Donald Trump just AGREED with the no fly/no buy gun control list in the debate.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    That is ridiculous, and makes no difference. Either way, it is unconstitutional as hell and must not be allowed

What must not be allowed?The no fly list?The no fly no FFL buy list?Now if they said that a person on a no fly list could no longer own guns then that would be un- constitutional but no one has said that.Are we guaranteed by our fore fathers to be able to pass a federal background check?To hell with the fed and their gun dealers.Every time you go through a FFL you feed the beast.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Taking rights away without due process is crazy talk. If you are a criminal on the no fly list and there is enough for due process to take place and you are convicted then so be it, until then, no rights should be revoked from an individual.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Taking rights away without due process is crazy talk. If you are a criminal on the no fly list and there is enough for due process to take place and you are convicted then so be it, until then, no rights should be revoked from an individual.

since when is it a right to fly on an airplane? please enlighten me.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Yes, it must not be allowed. If you are not prohibited from owning guns, you cannot legally be barred from buying a gun. The ability to purchase is inherent to the right to keep. How do you guys not get this? We are talking about a bureaucratic list with no oversight. Do you understand that the gov will never set up the list the right way, because then it would no longer function? There is only way a no buy list could ever be constitutional:

That is if every person of interest is given a fair and open court trial BEFORE they are put on the list.

Since that will never happen, the idea must be stopped.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    But but but his sons like guns!

I told y'all he doesn't care one wit about guns. And trust me he thinks that gun control makes more sense than gun availability.
    Don't doubt me on this.

Still got my vote but a boating accident involving all my guns, magazines, and ammo is inevitable.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    How is it unconstitutional? Once the system is fixed it will be the same as felons not being allowed to buy guns. All for it.
    And there are ways to get off a list which does involve the legal system/judge etc.. is it a quick process? No but there is a process. A bit of reform and better policy on the no fly list should fix it.

Our constitution requires due process.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Yes, it must not be allowed. If you are not prohibited from owning guns, you cannot legally be barred from buying a gun. The ability to purchase is inherent to the right to keep. How do you guys not get this? We are talking about a bureaucratic list with no oversight. Do you understand that the gov will never set up the list the right way, because then it would no longer function? There is only way a no buy list could ever be constitutional:

That is if every person of interest is given a fair and open court trial BEFORE they are put on the list.

Since that will never happen, the idea must be stopped.

so what about the mentally unstable persons on prohibition of firearms purchases? shall we put all mentally ill people on trial before we ban them from gun sales?

Look if your a Criminal, or on a terror watch list i really dont want you OWNING weapons, or buying them. this country cannot and will not spend money on lengthy trial process for something that frankly doesn't need to happen.

The mistaken No fly ban or terror watch-list errors are small in number. if this was such a huge deal why has no one ever sued or even attempted to sue the U.S government over unconstitutionality? if they did and were shot down the appeals process would begin, and eventually it would have made it to the U.S Supreme court to decide if its constitutional or not. So far it hasn't.

if this list or provisions help stop bad people from doing bad things im all for it. god knows we have enought crazy idiots giving gun owners a bad name in this country.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Bad troll. Back under your bridge.
    your just ignorant to what the constitution states.

You have no right to fly on a aircraft, nor do you have a right to drive or own an automobile. you dont even have a right to get a drivers licence.

its a privilege, learn the difference.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006

We are talking about gun purchases and using a term "no fly list" and "terrorist watch list" as one in the same. I am not referring to flying on a private airline. (I would have hoped that was obvious being the conversation was about guns)

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

That's a semantic argument at best. If the no fly list was an advisory list that the Feds gave each airline and each airline was allowed to do with it what they wish then sure your semantic argument would stand. Instead the federal government say no you can't let this person fly on your plane with no due process. Weather or not it and the TSA are keeping us safe is debatable at best anyways.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    That's a semantic argument at best. If the no fly list was an advisory list that the Feds gave each airline and each airline was allowed to do with it what they wish then sure your semantic argument would stand. Instead the federal government say no you can't let this person fly on your plane with no due process. Weather or not it and the TSA are keeping us safe is debatable at best anyways.

This is very true, The private airlines have zero say in the matter.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA

We are talking about gun purchases and using a term "no fly list" and "terrorist watch list" as one in the same. I am not referring to flying on a private airline. (I would have hoped that was obvious being the conversation was about guns)
    Read unseens post, he expressed that being on a No fly list was infringing on individuals rights.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    But but but his sons like guns!

I told y'all he doesn't care one wit about guns. And trust me he thinks that gun control makes more sense than gun availability.
    Don't doubt me on this.

Still got my vote but a boating accident involving all my guns, magazines, and ammo is inevitable.

You were lucky Obama parked his rain machine over the tangi and flooded all mine. Yeah Bush finally handed it over he wanted to keep it but the Builderburgs wouldn't let him. :mamoru:

Now that is a conspiracy theory.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    This is very true, The private airlines have zero say in the matter.

because they do not. the Airline industry and air traffic in General in the United States is controlled by the FAA which is a Federal Government agency.

if the FAA said you cant fly on an airplane, you cant fly. Airline company's have no say in this matter.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    The cant, because the airways and fly zones in the united states are controled by the FAA. the airlines do what the FAA says , or they no longer operate in our airspace.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Read unseens post, he expressed that being on a No fly list was infringing on individuals rights.

Flying on a private airline is not a right. Regardless, the private airline is not making the decision, the government is doing it for them. That is a completely different argument and I have already clarified what I was talking about. I am talking about guns here.

Top Bottom