EAPS USPSA - Sunday June 20, 2010

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    What is the condition of the range? If the ground gets too wet we may need to modify stages to limit movement to avoid tearing up the range.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    So I was standing here practicing reloads when all of a sudden I hear thunder, only to look outside to find what had been a cloudless, hot, sunny day has suddenly turned into a thunderstorm.

Holy crap I think that lightning bolt literally struck within 100 yards of here...

What is the deal with this? It has barely rained all week and all of a sudden it decides to pour the night before the match?

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Checking the radar map, it seems that the worst of it is right over me, one exit west, but it is still raining at the range. I hope it isn't too much water.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Weather report for tomorrow says there will be isolated T-storms (30% percip.) all day except from 9am -12pm, so hopefully that means all the rain will be kind enough to wait until after the match is over and hopefully not come down to hard right before.

brackishgunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    I am a competition newb and will be showing up tomorrow. I shoot pretty well with my 1911, but own no holster for it.

I carry a Kahr P9 and don't shoot as well with it, but I would like to compete with it.

I don't shoot well enough with either gun to threaten the leader board, I'm sure, but my ego is crying for me to shoot the gun (1911) that will garner the better score.

But shooting my carry gun just seems to make more sense from a "get something out of the event" poiint of view.

I am really looking forward to my first event. I was very disappointed that last month rained out.

david210

Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 12, 2008
    Prairieville
    me and a buddy of mine are coming to check it out. neither of us have shot in any competitions so want to come and see hows it works. If I want to come and shot in the next one do I need to be a member?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    me and a buddy of mine are coming to check it out. neither of us have shot in any competitions so want to come and see hows it works. If I want to come and shot in the next one do I need to be a member?

No you do not.

However, you're doing yourself a disservice by not shooting. If you have the necessary gear, there's no reason not to. Let someone that looks like they know a thing or two know that you're new and they'll make sure you're squadded with some experienced shooters.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I bet hell is about 10 degrees cooler!!!
    It was good to get out and see some of my old friends and meet some new ones too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom