Dog chewed my gun cabinet. need advice!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    im so ****ing pissed!!!! my brothers stupid ass dog damn near chewed the corner of my gun cabinet off. i made it when i was 15 in wood shop so it does have a certain sentimental value to it because it took me ****ing forever and i'm pretty proud of how it turned out. then this little ****er decides she wants a snack when he's not paying attention. im about ready to beat the **** out of her (but im not going to, dont go all PETA on me) what im basically asking for is if anyone has advanced wood working knowledge/experience to give me some ideas on what, if anything, can be done. any and all help is appreciated...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    This is the best reply yet, shoot the dog for something he doesn't no he did wrong!
    Should we treat children the same way? sure why not:doh: starting with the pinky toe

I didn't mean it realistically. I would never shoot a dog. Cat? Maybe. Dog? No. I have three dogs.

I'm sorry... it was just a joke.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Art Linkletter would probably have said, "dogs can do the darndest things".

I think the dog might have been doing something like bears do when they claw on trees. He was just letting anyone who might sneak in to your home to steal your guns that they better watch out 'cause there's a big huge mean dog in the house that will eat them alive so get the he-l outa here while you still can.

If that's why he did it then give him a big meaty bone and some "atta boys".

srscott

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    SWLA
    brother's dog? sounds like your brother needs to make it up to you. if he isn't spending enough time with the dog (dogs chew when they are bored) then you need to rub your brother's nose in it and beat him, instead of the dog.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    +1 on grits. The photos I've seen of his work look impressive.

If you want someone local there is an unfinished furniture store on the service road in covington. The guy they use to do all of their finishing work (and stain matching) is in Slidell. I don't remember his name now but if you call them I'm sure they will give it to you. He matched the stain from a draw we sent him on a few tables perfectly.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I think the dog might have been doing something like bears do when they claw on trees. He was just letting anyone who might sneak in to your home to steal your guns that they better watch out 'cause there's a big huge mean dog in the house that will eat them alive so get the he-l outa here while you still can.

If that's why he did it then give him a big meaty bone and some "atta boys".

hahaha, I never thought of it like that. That's actually kinda badass, when I think of it that way. I've had a couple dogs that were real furniture chewers. These were dogs that hurt your ears when they let a mean bark out, so I don't think they needed to leave visual markings :P Good thinking though ;)

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Why do people let animals run there lives. I see it everyday in people's houses. They **** and crap and chew and smell and ruin houses to the point that quality of life is affected. When you let a an animal run your life, it is sad. The burden far outweighs the joy in my opinion. I work in people's houses on a daily basis and see it over and over. Now I am sure people will say you have to give them attention and take them to the park and for walks and......blah blah blah. If you have that much time in your day you should get a second job and few more kids.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Why do people let animals run there lives. I see it everyday in people's houses. They **** and crap and chew and smell and ruin houses to the point that quality of life is affected. When you let a an animal run your life, it is sad. The burden far outweighs the joy in my opinion. I work in people's houses on a daily basis and see it over and over. Now I am sure people will say you have to give them attention and take them to the park and for walks and......blah blah blah. If you have that much time in your day you should get a second job and few more kids.

You know, I think that's a little over the top considering the circumstances. Did you even bother to try and comprehend the OP?? Perhaps you should go back and re-read it carefully and they adjust your above rant appropriately.

Top Bottom