Dreams of malfunction

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    About once a month I dream that I'm in a situation where I need to use my gun. Unfortunately I get clicks and no bangs.
    Most recently, I had to chamber a round, click, decock, cycle, click. And then bang.
    Anyone else have this dream problem?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    All of the time, for as long as I can remember having a firearm for personal protection. Inadequacy dreams, maybe? I dunno, I can't say I feel that way when I'm awake?

The malfunctions/problems range. For a long time, the trigger pull was too heavy for me to get off a shot, and that one reoccurs from time to time even now. Most recently (two nights ago), I had a trigger return spring go out on my M&P, and when my girlfriend fetched the 870, it had the standard mysterious dream malfunction where it just won't work and you can't figure out why...

Funniest part of my last dream-- when the threat was "gone" (for some reason, me and the assailants suddenly became friendly?), my 92FS was working perfectly, with recoil like a .22 or even pellet gun. Dreams are odd that way, and I end up with lots of lucid ones because I actually recognize that "this is BS, I must be dreaming". I get to fly around a lot as a result-- it's a good thing. And thanks to my weird sleeping (two sleep studies left two groups of experts scratching their heads), I drop into REM almost immediately after my initial snooze and remember the vast majority of my dreams as that "deep dream sleep" phase lasts for obscenely long periods of time. I can always tell when I've had stressful dreams and didn't remember them-- those are the only times I don't wake up refreshed.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    I wonder if it means I wouldn't shoot if I had to. I believe I would. I trust my gun. Maybe I just need to get in the range more often.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I keep dreaming that i get shot in the back of the head whilst i fetch a glass of water in the middle of the night..fkn sucks.

I been shot in the back sooooo many times...i always pull the trigger and nothing happens.

:/

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I've got them all the time. In my dreams, everything is re-arranged and I can't find a damn thing.

The other popular one is I'm pulling into the driveway and a big white van is backed up to the back door. As I reach in the glovebox, my gun is mysteriously gone. I look back up and the BG's start going apeshit.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    I guess these dreams help us prepare for the worst possibilities. Mental prep to prevent any panic or unreadiness. Of course training doesn't hurt.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    See, I never die. I can remember once where the BG got to me, and suddenly someone yelled, "Cut!" and it was like... Oh yeah, we were filming a movie! Then we broke for lunch and I was cracking jokes with the zombie that just took a bite out of my throat.

What does that mean??? Maybe I'm immortal? :mamoru:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I had a dream like that.

The round was pointing almost straight up into the chamber, I tap racked, didn't go anywhere, tap racked again, nothing, pulled the mag, took 3 racks to get it out.

Oh, wait, that wasn't a dream, that was a steel match. :squint:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I've had them for years. As someone else pointed out I worry it's a sign that I won't be able to shoot someone should the need ever arise in real life.
    My most commom malfunction dream is the trigger being too heavy to pull or I'm only able to pull it enough for one shot then the trigger sticks.
    I've seen this topic brought up before in other forums and it seems to be pretty common.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    About once a month I dream that I'm in a situation where I need to use my gun. Unfortunately I get clicks and no bangs.
    Most recently, I had to chamber a round, click, decock, cycle, click. And then bang.
    Anyone else have this dream problem?

Wow. That's just crazy weird.

All my dreams are about the oil-based paint peeling off the south side of my rental property and rot setting in followed by Formosan termites.

Dude, you're crazy.

:cool:

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I get them alot.

I get them alot less now that I have an HK. My taurus is a DAO, my HK a SA/DA with about 6-10 lbs less trigger pull.

with the T, I always had dreams that the trigger pull was so much that I could never get the trigger pulled with only one finger. Now I just have dreams 'nightmares?' that because I sleep so heavy, I will never notice the break-in until they are in my room, and it is too late.

Or, that the few times I do not have my firearm handy, is the time I need it.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    All of the time, for as long as I can remember having a firearm for personal protection. Inadequacy dreams, maybe? I dunno, I can't say I feel that way when I'm awake?

The malfunctions/problems range. For a long time, the trigger pull was too heavy for me to get off a shot, and that one reoccurs from time to time even now. Most recently (two nights ago), I had a trigger return spring go out on my M&P, and when my girlfriend fetched the 870, it had the standard mysterious dream malfunction where it just won't work and you can't figure out why...

Funniest part of my last dream-- when the threat was "gone" (for some reason, me and the assailants suddenly became friendly?), my 92FS was working perfectly, with recoil like a .22 or even pellet gun. Dreams are odd that way, and I end up with lots of lucid ones because I actually recognize that "this is BS, I must be dreaming". I get to fly around a lot as a result-- it's a good thing. And thanks to my weird sleeping (two sleep studies left two groups of experts scratching their heads), I drop into REM almost immediately after my initial snooze and remember the vast majority of my dreams as that "deep dream sleep" phase lasts for obscenely long periods of time. I can always tell when I've had stressful dreams and didn't remember them-- those are the only times I don't wake up refreshed.
    ive had the mysterious heavy trigger dream also. its frustrating

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom