E-mail Walmart now!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Emails to Walmart on this are going to be ineffective, but as long as you guys are emailing/calling your reps at least once a week, then I'm not going to hate on anyone that sends one to wallywurld too.

This is the real kicker:

One key proposal Biden is expected to put forth would force independent gun sellers to go to certified dealers like Walmart to conduct background checks on customers and process their transactions. If passed, such a law could send people who previously traded guns at shows and in their homes to Walmart stores, propelling the company's already skyrocketing gun sales even higher, experts say.

We could easily lose the ability to perform private sales. Better let your congress critters know how you feel..............

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    Emails sent to Walmart and to my congresswhatevers. Don't know what it'll do but at least I tried. Biden is talking about some type off immediate action, even if it's an unconstitutional executive order. What a joke!!! I hope the second amendment lives past 2013....

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Lets see, the Wal Mart in New Orleans off of Jackson does not even have a gun department and the one in Harahan never has anybody to even open the ammo case. No offense to anyone but the people working at both places can barely tell me where the Pop Tarts are and they expect them to fill out paperwork properly. Lets come up with more stupid ideas.

josh62685

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    houma, la
    Since the gun craze, Walmart in Mathews has no guns on the shelf. They say the case is broken but you think they would have fixed it by now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Lets see, the Wal Mart in New Orleans off of Jackson does not even have a gun department and the one in Harahan never has anybody to even open the ammo case. No offense to anyone but the people working at both places can barely tell me where the Pop Tarts are and they expect them to fill out paperwork properly. Lets come up with more stupid ideas.

True. Everytime I've been to the Harahan store I've had to go to the tire/lube desk and have them page someone to open the ammo cabinet.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette

I think the excuse of "I'm sorry, but this normally isn't my department" is something engrained in Wal-Mart's training manual.

I could go into the one where they told me how I couldn't buy ammunition after 9 PM due to a "store policy!" That was all fine and dandy, but it was 8:45PM when I was trying to buy the ammunition. Yes, the person working the gun counter was so stupid that they couldn't even tell time on the analog clock that was behind them.

Going further, a Wally world manager once told me that for every 100 applicants that they send in for the pre-employment drug screen, roughly 75 of them can't even pass the drug test. I don't know if that statistic was exaggerated or not, but that just goes to show you that you are getting the "best" of that particular demographic group who wants a job at Wal-Mart.

Top Bottom