Duck Hunting SELA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone been duck hunting in Manchac lately or anywhere close or around PAC? My lil brother and I went this am and they had a few birds out there and even saw 13 geese but they were super high (surprised no one tried to shoot at them). It was my first duck hunt of the year since I been working so much lately I finally had a chance to go and I was all pumped up just with being able to go and maybe shoot on some ducks but I was very disappointed with the hunters and lack of respect they had. Pretty much you name it and I saw it this morning. People running their boats all over with about 10 miuntes to LST, now I work shift work and I get out to the holes late sometimes but these people were already set up and just running back and forth just to ride. Then 1 blind was hail calling at every single duck they saw they didn't even attempt to blow another call but a hail call. Shooting haha that was another joke sky blasting and also had 1 blind shoot on a flock of white birds, which thankfully they didn't hit, but man it was a mess. Hope to go back and try again soon but I will try and find me a lil pot hole and hunt it just to try and get away from some of the madness. How about ya'll been killing any ducks around Manchac or seeing some of the same stuff that I withnessed today with all the "duck slayers".

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Public land is getting ridiculous. Best to find some private land or join a club with a lease somewhere. It doesn't appear its gonna get any better any time soon…..good luck

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    :rofl:

I see nothing has changed in public duck hunting.

My suggestion; move further South like Biloxi WMA or even Venice. Manchac is too close to too many retards! :mamoru:

BTW: I can tell you where you can shoot some big greenheads and crap loads of woodies if you are willing to work for them a tad.

Last edited:

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    Emperor I'm all for working for my birds cause to me it's not about the killing of limits but I like the hunt. Sitting out there trying to figure out the birds and coming in with a good bag not trash birds. Big French and squealers? I hope this ain't a golf course or the zoo! Haha

Top Bottom