DPMS AR10 Reviews

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    I have two a standard 20 inch rifle and a home built 16 inch that I built as close to A2 carbine standards as possible. I like my carbine much more because of the weight differences. Neither one has give me any trouble. Eat everything I feed them. I use ASC steel and P Mags in both.

Wolf

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I just got a dpms lr308 hunter lite, 20" light fluted with built in muzzle brake, changed the stock to a Magpul, and topped it with a 4-12x42 Nikon, I've only shot about 40-60 rounds through it, but shoots great!!!!, very smooth!!!!! And only weighs 8lbs empty....weighs less than 11 pounds with scope and 20round pmag. With only 60 rounds down the pipe and how it feels and shoots I would deff. Do it again, I say go for it

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      263.6 KB · Views: 77
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      227.1 KB · Views: 76

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I would be concerned about the g2 bolt and carrier holding up to .308, it's much smaller, and parts arnt available like lr308 parts, when I think about a smaller bolt and carrier in a big round like that i think of a ar-7.62x39 bolt breaking problems, they will have to prove them selves to me lol

wdtorque

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2015
    lafayette
    I got mine from Clark's Guns, up near Sheveport.
    Bull barrel .308,
    Shoots way better than me. Heavy, but I don't walk far any more and minimizes recoil. I like it.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

mxracer72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Addis, LA
    I had an 18" Oracle with fluted bull barrel and crowned muzzle. It shot well, but the weight was concerning. After carrying a rifle for months on end in Afghanistan I'm picky about weight. Anyway, I ended up selling mine and bought a 308 CMMG 16" with Maglul furnature, collapsible stock, match trigger, flash hider, etc. It shoots much better ergonomically and it is certainly easier to haul around in the woods. Just my .02.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom