Door Holster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I highly reccomend you take a Force on Force class, its an eye opener and it will make you understand WHY some of us are this paranoid about our safety

Is that readily available? I've been fighting my innate, genetic sense of procrastination to take a CCW course. This "Force on Force" sounds interesting. Where does one acquire it or is it a variation on the standard CCW course instruction? Thanks.

PM him (Guate). He'll give you a damn good lesson on "Force on Force". One of the best instructors in the world, no kidding.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Negative its not even related to a CCW Class or what is required for your permit.

You will not even be using a "real" gun per say, but its as realistic as it gets without getting shot in the face or arms with a real gun.

The closest "full" blown class that I know of that is available would be probably in Texas with Jon Payne or in Alabama with Rick Klopp both are Staff Instructors with Suarez.

You might also check with Mr. Hickman in Thibodeaux (985.633.4827), IIRC he had plans of actually putting out a full blown class but not sure if that ever took place or not.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    You might also check with Mr. Hickman in Thibodeaux (985.633.4827), IIRC he had plans of actually putting out a full blown class but not sure if that ever took place or not.

Thanks for the info. Being that Thibodaux is closer than Breaux Bridge, Texas or Alabama, I may contact him. Good information. I also need to stop procrastinating and see about one of the CCW classes closer to me, too.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Is that readily available? I've been fighting my innate, genetic sense of procrastination to take a CCW course. This "Force on Force" sounds interesting. Where does one acquire it or is it a variation on the standard CCW course instruction? Thanks.

Have airsoft. Will travel.
    I'm in Houma often. PM me and we will give FOF a go.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    You need MORE than just Airsoft guns for a FOF Class

There is PPE that is REQUIRED to keep all participants safe (headgear w shield, gloves, throat guard, etc, etc)

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Mr Hickman would be my recomendation in that area as well for a CCW Class

I watched the video you posted and there is NO way that course, or that type course in general, would be possible for me. I have a couple of names around here that I think I'll consider that do CCW. I think I'll need some specialized and probably more personalized training.

Thanks for the replies but this is beyond my physical ability.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    MOst courses are not that intense though, I was just commenting on how it needs to really be setup so that people doesnt get hurt and without the proper PPE BAD things can happen .......

Bill Hickman does one on one Instruction as well

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    MOst courses are not that intense though, I was just commenting on how it needs to really be setup so that people doesnt get hurt and without the proper PPE BAD things can happen .......

Bill Hickman does one on one Instruction as well

I figured that FoF was much more specialized. And much more intensive than I could handle or even need. I'm gonna look into some CCW and thanks for Mr. Hickman's info 'cause one on one is kinda what I'm thinking. Or maybe a friend will want to attend, too. Regardless, thanks for the info!

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    "SmartCarry" in Florida has a line of cordura holsters with thick adhesive backing; those things will work just about anywhere.

Try their website........................

leVieux

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    "SmartCarry" in Florida has a line of cordura holsters with thick adhesive backing; those things will work just about anywhere.

Try their website........................

leVieux

Thanks. Will search for "Smart Carry" in 1 ..... 2 ...... 3......

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Heard a while back there were people having trouble with misfires due to their firing pin becoming magnetized.

Where did you hear this or read this.I would like to read that as well.I believe that to be possible
    Especially if your gun was outside in car during a lightening storm.I have made many magnets that way...

As far as some one coming to the door.I have this
    and it is very light and concealable for such purposes.You can throw it around,it is a very durable and well made gun unlike
    kel tec 380 or 9...Now if they would just make the pinky grip mag for it.Id be even happier :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom