Duck season

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No. Not many teal at Toledo Bend. A friend went Saturday morning and didn't fire a shot. He said he's heard more shots at a MLK parade.
    I heard 3 shots from my porch and 2 more from my deer lease while retrieving camera memory cards. With a recent rain I saw the tracks of a lone feral hog. I did see plenty of cat squirrels in the pine and hickory trees. I jumped one wood duck out of the creek where I will be stationed when big duck season opens.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Boy that works for me said no birds in the wax (wacks, whacks, waks, whatever the hell that is).

Just passing info for yall so don't shoot (or criticize) the messenger.

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    We went to Port Barre Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday we saw plenty of teal high above the tree line, all heading south, from daybreak till 7:30 then they shut off. Got a shot on 5 birds all morning took 2 of them. Sunday didn't see as many birds, but got to shoot on 12 birds and took 6. Not a bad start, we'll see what this weekend brings.

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    While fishing last Sunday/Monday at Little Lakes Hunting Club, south of Jean Lafitte, the club members and guides reported very few teal taken over the weekend. I saw only 3 while fishing.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Went back to Big Branch Wednesday and Thursday; we shot our limit in 20min wed morning over decoys, thurs we shot 5 more without setting any decoys!

From what fellow hunters were saying we are doing VERY well, most of the guys I've spoke to are only getting 2-3 each hunt in the area we're going.

dad-e-o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ponchatoula
    Went to the hospital and had incisional hernia repaired. Normally would be at Big Branch but teal season was pre-empted this year. No teal at hospital.

Top Bottom