Dont Try This At Home!!!! Or Anywhere Else, Or Ever!!!!.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Just had to share this one. Youtube is a wonderful resource, and a bad idea at the same time.

I will say this: It is better to have a really shitty plan, than no plan at all.......unless it's this guys really shitty plan. ENJOY.

PS: Don't ever do any of this. ANY OF THIS!!!! NEVER EVER.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I was waiting for the pistol to go off :shocked:

Me too.

Since he was training with a "trainer" pistol, and couldn't/didn't shoot himself in any way, I really don't get the OP. The guy has a valid point IMO. If you run out of bullets(or have a misfire or FTE) a blunt heavy object is better than bare hands for striking, and the ergonomics of modern pistols makes them rather handy for this sort of use .
    Granted, you guys know I am no sort of expert by any means, but I can see the value of at least being familiar with these techniques as a side line of well rounded training

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Me too.

Since he was training with a "trainer" pistol, and couldn't/didn't shoot himself in any way, I really don't get the OP. The guy has a valid point IMO. If you run out of bullets(or have a misfire or FTE) a blunt heavy object is better than bare hands for striking, and the ergonomics of modern pistols makes them rather handy for this sort of use .
    Granted, you guys know I am no sort of expert by any means, but I can see the value of at least being familiar with these techniques as a side line of well rounded training

Win by any means necessary....including "pistol whipping". It all boils down to who has the will to live more than the other. I think that if the situation actually got that bad, your physical strength and conditioning will go further that your psitol whipping skills. It is a known fact that most fights go to the ground quickly, at that point....the pistol whip although useful, may not be an executable move. I think cardio and strength training would beat the "tactical cross draw pistol whip" hands down.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I think cardio and strength training would beat the "tactical cross draw pistol whip" hands down.

You're most probably right about that. And the "tactical drop-leg cross draw" did crack me up.
    I, personally, am very tall, very skinny, and very fast...but not very physically strong or conditioned, so I am always looking for new ways to augment my lack of strength with new tactics and a variety of options if/when I ever do find out how a real fight goes first hand.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    muzzle discipline?

I can see there might be some point if the gun was disabled maybe but doing this by choice with a loaded weapon is insane.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    NOT...

not gonna use that set up...agree U Tube ain't the answer to everything

Tactical drop leg cross draw....Suarez will be sellin these soon, think they'll have one for a G 20 with scope, light and bayonet ???

SP

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Lol well I am glad I don't use YouTube as a class/training supplement. As far as the video goes it looks like mma mixed with pistol. I think if you are that close up a clinch and some knees to the sternum would be much more effective but that's probably because my mind is stuck on mma after watching him hit the dummy with a mad to cut him...and a baton pistol.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I completely forgot about the pistol bayonet. Glocks are kind of like AR's they are only cool with 10 lbs of ******** hanging off of them.:mamoru:

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Cannot believe he did not mention the handgun being used as a throwing weapon (rock)? Reference old cowboy movies from the 40's and 50's.
    WARNING: never throw a loaded weapon at (to) your opponent.

This guy reminds me of the utube CQB guru who shot himself in the leg then called his Mom and Dad.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Damn it, I was practicing along with the Video so I could use this at work. Now y'all say its not a good idea. Quit posting stuff that isn't good training.

MOTOR51

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    To his credit he said it was a "trainer" pistol. Every other second was full-retard.

He has a similar video regarding using a carbine the same way with some good tips on how and when to take prisoners. Good stuff. :crazy:

Top Bottom