Does it bother you

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    When people post stuff like this on Facebook? I feel like it's just not the brightest idea to broadcast to the world that you carry a weapon daily. Sure, it sounds good and all, but then everyone knows you as "that guy." In this case "that guy" is the guy who wants attention because he has a gun. I saw a similar guy like that at work this week. He had a badge on his wallet and I almost asked him if he were a cop, but I got a full glance of it and it said "Concealed Handgun Holder" or something close to that. Oh, and he didn't look like the finest citizen. #DUMB. People just want attention for anything nowadays. /rant

The post going around:
    I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser, yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. It can't just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger...but, I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life. No, if I die it will be in a pile of spent shell casings. I won't be that victim. I choose not to be. As for you, I don't ask you to carry a gun. If you are not comfortable, then please don't. But I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim. There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I want one too...
    Be smart don't blame the guns, blame the people using them.
    Copy and paste if you believe this too....

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have seen this on my FB feed posted by at least 5 individuals who I knew were known to carry. It doesn't surprise me. It doesn't bother me either. They live their life and I live mine.

Although, in the past few days, it's taken a lot for me to not yell "guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people" at several people I know.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Although, in the past few days, it's taken a lot for me to not yell "guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people" at several people I know.

Or how about "guns don't kill people, people with guns, knives, explosives, hammers, and rocks kill people"?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I dont do facebook because I dont believe in putting my business out on the web for all to see, and while I have met some of you, for the most part what I say here, is anonymous. I would never post on facebook that I carry or what guns I have, like, or want. I mentioned many times I like to open carry its easier more comfortable and I get to carry the adult sized gun, but I don't like the attention it brings so I dont do it anymore. Now if I were to go post on facebook that I slip my little nine milli-meter croch heater in my pants every day before I leave the house why would I bother concealing. But its facebook when I go get lunch I need the world to know about that. And geeze the guy at the shop and rob pissed me off so now I need you all to know that too. And since its summer guess where I taking the family on vacation too. As a society we have become idiots, because we now have a way to make ourselves feel special at the tip of our fingers and we forget we have brains.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Nope, I rarely post anything but I read it often just to pass the time. If you wanna put your business out there, that's on you. I've wanted to post so much stuff lately (lots of people I know from college are super liberal), but don't. Last thing I need is some sort of social media pissing match getting back to my employer

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    I got rid of all social media 4 years ago and guys... It's really nice . Like so nice to not see all of the dumb people posting about being offended by something they not only dont understand but have no effect on them in any way. It does suck when I meet new people and they ask me if I'm on Facebook and I have to explain for 5 minutes that you aren't required to have one

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I got rid of all social media 4 years ago and guys... It's really nice . Like so nice to not see all of the dumb people posting about being offended by something they not only dont understand but have no effect on them in any way. It does suck when I meet new people and they ask me if I'm on Facebook and I have to explain for 5 minutes that you aren't required to have one

I just say no, I'm not a teenage girl.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    From a buddy of mine, whom i am quite sure many many of you know.

Heres my rebuttal

I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and look at you silently judging and you are none the wiser, yet you are oblivious of me next to you. I won't help you control your kids, I won't help you pay for your groceries you don't need and can't pay for. Maybe you should get the **** off your cell phone and pay attention to your surroundings. Your kids are disrespectful, they are making everyone uncomfortable and everyone wishes you would just go away. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will haul ass...and take my family and circle of friends with me, and you will never know. I will stay and die if I must fighting with everything in my body, and everything within reach, not to help you escape, but to hold the onslaught back from those that I love, while they escape... Hoping that should I die, the assailant shares the same fate as me, at my hands.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth

Heres my rebuttal

I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and look at you silently judging and you are none the wiser, yet you are oblivious of me next to you. I won't help you control your kids, I won't help you pay for your groceries you don't need and can't pay for. Maybe you should get the **** off your cell phone and pay attention to your surroundings. Your kids are disrespectful, they are making everyone uncomfortable and everyone wishes you would just go away. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will haul ass...and take my family and circle of friends with me, and you will never know. I will stay and die if I must fighting with everything in my body, and everything within reach, not to help you escape, but to hold the onslaught back from those that I love, while they escape... Hoping that should I die, the assailant shares the same fate as me, at my hands.

That's a great post.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

Heres my rebuttal

Bravo sir!

I don't do FB, but my wife showed me that several people I know copied the one Austin posted. I silently chuckled when I saw one was a morbidly obese guy I know that probably struggles to wipe his own ass. Yea... Thanks for carrying your gun to protect me and mine. :rolleyes:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Awesomeness +100

from a buddy of mine, whom i am quite sure many many of you know.

Heres my rebuttal

i stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and look at you silently judging and you are none the wiser, yet you are oblivious of me next to you. I won't help you control your kids, i won't help you pay for your groceries you don't need and can't pay for. Maybe you should get the **** off your cell phone and pay attention to your surroundings. Your kids are disrespectful, they are making everyone uncomfortable and everyone wishes you would just go away. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, i will haul ass...and take my family and circle of friends with me, and you will never know. I will stay and die if i must fighting with everything in my body, and everything within reach, not to help you escape, but to hold the onslaught back from those that i love, while they escape... Hoping that should i die, the assailant shares the same fate as me, at my hands.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    People in general are douches! These social media sites give whackos and introverts an outlet to portray themselves as something they are not in real life.

What should bother Facebookers more is the diabolical digital tracking these parasites do on everyone involved in that silliness. Just today on the news it decalred, they will now be able to track the exact stores and locations you shop at.

Who in the hell, would want to invite that kind of crap on their personal cell phones?

Facebook is the best counterintelligence media out there. When I need to find someone in hiding, I can always count on their own vanity and neediness to help me find them on the internet.

Dumbasses!

BTW: Good rebuttal from my boy! :D

There really is an us versus them mentality taking shape.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)

Heres my rebuttal

I think that is the closest I've ever come to wanting to push a "LIKE" button......

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The only thing that worries me about it is that I know a few people that posted it and I wouldn't feel comfortable being around them if they had a red Ryder in their possession. But if they are legal they have the right and I won't argue that. Just makes me a bit nervous if what they post is true and those few I am referring to actually carry a weapon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom