E Forms, gone for good?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    NNNNOOOOOOOOO! I was hoping to get another suppressor in the next few weeks. Another years wait instead of 4 months!!!! Wasn't it working better than the obama care web sight; and that's still up and running isn't it???

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, that's an interesting turn of events. For those that can't see the message (I could see it on my phone, but not in Firefox)...

The*eForms*software is not performing to our expectations.* As a result, we are taking the eForms*system down until further notice.* We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product.* Any*eForm*submitted will continue to be processed.**The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Until the*eForms*system is returned to service for the industry, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any*eForms*in draft status.

·********Tax refund for draft*eForms

o***Direct a request for refund toeForms.Refunds@atf.gov

o***Include the email that was generated for the payment

·********Copy of submitted or finalized*eForm

o***Direct a request toeForms.Request@atf.gov

o***Provide specific information regarding what is being requested

·********Status queries

o***Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550

o***Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550

·********Other*eForms*questions

o***Direct the question to eForms.admin@atf.gov

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    More likely, it was working better than their expectations...

Doubtful. Believe it or not, I'd bet they actually liked having 1/2 their job done for them and collecting tax money twice as fast. Unfortunately they ARE the government so their system sucked and all it took was one shop with a batch uploading script to crash their software.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Doubtful. Believe it or not, I'd bet they actually liked having 1/2 their job done for them and collecting tax money twice as fast. Unfortunately they ARE the government so their system sucked and all it took was one shop with a batch uploading script to crash their software.

Damn Silencer Shop!

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

I have absolutely no idea what the real reason was, but...

1. Every frikin problem, bar none, about healthcare.gov that ever existed has been announced somewhere, somehow. Mainstream press, Fox News, Drudge, Zerohedge, somewhere.
    2. I have yet to see a single person on a gun related board (never mind the general press) complain about the eForms system. All I have heard is praise.

Thus, I made an educated guess.

If they had some minor problem, yet the overwhelming majoring of the feedback was still positive; well, Kathleen needs to get that IT group over to her area.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have absolutely no idea what the real reason was, but...

1. Every frikin problem, bar none, about healthcare.gov that ever existed has been announced somewhere, somehow. Mainstream press, Fox News, Drudge, Zerohedge, somewhere.
    2. I have yet to see a single person on a gun related board (never mind the general press) complain about the eForms system. All I have heard is praise.

Thus, I made an educated guess.

If they had some minor problem, yet the overwhelming majoring of the feedback was still positive; well, Kathleen needs to get that IT group over to her area.

Seriously? The whole system has been horrible and virtually unusable for the last month or two. There are threads on almost every forum about how it crashed repeatedly and took hours and hundreds of tries to get a form submitted.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

And selling their stock for next to nothing as well

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    eForms Outage

Due to maintenance, the eForms system is unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

In the interim, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any eForms in draft status.

· Tax refund for draft eForms
    o Direct a request for refund to eForms.Refunds@atf.gov
    o Include the email that was generated for the payment
    · Copy of submitted or finalized eForm
    o Direct a request to eForms.Request@atf.gov
    o Provide specific information regarding what is being requested
    · Status queries
    o Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550
    o Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550
    · Other eForms questions
    o Direct the question to eForms.admin@atf.gov

Seems they have changed the system message again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom