Duck Hunters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Duck huntin' is easy. A canoe or pirogue is very helpful. Buy about a dozen commercial mallard dekes, a couple pairs of duckbutts, and make some 16oz Coke bottle poul do dekes. You don't need a mega dollar shootgun. A 12 ga. 2 3/4" gun is fine. I shoot a #4 shot in the timber/swamp and #2's in the marsh. Hook a few dekes up to a pull string for those still days, get Haydels duck callin' learinin' CD and a double reed call and PRACTICE. A wood duck whistle and a mallard drake call are good additions. DON'T call when the ducks are coming to you. Stay still, use natutral cover as much as possible, buy some rubber waders, neoprene tears.
    Have fun.

whttnbrg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    East of Funroe, early in the morning. Large flock..... Having hunted up there quite a bit..... I am going with WATER TURKEYS!!!:D

Aint no Ducks around Monroe.... Just Water Turkeys and Poule Dou!:rofl:

Having been a duck hunter for over 15 years, we can all speculate what you saw, but without seing them fly and flock patterns, it would be hard to say for sure. Pics could help in the future if you have a chance.

You can come hunt with me any time Tim..... but I will warn you, I work for my ducks. You can ask McMedic, he hunts with me most of the time. The guy that took me the first time told me Duck hunting was like crack. The first time you do it, you will either love it or hate it. I am now a confirmed "Quack" Addict.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    Some would say, all you need is a really fast boat with a good front seat for shooter. And, if the boat is really fast just a paddle to hit them in the head as you past by. :exnbp:

Like this one 94 Mph
    P1280005.JPG

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Some would say, all you need is a really fast boat with a good front seat for shooter. And, if the boat is really fast just a paddle to hit them in the head as you past by. :exnbp:

Like this one 94 Mph
    P1280005.JPG

Thats just not gonna make it where I duck hunt with that thing. Your boat would either not have a floor left or you'd just be stuck on a mud flat.:mamoru:

Top Bottom