Don Hume holster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I ordered a m715 iwb holster for a 1911. Has anyone had any experience with one of these? It is taking awhile to get it, backordered. Is any one familar with the quality of this holster? After having to wait so long, I kinda have high expectations.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I am wearing one right now. I have one for a G23 and another for a XDsc. I like the easy on and easy off of the clip. I did not have any problems with the holster wanting to come out with the gun on the G23 or XD. I just got this one for my 1911 about a month or so ago so it is still VERY tight. Once it wears in a bit the gun will draw much easier. Once properly broken in you will be very happy.

When you get it put the gun in it and leave it there for a while so the leather can take to the shape of the gun. I like the fact that you do not HAVE to wear a belt with this holster so you can wear it with shorts in the summer. You will like it. Worth the wait and the price can not be beat. They fit my needs that is why I have one for each of the guns I carry. I also bought one for my wifes J frame but I have never carried it so I can not comment on it.

Last edited:

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Cool, I should have mine in a couple of weeks. For what I want, there are not alot of options really. I like milt sparks vm2, but i need something I can take on and off easily. My main concern about this holster is that it will ride too high?

Last edited:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I have one of these. The only issue I have with it, is that it is lacking a barrier between the gun and your side. It can be uncomfortable at times. IIRC, mine took one or two months to come in.

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I ordered mine on the 13th of December and they emailed me telling me it would be shipped to me by the 22nd of January. They didn't tell me it was not in stock until after I had ordered it.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I have an H715 IWB for my XD9sc and it works fine. Gotta make sure the clip is anchored down or else holster stays when gun is drawn. Been using it for almost 2 weeks now and I'm hoping it loosens up soon. Other than that,it's a quality holster.

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Finaly!!!!! I got it, the gun fits perfect. I tried it on and it feel ok. I haven't worn it out yet. I can tell it is going to need some breaking in. I'll let ya"ll know in a week or two.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I have a m715 for my S&W gunsite (4") and I just ordered a m715 for my Colt Government (5"). I ordered the last holster on 1/30 and got the notification today that it would be mailed "within 3-5 days". We'll see... I do like Hume holsters.

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I saw last night they make a thumb break holster designed for cocked and locked carry. I think I am going to pick up one those.

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    I have been carrying a G36 in an m715 for over 5 years, works well, even with shorts and a tee shirt during the summer.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I have a m715 for my S&W gunsite (4") and I just ordered a m715 for my Colt Government (5"). I ordered the last holster on 1/30 and got the notification today that it would be mailed "within 3-5 days". We'll see... I do like Hume holsters.

This is just for info only - my holster came in today, 02-06-10. Right at a 1 week turn around. Not bad, but not "cheaper than dirt" either.

Marc

Top Bottom