Duck Commander's Duck Dynasty on A&E

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Had a former coach at La. Tech tell me about going out to Phil Robertsons' house to recruit him for football. Phil had a #3 washtub on the floor of his living room with a deer hanging over it, gutting and skinning it. Phil said that he wasn't interested in playing football, just wanted to spend his free time hunting. Phil was an All American quarterback, said to be much better than Terry Bradshaw. Since Phil declined the offer, Bradshaw became Tech's quarterback.. Sidenote, Phil Robertson got his MBA from La. Tech.

It's posted all over the place that he did play at Tech and was first string QB.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    The show is presented in a way that doesn't give Phil his due for starting the company and carrying it for 30 years. If most of the people watching the show know nothing of the back story they are just shown Willie CEO and Phil just happens to be Willies dad.

BTW I did not know Willie and his wife bought half the company 10 years back.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I enjoy the show...........BUT.......yesterday? maybe the day before I was watching tv and some kind of dinner with obumer came on. And he was there... Conan(another show I USE to watch) was giving his speech and pointed Willy out in the crowd.... I was pretty disappointed.
    Grinning ear to ear. IDK if I want to watch the show anymore

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I enjoy the show...........BUT.......yesterday? maybe the day before I was watching tv and some kind of dinner with obumer came on. And he was there... Conan(another show I USE to watch) was giving his speech and pointed Willy out in the crowd.... I was pretty disappointed.

For what it's worth, Watters from the OReilly Factor was at that event. He was interviewing all the "elites", asking if they watched The Factor. Talked to Willie and the wife, she said he watches it every night, and he confirmed. (said that's where he learned his debating skills.. ha)
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/30/watters-world-asks-celebs-and-politicians-press-bias

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

they were there b/c the Christian Broadcasting Network asked them to go...not sure if that changes things for you though.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Their love for God is what makes them who they are. I'm not a church goer either, but I believe in God and it's one of the reasons the show is so popular.

+1. I'm not a religious person, don't believe in the Bible, but do believe there is a God and Devil/Satan of sorts. But I have no problem at all with them having that in the show. My opinion is everyone is allowed to believe in what they want, and honestly, I'd much rather see them showing a family with great morals than any of the other trash that's shown nowadays.
    Also, kudos to Phil for sticking to his guns and making sure that the show wasn't censored of their beliefs.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    t was the Press Correspondent dinner and most of Fox News was there. Newt Gingretch too.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Si is the best part of this show BUT I have to ask: I have watched almost every episode and to me it seems in almost every episode the dad (Phil) makes some comment about getting it on with his wife, now while thats cool and props for being married for so long, the more I watch it, seems the old man is a horn dog, but like I say I love the show. Si can make me bust out laugh which is hard to do, I really wonder if their stuff is not written...? Some of his stuff is just too funny, he could do stand up. And who would have thought he could drive a segway so good, crazy.
    Also, A friend went to West Monroe to their Duck Commander store, wanted to get some shirts and stuff but she was surprised to see only stuff labeled with "Duck Commander" in their store, NO Duck Dynasty stuff (related to the show) figured it was due to some deal with AE on rights or what not? Anyone else go there?

Attachments

• 1217001354.jpg
      1217001354.jpg
      138.9 KB · Views: 60

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Farmerville
    I went there before Christmas last year and several times since. The first time I went there were maybe 3 other people in the parking lot and little store. Then, I took my in-laws when they were in town a few months ago from Hattiesburg. The parking lot was jammed packed and we had to wait in line to get in the store and to buy items. There were a few DD related things in there versus only DC/BC stuff. All the time I have went by the shop none of the stars of the show were present but I've seen friends and family on Facebook post pictures of them dropping by there and catching some of them. The stars don't actually make the duck calls any more as you see on the show. They stay busy with speaking engagements nationwide. As far as Phil being a horndog - that may be true, and it may just be how the producers want you to see him. I do believe a lot of the show IS scripted but I have heard and personally believe that SI's stuff is NOT scripted. It is my understanding he makes up his own material. He is just that funny. You see, back in the days of Duckmen videos the original Duckmen made movies and series for The Outdoor Channel of hunting trips. Willie admitted in the book that Si was so goofy that he had the cameramen to kind of film around him since he was kind of embarrassing to them. So, when DD started, he was sort of the same way until his popularity exploded after the first season. I truly believe that Si makes the show.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Farmerville
    Here's my daughter at the DC/BC store beside their 40th anniversary duck call, also the world's largest duck call...

318592_10151615325969848_1794336382_n.jpg

Top Bottom