Drunk Drivers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Got that same call in high school - a friend was killed by a drunk between Marksville & Alexandria. My sympathy to the family.

Shikkapow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Welcome to Louisiana. this place is by far the worst I have ever had to deal with when it comes to drunks on the road. it seems like a badge of honor to drive around with a beer in your hand

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    I'll admit, when I was young, I drove around drunk without a care in the world, thought I was tougher than nails. But then I woke up to the real world. I grew up. The guy that caused this wreck had 3 previous DWI's. This time he killed a veteran, a husband, and father to five kids. How many strikes does someone get before the law decides hes too stupid and selfish to be allowed in public, much less expected to follow the law? By 30, he should have a clear understanding of right and wrong and be able to comprehend the repercussions of his actions.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I'll admit, when I was young, I drove around drunk without a care in the world, thought I was tougher than nails. But then I woke up to the real world. I grew up. The guy that caused this wreck had 3 previous DWI's. This time he killed a veteran, a husband, and father to five kids. How many strikes does someone get before the law decides hes too stupid and selfish to be allowed in public, much less expected to follow the law? By 30, he should have a clear understanding of right and wrong and be able to comprehend the repercussions of his actions.

If it takes you anywhere near 30 to figure out that drunk driving is for idiots, then something is wrong with you.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I think when a drunk driver is involved in an accident and the other driver is killed,then the drunkdriver should get the death penalty.........if the other driver is permanently maimed then the drunk driver should get life,hard labor,without possibility of parole......!!!!!

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    How the hell did that guy still have a license after his third DWI?

THIS!!!!!

pile-of-cash.jpg
    [/IMG]

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    How the hell did that guy still have a license after his third DWI?

It starts with getting the first DWI put aside and later expunged via use of a plea under Article 894, just pay some fines, maybe go to a few substance abuse classes, and move on. If their license is suspended as a result, it doesn't keep them off the road unless they choose to obey the suspension. After this process, assuming they don't screw up during the term of the probation and suspension, the next DWI they get is charged as a first offense despite really being their second. I've seen raps come back on NCIC showing charges listed as "Third First Offense" and similar such wording, indicating that the courts just keep letting them plead down multiple offenses rather than go through the process of a trial. Third offense, by current law, should be a felony, but if it's never charged that way, it just stays in local courts where LOTS of wheeling/dealing goes on to trim the docket. Also, some officers won't charge a multiple offense if a disposition of previous offenses is not clearly listed as "guilty" in NCIC rap, and that information is rarely properly submitted/updated.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Welcome to Louisiana. this place is by far the worst I have ever had to deal with when it comes to drunks on the road. it seems like a badge of honor to drive around with a beer in your hand

I am trying to be positive. My insurance agent told me that Louisiana was the #1 state for growing businesses. Again, trying to be positive here.

Top Bottom