EAPS June 19 USPSA Match, Gonzales, LA - Stages posted

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I had a great time at the match yesterday as well. It was hot out there though, that's for sure. I brought my brother along with me to shoot a match for his first time and he too had a blast.
    The good part, it was fun....the bad part is I shot like poop today! Oh, and what evil entity designed that Polish Plate rack?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I absolutely and thoroghly enjoyed that for my first time out. I'm all in! I am going to post a new thread encouraging persons that may be on the fence of competetion shooting to get involved.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I got some much needed sleep and saw the scores. eeewwwwww. I sucked.
    I'm waiting to see any Youtube uploads from the match posted here. That's always fun for me to watch the day after. So if you have video posted please link it so we can enjoy.
    Until the videos show up I have a few photos of me doing my suckie best out there. At least I didn't pass out from heat exhaustion.
    eaps6192011a.jpg

eaps6192011b.jpg

eaps6192011d.jpg

eaps6192011e.jpg

eaps6192011h.jpg

eaps6192011i.jpg

Thanks to Lloyd and all the others on my squad for making it so fun as it always is.

John58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I had nothing but malfs yesterday. The only stage I didn't have any problems with was the classifier. Ammo related problems, I think. I'm going to Precision tonight and see if it's worked out.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I had a great time at the match yesterday as well. It was hot out there though, that's for sure. I brought my brother along with me to shoot a match for his first time and he too had a blast.
    The good part, it was fun....the bad part is I shot like poop today! Oh, and what evil entity designed that Polish Plate rack?

Enjoyed shooting with some hometown guys :thumbsup:

I ran into a bunch of guys from our squad later at Cabelas...easy to spot 'em 'cause we were all sportin' fresh sunburns. :rofl:

Last edited:

TCKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Houma On The Bayou
    In ordered to be classified you have to belong to the USPSA and have shot at least 4 classifiers on file before you know what class your in. If your gonna do this just for fun you can just shoot as an unclassified shooter. But sooner or later the competitive juices are gonna kick in and you'll want to be classified and see if you can move up the ranks.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    In ordered to be classified you have to belong to the USPSA and have shot at least 4 classifiers on file before you know what class your in. If your gonna do this just for fun you can just shoot as an unclassified shooter. But sooner or later the competitive juices are gonna kick in and you'll want to be classified and see if you can move up the ranks.

Thanks I understand now. I just wanna see if I stick with it before I worry about being classified.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Is there any reason to be classified A-B-C-etc if just shooting for fun?

No reason not too. If you end up joining USPSA and shooting a sufficient number of matches you will automatically be classified.

Winning your class, or coming in 2nd or 3rd, is a more realistic goal for most of us than winning HOA in a Division.

Ultimately you're (mostly) competing with shooters at approximately your own skill level within the Class system...in U you can get lumped in with a few of those bionic newcomers whose next step is directly to B or above. ;)

Top Bottom