictional. They sent one over Japan within the past three years, too. It was in the press and I "laughed" as it was the second report of such a threatening test.

Top Bottom