EA ar's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    The last time I purchased a round of EA lowers, the color was slightly off because I didn't go with the Tuff Coat and he was having problems with his Anodizer. I didn't really care about the color much because I purchased 3 lowers and got them at $77 each!

JustinR

Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lafayette
    Has anyone seen their O.D. lowers? I'm wondering if his version of 'O.D.' matches up to Magpul's....

I'm trying to build a green rifle....since the term BUSHmaster is already taken, I'm calling it the SWAMPmaster...

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    buying the parts isnt a problem at all, I havent done one yet but the bulding doesnt seem bad either. what I've found in my research is that if your building a standard base gun there isnt much savings, but if your going for a high end setup your saving alot by not buying twice.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I've started getting my uppers from here:
    http://model1sales.com/index.cfm

have never had a problem. and they ship fast.

get a built lower, then an upper with bolt and charging handle, snap the two together. it's that easy.

I spent over a $1000 on my first AR b/c it was a complete bushmaster gun. never again. save a couple hundred buying upper and lower seperately.

Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    $77 is that the going rate on these?

Yes.

And I have sat down with a set of calipers and measured these lowers. I compared them to two or three Major brand lowers and there was NO difference.
    A lower is a lower and these are a great buy. It just depends how much you want to pay for a fancy engraving. IMHOP
    You can get a LPK for another 35-60 bux if you shop around I don't see any difference in these either. A RRA trigger can be had for 75 bux if you need to step up.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    How do you get em for 77?

The site list's $89 and says no pick ups... dod you have to pay tax?

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    if you're worried about a $12 difference, I might suggest you look into another gun. once you get it, you'll prob spend just as much on accessories.,

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    EA prices have gone up, but they still are a bargain at $89. They're cheaper if you buy three or more, and they have kit packages that give you everything you need except the barrel. Functionally, they have always been excellent lowers, but they have historically had some finishing issues (tool marks, rough edges, etc.). They must have gotten some new mills in recently, however, because the last batch of lowers I got from them look a lot better than they used to look.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom