Done!!! Starting My first Ar-15 build done!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I've ordered everything now and got most of it in so I decided to go ahead and start my build thread. Here is my parts list.

Spikes Tactical: Zombie Lower, Enhanced Lower parts kit, and Mil-Spec buffer tube.
    Daniel Defense: Complete Upper.
    Magpul: Moe Fde Stock, Grip, and Rail Cover's.
    Eotech: Model 512.A65
    Streamlight: Strion

And here are pictures of what I have so far.
    e3d85c1f.jpg

9a2c19aa.jpg

7c91cf41.jpg

11e72bc9.jpg

be2483a1.jpg

5500dcf4.jpg

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Nice. IMHO leave the front sight as is and go to lower 1/3 cowitness on your optic. If you really want to replace the FSB with a gas block, have it pinned in place or at least have the barrel dimpled for it by a gunsmith. The difference between a fully-functional AR and a single shot rifle that used to be an AR is about 1/100th of an inch of movement in the gas block.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Nice. IMHO leave the front sight as is and go to lower 1/3 cowitness on your optic. If you really want to replace the FSB with a gas block, have it pinned in place or at least have the barrel dimpled for it by a gunsmith. The difference between a fully-functional AR and a single shot rifle that used to be an AR is about 1/100th of an inch of movement in the gas block.

I appreciate the advice I may just leave this rifle open sights and put the eotech on something else but having it at absolute co-witness doesnt bother me much but that may change after I get it together and shoot it

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If it wasn't a DD I'd tell ya to hack it up all you want. ;)

Problem is as it sits you've got a damn fine upper there that is top notch and will likely take you through hell and back if you take care of it.

Also of note...that is a lightweight "pencil" barrel profile, if you do decide to put a gas block on it make sure you get one made for a .625" barrel.

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Looks good. I've been considering the Streamlight Strion also, and mounting it so that I can use the charger as a docking station for the rifle in the safe. I believe the Strion does not allow over-charging, so I could pretty much leave it there all the time. ...looking forward to your finished product.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La

Fully noted but I think Im just going to leave it as it sit's. I've talked myself out of changing anything. or more or less been talked out of it, by other articles I've read as well.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Looks good. I've been considering the Streamlight Strion also, and mounting it so that I can use the charger as a docking station for the rifle in the safe. I believe the Strion does not allow over-charging, so I could pretty much leave it there all the time. ...looking forward to your finished product.

I will double check my owners manual for you but I'm pretty sure it said it will cut off when fully charged. But so far I'm satisfied with it. And I should have a finished profuct by next Tuesday night If the reciever arrives on time.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    haha I work on the road and this R/V is so much better than staying in a hotel and much cheaper to stay at a campground I might add.

dmurph

Serious as dick cancer!
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Huntsville, TX
    looks great! a word to the wise, take your time with the lower i just scratched a spikes biohazard lower because i got in a hurry. i have been building ARs for several years and do it as a proffesion and still managed to screw up a good finish. keep up the good work

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Got more stuff in today! Still waiting on parts kit and receiver should be here next week spikes was back ordered, here's what I got in today,

3d174bb2.jpg

23c2d115.jpg

5f2eb47a.jpg

And here is a generic of the receiver

67c0bab1.jpg

Top Bottom