DoubleStar AR rifles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stateguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Any reviews of DoubleStar AR rifles (or parts)? Primary arms has a chrome lined upper for $200 without charging handle or bolt. Trying to find one on the cheaper side for my brother.

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    I'll try to be as helpful and truthful as possible. I ordered a rifle kit from JT distributing (sister company of doublestar) way back when I first assembled my first rifle. Everything went together fine and looked great. When I brought it to the range the 10-15 times before I sold it, it gave me no problems whatsoever.
    Now, here are some things I didn't like about it: the bolt carrier was semi, the front sight gas block pins were straight (not tapered), and it came with a commercial buffer tube.

Now, this was years ago, so they may have changed their product since. But in all honesty, if you need a cheap upper to get a rifle going, I would get the doublestar based on my experience with it. For that price, it is much much better quality than the ptac uppers from palmetto.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    with that being said, I can comment on the lowers..
    When there was a group buy a few years ago, I saw a sampling of 100. not one was coated well, the fit and finish was and still is the worst I have ever seen.. ever..
    the holes were out of square and some did not even align well enough to make them work.. I would steer clear of any of their work..

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I owned two Doublestar rifles purchased as complete guns from Tactical Innovations between 2005 and 2007. My first one was a little finicky, and I gave it to one of my family members as a graduation gift. Depending on the ammo used, it still has some cycling issues.

My second one was finicky too, but that turned out to be a burr in the gas port. I was given a replacement upper and it worked flawlessly. I ended up giving that rifle to another family member as a gift and he is still shooting it till this very day. He commented on how it was nice to be given a rifle that was sighted in perfectly versus trying to get it dialed in himself.

Both rifles were 20", heavy barrel, chrome moly variants.

WEL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Upper kit from J&T purchased during the first obama scare. Fit and finish is fine no issues. Shoots darn good. They make a lot of parts for govt,military and other companies to rebrand.

Top Bottom