Doublestar Group Buy Update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    My CC is pending a charge for this purchase. Below are links to keep up with what is going on with the buy.
    From the organizer
    To all,

I know that we are looking at around a 2-3 month wait as of last week when I talked to doublestar. The order will be placed on Friday and all cards should be charged by then.

Thanks again to everyone who particapated,
    Chris

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19928
    http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19578

Our purchase has not been posted yet on the forum as received he appears to be working on it.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    IF YOU PAYED BY CREDIT CARD PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As some of you may know, B & D Guns is a small mom and pop shop. They don't do alot of business outside of transfers. This is the largest buy that they and I have been involved in with several thousands of dollars in sales. Here is where the PROBLEM lies. B&D's credit card payments are processed through a company known as Payment Alliance International. Dianne received a call from them today saying that the abnormal usage and such large volume of transactions that have taken place this week red flagged their account as possible fraudelent CC transactions. The reason this was done is because Dianne usually only does around $2000 in CC sales in a year. Dianne spent nearly two hours on the phone in tears trying to resolve this problem. It was sent to RISK LOSS PREVENTION where she talked to a gentelman name Will Peters and his supervisor Keith. She explained to them that this is a one time only dealing and even offered to pay more (out of our pockets) then the 2.5% they charge her for CC usage. They did not seem to want to help in any way and offered no simple solution. They said that we could charge the CC and the funds will be held until we can prove that the item purchused was delivered (i.e. postal or UPS delivery confrimation) at that point we would then receive the money from the CC company for the item. As, you can figure we would be putting thousands and thousands of dollars on the line up front that we simply do not have. They also said that they would need to talk to everyone making a CC purchuse to verify that the charge was legit. I would ask that everyone call and ask to speak to Keith or Will Peters in the Risk Loss Prevention Dept. at 1-888-501-2273. Dianne is working with the sales lady that sold her on this company at the Las Vegas shot show to try and get it resolved tomorrow. Right now the company is saying that they are going to reverse all the charges that were processed. This puts me in a bad spot as not only did Dianne spend many hours and long nights manually typing in each and every CC # but we also hired a lady to help her which I am still obligated to pay for what appears to be nothing. I feel like there is going to be no luck with Payment Alliance Int. and that we will be back at square one. If anyone has any suggestions we are open to them. Dianne contacted the Flordia State Attorney General and they were of no help.

So at this point it appears I will have to get them a personal check so I can contest it through my bank if something was to happen. Anyone have any opinions on this? I purchased 5 so I am invested just as deep as anyone else and would like to know what you all think, I am ok with sending a check; but only if ya'll are.

He is saying that we can add to the order so if anyone wants in be on standby I guess.

Also if this is the case I would owe everyone 3% of what you gave me.

He is still going to place the order as it only requires a down payment and he has received enough MOs and cash, checks etc... to do this.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Hey all,

Just a quick update as I am limited on time this evening.

Dianne tryed contacting the CC company PAI today. She again got no-where, therefor everything still appears to be in limbo. Give us a day or 2 to get it worked out. I will update as information becomes available, I have been honest with everyone involved and feel I am doing the absolute best with the situation at hand.

I ORDERED 4000 RECEIVERS TODAY........Looking at 2-4 months for completed delivery. They may come in groups at a time.

I will update again tomorrow.....

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I still haven’t been reimbursed yet. I did go in and talk with my bank and they appeared not to know much. First of all the bank lady is from Komifornia so I could tell she wasn’t really interested in helping me purchase $3200+ worth of firearms.

Is it a policy of Visa not to allow the purchase of a product that is on backorder or hasn’t been manufactured yet? Yes, no, yes. That is the answers I was given by her and two people she called.

The reason for the yes, is because if we pay for the product today knowing it won’t be delivered for lets say 6 months and 9 months later still no product our right to dispute the purchase has elapsed, so they are looking out for our best interest, supposedly.

If we send a personal check, cashier check or money order there is no way to dispute it according to my banker at Chase.

So for all those involved please think if you want to proceed still. I am game if you are. I guess we have until I am credited back, which if it doesn’t happen by the 5th I will dispute it and Chase will credit me back within 24hrs, and then I will either refund money or proceed with the purchase via a Personal Check so I can get a copy of it when it is endorsed.

I am nothing more than a go between/facilitator etc… in the purchase.

I know it looks like everyone is still in according to the post here and the PMs I receive; but just want to make certain.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I was credited the money back into my account sometime during the night. As of now I will be mailing out a check on Monday unless someone doesn't want to proceed.

diat150

Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    Im thinking about backing out. this just seems kind of un-organized on the people above you's part. you've done a great job, but im not getting a good feel about it. Now we will lose our protection. for about 30 more bucks I can get a ea lower, and much faster at that. It was worth the wait with the protection, without... not so much.

swagge1

Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Give us the cliff notes. What does this mean for those of us who want to remain in the group buy who paid via money order and check?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    If you choose to remain in the group buy as I do and most others are doing I will mail out a personal check once I get confirmation from everyone involved to see if they are in out. At that point it becomes a waiting game. If this falls through and it appears we are getting ripped of there is no dispute resolution through my bank. I spoke with them yesterday and that is what Chase told me. I am using a personal check so that I can obtain a copy of it showing who and when it was endorsed, if we need to get the BBB or someone else involved. As of now the check will be for over $3000. He supposedly has placed a down payment on 4,000 receivers so they can start filling the order.

I have to run for now I will be back in a few to fill you in further or answer any questions that anyone may have.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom