Don't bring a fist to a gun fight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    One of the protest signs literally said, "He was an INNOCENT young man." (No emphasis added-- "innocent" was highlighted.)

Assault doesn't count anymore, I suppose-- nor allegedly being with other armed individuals.

Side note-- he must punch like a door mouse...

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    One of the protest signs literally said, "He was an INNOCENT young man." (No emphasis added-- "innocent" was highlighted.)

Assault doesn't count anymore, I suppose-- nor allegedly being with other armed individuals.

I noticed that as well. Pisses me off.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    If I worked at 3AM in a gas station on Martin Luther King road and already was held up and shot once, I wouldn't have opened the damn door.

This is why I don't think it's a good shoot. He was arguing with the guy, then opened the door. Getting punched in the face isn't grounds for shooting someone.

I don't think the puncher was an "innocent victim", or that he probably didn't deserve to be ventilated for some other transgression, but in this case, doesn't look good.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    At face value (and in my humble opinion), this is yet ANOTHER of the COUNTLESS cases out there where a young culturally-challenged male lashes out with aggressive, feral behavior- and lands himself in a world of trouble. Not a shock at all.

I would be willing to bet the reaction of this "youngster" (who is also hat-challenged) mirrors what actually took place in a couple of cases in the state of Florida over the last year, as well. These days, if you question certain individuals' motives politely (such as asking someone blaring profanity-laced lyrics from his radio to show some respect for the children in the next car, or yours), you had best be prepared for an altercation. And that's too bad, for society's sake.

At least, that's what certainly appears to be going on out there.:dunno:

The fools marching around with protest signs are as much of the problem as Hatman, himself. They are defending bad behavior. Until they are willing to denounce said bad behavior, this will continue to happen. One can only assume they are happy with their " current community situation".

Sorry if I offend anyone. Rant over.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Yup! This is exactly what the NWO wants here. Remember, they are black; they are allowed to act like animals and criminals. We must all come to realize that the black race in the US is not to blame because the sooner you people understand that their expectations for being normal law abiding citizens are supposed to be set lower, the better off you will all be.

Why don't these protesters go after the crux of the matter; laws for blacks need to be revised to a lessor threshold. Stop wasting your time protesting the small stuff!

IDIOTS!

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    It seems to be an escalation of force issue. It's no longer acceptable to smash a fly with a sledgehammer. If the clerk was getting beaten and on the ground, in fear for his life, he would have grounds to use his gun though, right?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It seems to be an escalation of force issue. It's no longer acceptable to smash a fly with a sledgehammer. If the clerk was getting beaten and on the ground, in fear for his life, he would have grounds to use his gun though, right?

You obvioulsy haven't seen many videos like this. Had the clerk not taken his action, I would have bet my last penny the next footage would have been of all 3 of them beating the crap out him. Just like the 92% of all of these play out.

When have you ever seen the criminals de-escalate their involvement?

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    You obvioulsy haven't seen many videos like this. Had the clerk not taken his action, I would have bet my last penny the next footage would have been of all 3 of them beating the crap out him. Just like the 92% of all of these play out.

When have you ever seen the criminals de-escalate their involvement?

That is exactly what I thought. Everyone would be happier to see three guys stomping him I guess. He shouldn't have opened the door as that is a huge night time no-no for anyone in business/retail. If I don't recognize a person at my front door I answer with a gun as well. Unless it is the Jehovah's I make sure they see me and then I don't answer the door.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Not a good shoot with our current laws. Still, the punk deserved it.

"He shouldn't have shot my son."

Maybe not, but you shouldn't have raised a douche bag either.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Not a good shoot with our current laws. Still, the punk deserved it.

"He shouldn't have shot my son."

Maybe not, but you shouldn't have raised a douche bag either.

How is it not. Does he not have reasonable doubt the guy is going to cause him harm? How many punches do you let him land? Is two an okay number?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    You gotta admit, though, that those NBPP's looked really cute/scary in their paramilitary uniforms. :noes:

Like right outta Ugandan Special Forces.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    It looked like there was a gentleman behind him. How do we know he wasn't opening the door to let that gentleman out? If he was opening the door to confront the man then it was a horrible idea. If he was opening the door to let a customer out and was defending himself with a weapon because of the individuals antics then I don't see anything wrong with it.

He is lucky he wasn't put down with that blow btw. It was on the button without a single shred of reaction on his part.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How is it not. Does he not have reasonable doubt the guy is going to cause him harm? How many punches do you let him land? Is two an okay number?

Not only that, but history (via the countless surveillance videos out there), would support what I mentioned earlier..............they almost always never end well for the victim. That's precedence, in my opinion.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell

Well it will depend how is lawyer decides to handle it. You have to be under thread of imminent death or sever bodily harm. So the defense attorney will have to convince the jury that a punch would cause a normal person to fear for their life. From the video, the guy is just being a common street punk. He sees the gun in the clerk's hand, then hits him and backs off. The prosecuting attorney is going to use that to say he wasn't wanting to push the confrontation further.

If I were the judge, I'd attempt to set a precedent that punching someone in the face means they have the right to shoot you. These animals need consequences more than a night in jail and a "don't do that again" from the judge.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom