DS Group Buy list

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    6 Cajuntim
    10 CajunTim's Co-workers
    2 Splash
    2 swagge1
    4 wb5qbk
    3 edman87k5
    2 TheWho
    4 Skywlkr
    2 Quas
    2 Nick
    1 CalvaryJim
    1 GeauxBubba
    2 Leo1109
    1 McMedic
    4 PearlsLSU
    3 Rahllin
    3 Bullet
    2 VM2
    2 TSO
    1 lost
    1 nonmember

58 Total

If you feel something is wrong with the above please let me know via PM.

Sorry for the drama guys, if you only knew the behind the scenes just from 1 or 2 on this site alone:curse:

Anyways we are in a holding pattern now and we may have to pony up another $6-8 per but hopefully not. The decision is supposedly going to me made Sunday as to whether or not the price is increased. I say go for the price increase it will put me out at least another $80. I dont even know what I have invested into them at this point as I have been refunding peoples PayPal fees, overnight postage fees for those who opted out, so that no one is upset.

Here is a response from J&T/DSC on AR15.com as they are an Industry Partner over there.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=40&t=168824I will approach this on a couple of different fronts.

I'll post essentially the same thing that I told Chris last night.

Things have been ridiculously crazy since the week before the election, and they are crazier since SHOT.

General:

First off, there are a couple of vendors that make my lowers. The prices are based on the primary supplier. My primary supplier has not been able to increase production to meet our increased demand to date, however my secondary vendor continues to do as promised and ups his production capacity to accommodate our increased sales, and had became our primary supplier for lowers. This vendor has been shipping more lowers per week that my other vendor is supplying me in a month. The lowers are made to the same specs, have the same quality as my other vendor, and we have been using this company since the beginning. The downside to this vendor is that they are more expensive by $8. Economics dictate that there has to be a price increase by the amount of the cost increase.

Our Business Practices:

I love how someone always knows "someone in the industry" and they know exactly what goes on in my shop and all of my business practices from both ends and that I'm always out to screw everyone. If there is a decent sized shop out there that can make the correct product for a fair price, I have probably already talked to them. No one has extra capacity that I have found that supplies lower receivers of equal quality or better than my two suppliers. If I had found them I would have them under contract already. If I had 100k lowers on the shop floor right now, I doubt that I would have to make more than 5 phone calls to sell them, the same thing goes with guns.

At this point in time I have orders for everything that I could possibly build for the rest of the year. I had several big distributors offer to write me ridiculous P.O.'s and prepay to get them bumped up to the front of the line. I did not accept anything, and we are still conducting business in the same fashion that we always have. I do have several good P.O.'s from several distributors, but everyone is in line based on order date.

Legal:

In our catalogs and on our websites they all state that prices are subject to change. That doesn’t mean that if an order is in that price is set in stone. We typically absorb price increases when possible, but when they exceed that threshold, we have to pass it on.

Lower Supply:

When lowers come in a percentage of them go for stripped lower orders, and the balance go for rifle builds. We have orders for a few thousand lowers on order in front of this group buy that will be filled prior to shipment. There are many thousand after it as well. Based on the current supply schedule if your group wants to wait on the first supplier at the original price, you will have to wait in line for those lowers to show up. I have others waiting in line for those lowers as well. As I told Chris, at the current rate of lowers arriving from that shop I am guessing around 6 months to be caught up to be able to start shipping from that vendor. It may be sooner, but in today’s climate I offer the most realistic guestimate that I can.

If the current lowers are OK’ed to ship, we should start sending a partial roughly within the next 4-6 weeks. This is not a guarantee, this is my current guestimation based on production schedules that were given to me at SHOT.

Money:

Both of our company policy for payments for orders is that we do not charge until the day it is ready to be packaged, unless we are doing something special that would be a hard sell (such as company specific logo's, odd barrel configuration, etc.). I just went back and talked to Lisa and we did not request a prepayment for this order, $100,000.00 was offered and sent since this was such a large order, the cashier's check arrived last week while I was at SHOT. I do not like having anyone's money for products that we do not have ready to ship. This causes hard feelings, as obviously many feel I'm holding your money and lowers ransom while I get rich off of the interest prior to shipment. This is not the case.

I am more than willing to cut a check for the $100k to send back to Chris once the cashier’s check clears my bank and those funds are available to refund. This is the reason why I don’t like for payment to come before product is ready to ship. I have offered a refund, and I have offered to get the original priced lowers to you when they become available. I will not give you the more expensive lowers for the old price. There is nothing further that I can offer. You can talk amongst yourselves and make your decision and let Chris know and he can deal with me, as that is who has the order in for me. As for anyone else that wants to call in and inquire, we will not be answering any further questions on this.

Closing:

When we started this conversation with Chris in August (I believe), we were originally looking at a few hundred lowers. November 1, we had the original 3% price increase go into effect that covered the additional operating expenses, which was prior to the order being placed. This whole deal was originally done kind of as a favor to Chris, Brian, and Dianne, as I have known Chris’s parents for many years. I had several industry friends that advised against doing the group buy, as they never go smoothly and usually cause bad feelings. At the time of discussion, supply was not a problem, and I had 6k+ lowers on the shelf and more arriving on a regular basis, and we were not looking at any large numbers. After the election, things went nuts and all that had been surplus supply turned into tremendous backlog. We have been trying to accommodate everyone in a timely fashion (not compared to August, but compared to current industry standards) in the order that their order was placed. I know that I am not going to make everyone happy, and if I gave the lowers to everyone for free, someone would be upset that I didn’t include a $100 bill for their time and trouble, and if I did that, it should have been $1000

I have laid the facts out on the table and hopefully everyone can see where we are at. We will not be commenting any further on this matter. All communication should go through Chris.

Thanks,

Jesse

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    We owe an additional $6 per for the most part. Some owe $5 but for simplicity and since it is only a few it is $6 per.

Since I am going to have to mail him another check#3 I might as well accept more orders for receivers.

They are going to be $100 per that should cover $90 price tag the $6 markup shipping and insurance.

If you could please get me the monies in ASAP it would be appreciated so that I can send him off a check when I get back in town on Friday.

Unfortunately I dont have the extra $300 to spot everyone on this.

Everyone who is in as of now know how to get me payment. New buyers please PM for payment options.

No need to send PP fees on $6 if you go that route.

We should know more tomorrow on an estimated date of delivery, hopefully.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Tim, pm me your paypal. So $100 includes paypal fees?

103.30 is needed for me to receieve 100. Discreet paypal.

Everyone make sure you have read all the threads concerning this buy and that this purchase is legal for you. You must be 21 to purchase a receiver.

I will update the list next weekend as I am out of town this week and wont access my PP account from an unsecured connection.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Ok guys the above list has been updated to reflect all monies received. If you feel it is not correct PM me, if money is on its way PM me. Cutoff for extras is before the Superbowl on Sunday so I can update the list then enjoy the game. I will mail out the final check on Monday.

I also still need the $6 per receiver from a few people please PM so we can arrange payment.

Thanks

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Ok guys
    I also still need the $6 per receiver from a few people please PM so we can arrange payment.

Thanks

I am still missing the extra $6 on 21 receivers please contact me so that I can receive the payment on these hopefully prior to Monday so I dont have to come out pocket to front the money.

Thanks

The list has been updated to this point if something isnt right please let me know.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I sent out the check for the $6 per increase. I had to spot a few of you a total of $126, the timely reimbursement would be much appreciated.

Thanks

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Im still out the $126 guys please get me the money for the extra $6 per asap. I do have a list and was hoping not to have to PM those that owe me, so please get me the money.

Thanks

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Just filed my taxes, hoping these come in before I use the extra funds on something else. I'd really like to have some complete rifles soon!!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom