EAPS USPSA - Sunday, October 17, 2010 - Gonzales, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    This may have been answered already, but I don't want to read the whole thread. What is the round count? I have 165 rounds of 9mm left and I hope it is enough. I tried to add up how many rounds it will be and came to 111, which leaves me a good 40 rounds extra for taking down that texas star...

Though without instructions for the stages I'm assuming that each cardboard target is shot twice and not more.

123. You'll be cutting it close. I have plenty if you need some.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I have 42 rounds over the round count, so assuming I don't need to do a reshoot I should be ok... if it takes me more than 40 extra shots to finish off that star I'll just give up.

But if I need to bum some I will. I'll be sure to return the favor somehow if it comes to that.

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Zeus! I sucked. I did worse today than back in September. By stage 4 I had pretty much given up and was just shooting to get finished. The day didn't start that bad. I got there and signed in as Number 66. I'm told we had 68 total. Plus there were the family and friends who were not there to shoot but just to watch.
    oct2010matcha.jpg

Everyone got comfortable while the groups were set up and things were organized. Some were more comfortable than others.
    oct2010matchc.jpg

There were lots of kids. Some were just there to watch.
    oct2010matchb.jpg

Others were there to shoot.
    oct2010matchd.jpg

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I was there representing Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League. I have to admit that Team LOCAL didn't do so great.
    oct2010matche.jpg

The groups were pretty large due to so many people showing up to shoot.
    oct2010matchf.jpg

But things went pretty fast. Many hands make light work.
    oct2010matchg.jpg

The stages were challenging and really put me on my toes.
    oct2010matchh.jpg

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Stage four had that darn Texas Star.
    oct2010matchi.jpg

The stage was good for some and bad for others. I wasn't worried by the steel so much as the cardboard targets. I couldn't hit them worth a darn. Others had better luck on them.
    oct2010matchj.jpg

The cardboard and plates fell to most shooters.
    oct2010matchk.jpg

The star would get the best of more than one shooter.
    oct2010matchl.jpg

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Excellent match and good use of props. Hats off to the new regime. Could have done a bit better but all things considered it was a GREAT DAY! Keep it up Spanky and you guys will get re-elected for sure!

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    This was only my second match. Like my first in September I can't say enough about the time I had there. EVERYONE was as nice and helpful as humanly possible. It was a safe and family friendly environment. I highly recommend these matches to anyone who can make the drive. They are great fun and a good way to get quality trigger time. I'm already looking forward to next month. Team LOCAL will be there in November. I hope to see you there.

Last edited:

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    Great match. thanks for all the help and participation. Remember November's match will be the charity match with all proceeds going to the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office. Please plan to attend and bring a friend. Thanks again.

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Excellent match! Had a good time, was doing OK, then the brain fade kicked in and it's all over but the crying. Challenging courses too.
    Enjoyed the visit, thanks again!
    Oh Daniel, thanks for letting me shoot your new gun,...just so you know, the "budget committee" vetoed my proposal for a gun just like yours, I think the exact words were; "ARE YOU CRAZY!" I think that means no?

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Shot it today and it was a interesting and well ballanced match. Just enough OSH*T
    factor to make it fun.

Gotta have that OSH*T factor to keep this interesting. If there's no place to crash and burn there's no adrenaline either.;)

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    My first USPSA match and I had a great time. I completely satisfied my two main goals, I didn't DQ and I had fun. My equipment was perfect and if my brain had done half as well, I'd have had a better score

I would like to thank everyone I was squadded with (Squad 2). They were wonderful and considerate and so helpful. They took time from their own planning to walk me through strategy, offer positive suggestions and answer any question I had.

The most important things I learned today were that equipment failures and brain freezes will destroy the best shooting skills. The scoring methodology really points this out.

Anyway, wait 'till next month!

babyrangatang

son of a GAT
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Labadieville, LA
    My first USPSA match and I had a great time. I completely satisfied my two main goals, I didn't DQ and I had fun. My equipment was perfect and if my brain had done half as well, I'd have had a better score

I would like to thank everyone I was squadded with (Squad 2). They were wonderful and considerate and so helpful. They took time from their own planning to walk me through strategy, offer positive suggestions and answer any question I had.

The most important things I learned today were that equipment failures and brain freezes will destroy the best shooting skills. The scoring methodology really points this out.

No prob. man.
    It was great shooting with you.
    Don't think that our squad was unusual. Any squad that you would have been put with would have done the same thing. All of the shooters around here are genuinely good people and are more than willing to help new shooters.

Zero.40

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    PLaquemine, LA

glad to hear that u had a good time

Zero.40

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    PLaquemine, LA
    here is my vid form today's match. hope yall enjoy the commentary in the video. we all had a great time. see if u can hear Mikes favorite line in the video as well LOL. at least i got one stage win from the day :)

[YOUTUBE]o9mmCA4-LS4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom