EAPS Multi-Gun Match this Sundy 6-12-16

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    EAPS is pleased to announce we will hold our first Multigun match on Sunday, June 12. We will have 4 stages, round count will be 52 pistol rounds, 61 rifle rounds, 16 rounds of birdshot and 4 slugs. Stages will be posted on the EAPS website. We will follow USPSA Multigun rules. Match fee will be $20 for members, $30 for non-members. Setup will be on Saturday June 11. Members who assist with setup may shoot the match for $10. Please email to preregister with the following info:
    Name, USPSA #, Division (Open, Limited, or Tactical--Heavy Metal divisions are allowed at EAPS)

Folks, bring some extra ammo as the stages will probably change before this Sunday. You will also need chamber flags for your long guns & before you ask, no a shotgun hull is not a chamber flag.
    Let us know if you have any questions.

Beauxdog

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    Please visit the EAPS web site at www,eapsclub.org for all information. Our you can give me a call at 225-936-5338. If you want to shoot the match, please go to the web site and send your information to pre register.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Stages are up and done. Bring rubber boots or plan on getting your feet wet. The rains we have been having are keeping the ground wet and there are plenty of puddles out there.

Beauxdog

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Had a great time today, thanks Keith for making this happen, and to the set up crew! I think we had 40 shooters today, not bad for the first match

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Many thanks to Keith for setting this up. I was pleasantly surprised to see nearly 40 people show up and shoot. Had fun.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey we want them to shoot. If you bring them we will let them. We have more shooting the regular USPSA Matches. Handling a shotgun is kinda stuff for a small person. Maybe that's the reason they don't shoot it as much. I ask a lot younger folks to shoot with us. The parents don't want to spend the money to get them going and are scared of kids shooting. So, it's usually only ones that the parents shoot come shoot with us.

Beauxdog

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hey we want them to shoot. If you bring them we will let them. We have more shooting the regular USPSA Matches. Handling a shotgun is kinda stuff for a small person. Maybe that's the reason they don't shoot it as much. I ask a lot younger folks to shoot with us. The parents don't want to spend the money to get them going and are scared of kids shooting. So, it's usually only ones that the parents shoot come shoot with us.

Beauxdog

I hear ya! We have record numbers of people getting guns for some perceived need (legitimate or not), to protect themselves and/or their loved ones, and the fun part of gun ownership (competitive shooting, hunting), isn't even on the radar for most.

Just owning guns is boring, and waiting for a day when you might have to protect yourself with one is foolish! We have to try to get more people to try the fun part!

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Maybe if the clubs could have a "novice" competition occasionally it would help. The thought of competing can be daunting. I was in the military back in South Africa and am fairly familiar with firearms. I went to my first 3-gun completion a while ago and looked like a total hacker due to nerves. Unfortunately there is nowhere to practice the necessary skills. Most of the ranges only allow you to shoot at a piece of paper of a few plates in one lane. If there was a beginner competition or skills clinic, I believe it would entice new shooters

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe if the clubs could have a "novice" competition occasionally it would help. The thought of competing can be daunting. I was in the military back in South Africa and am fairly familiar with firearms. I went to my first 3-gun completion a while ago and looked like a total hacker due to nerves. Unfortunately there is nowhere to practice the necessary skills. Most of the ranges only allow you to shoot at a piece of paper of a few plates in one lane. If there was a beginner competition or skills clinic, I believe it would entice new shooters

There is Grant Money available for that through the Pelican State Friends of NRA! Any one up to the challenge?

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I absolutely hated to miss it.
    I agree with there being very little opportunity to "practice" or just generally shoot multi gun style dynamic shooting without it actually being in a competition. I don't do matches to "compete" I do them simply to be able to have fun, improve skills and shoot what I own in a dynamic setting.
    As far as the score goes I usually suck but I learn every outing and just have to leave the ego elsewhere. I think a LOT of people are intimidated by the "competition'" label. And stay home.
    Thanks to everyone who made the event happen.
    I hope it lasts indefinately.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We have a place for the novice and it starts on the firing line. Ya gotta start somewhere. Might as well be where we can show you the correct way to do it. I've been around matches for over 25 years and never have I seen any new person turned away or discouraged from participating in a match. We all want new folks to shoot. Men, women and juniors are all encouraged to shoot. I've have place postings on here as well as other letting folks know that even if they don't have the gear to get in touch with me and we can out fit them so they won't have to spend a lot of money to see if they like something on not. EAPS new shooter match fee is only $5 to encourage new shooters to come out.
    The "Babes With Bullets" Multi-Gun match was held a few months back and they had shooters from all over the country come in to shoot and this was there first time shooting, much lees at a match. Once you start shooting and get to know folks, you'll find out where you can practice. There is a crew running a practice session on Mondays at a range in Mississippi and we practice at The Range in Baker on Monday & Wednesday nights. Palo-Alto in Donaldsonville, while a private range, is a place you can practice. And, when the new berms are completed, we will be hold matches there as well.
    If Multi-Gun is not for you, there are other matches in the area, such as USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, ICORE and Bullseye. The first thing that you have to do is show up and be willing to learn. Cause Brother we ain't got a shortage of folks that want to talk.
    If I can help you in anyway, send me a PM here and I will get back to you.

Bryan Guillory
    Louisiana Gun

Top Bottom