DWI tests refusal not allowed in JP, St. Tammany this weekend (POLL)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is forcing blood tests going too far?

• Yes

Votes: 112 74.2%
    • No

Votes: 28 18.5%
    • I don't care, give me my pie!

Votes: 11 7.3%

• Total voters

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Not trying to go off topic but here is something related to dwi.
    http://www.bastropenterprise.com/news/x1070021493/School-bus-driver-charged-with-DWI?popular=true

A Morehouse Parish school bus driver was charged with driving while intoxicated Thursday after she ran the bus into a ditch with students on board.

If this type of person has this much neglect for the safety of people and our children, do they really even deserve to be allowed to drive at all?:mad:

Her blood alcohol level at 0.183

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not trying to go off topic but here is something related to dwi.
    http://www.bastropenterprise.com/news/x1070021493/School-bus-driver-charged-with-DWI?popular=true

A Morehouse Parish school bus driver was charged with driving while intoxicated Thursday after she ran the bus into a ditch with students on board.

If this type of person has this much neglect for the safety of people and our children, do they really even deserve to be allowed to drive at all?:mad:

Her blood alcohol level at 0.183

She shouldn't be in civilized society at all.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    What about the Fifth Mother F*cking Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America?

As long as PC can be articulated properly in a SW, and a Judge signs it... game over.. This is exactly what the DWI Task Force has been doing in Alexandria.

First hand knowledge, that it only takes about 10 mins for a SW to be drafted, and signed, via fax, or authorized via phone... District Judges all take turns in for after hour duty anyways, it is always good to utilize all assets.

Looks like Glen Delatte will have many new customers after this holiday weekend.

reelkaos

Rookie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Springfield
    Once the blood test is done, the sample should be destroyed. I hope this is written into the law.

A person can't help that they are clumsy or ADD, and shouldn't receive prison time for it. Driving drunk or high is intentional and should land you in jail.

Sleeping while driving can get you in trouble too. Should we outlaw sleeping?

Not at this time anyway. But I bet they never thought this would happen 30 yrs ago either.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I disagree. All that is happening is that a cop suspects somone is breaking the law and they are set up to investigate and collect evidence. As long as the blood is not used for anything else, I don't see the problem.

If the cops have probable cause and they collect evidence to prove it, I'm not upset.

Maybe you can make a better argument to change my mind.

If you don't get it, I can't explain it to you.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    That's a personal attack on someone who was making a coherent contribution to the thread. I'm reporting you to the moderator...oh wait, you are the moderator. tsk, tsk, tsk.

You have to cut him a little slack.

Some days he has that Katana so far up his keister that it affects his cognitive functions!

:mamoru:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, it is kinda crazy. But then again, it's crazy that so many innocent people die because some moron can't put the drink down.

I vote no. They want to drink and drive, let em get pricked. Simple solution: don't drink. Or...

Drink Barq's...It's Good!

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Yeah, it is kinda crazy. But then again, it's crazy that so many innocent people die because some moron can't put the drink down.

I vote no. They want to drink and drive, let em get pricked. Simple solution: don't drink. Or...

Drink Barq's...It's Good!

What if they haven't had anything to drink at all?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I hope I am not the only one that can see that forcing someone assumed innocent to prove that they are innocent is loss of liberty.

If you were you ain't now......

Thats ********, blow is one thing, I prolly wouldn't argue, but invade my body with a needle from who knows where with out PC ??

We'll see who loses a job or two over that one,

Note to triggerhappy.........b cool fool

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't think the cop is going to pull a random needle out of his unit and stick you. I hope they'll have enough sense to have trained personnel with sterile equipment doing the sticking.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't think the cop is going to pull a random needle out of his unit and stick you. I hope they'll have enough sense to have trained personnel with sterile equipment doing the sticking.

No, actually we all get issued two needles, one for men and one for women. We go through a one hour class on how to draw blood and to properly clean the needles for re-use.We only use them five times and then we turn them in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom