EDC Gear Discussions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Hehehe. I'll start it off I guess.
    Gen 4 g23
    Galco summer comfort IWB
    OR safari land thumb retention OWB
    Spare mag in left jeans pocket
    Gerber Evo mid folder
    Sometimes I'll carry a flashlight. I highly recommend it but I'm lazy a lot and leave it in my car.
    5.11 riggers belt or web belt or dress belt.

JWG223

Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    In going from the Comp M4 to the T1 you would be upgrading size and weight but not capability. The Micros from AP have incredible durability and battery life. The downside is a less than stellar reticle and a FOV that's like looking into the mouth of a beer bottle.

The SPARC is not rugged enough in my opinion.

I have owned a T1 and an M4S. I still have an M4S. I like it for the larger/more forgiving FOV. I never compared it to my T1 directly though, as I owned them a few years apart.

Does the T1 "dissapear" better than the M4S, or not really? I get a little tube effect from the M4S, but not bad, is the T1 better? I looked at the pictures of Trijicon's SRS, and it looks like it will be horrible, given disparity between the ocular and objective. Lots of "wall".

JR1572

Premium Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    My EDC is a Glock 19 in a safariland als holster for now. I carry a surefire e1b and a benchmade griptilian clipped to my pocket. I also carry a 442 as a bug and I carry spare ammo on a speedstrip in a pocket.

While at work, I add a x300 to the 19. I prefer the x300 because I like the WML to extend past the muzzle of the pistol in the event of a contact shot I have something other than the muzzle to drive into my target.

JR1572

RyanW

Koch-head
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I rotate my edc depending on what I'm wearing. I keep my spare mag in my left rear pocket. It stays buttoned so the base plate sticks out just enough to not be obvious but still easy to get to

P7 in don hume iwb, suprisingly comfortable
    P2000SK LEM with 13rd mags in don hume iwb, not very comfortable
    USPf hybrid in Comptac Spartan, fits great

I currently wear just a standard leather belt with them, but I will upgrade to a nice custom made leather from one of our locals

I will be upgrading all of the holsters to the Comptac MTAC combat cut.

jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Gen4 G23 in an RCS phantom IWB (I'll soon be adding an x300 as soon as I can find an SCW Holster for it)
    Spare mag sometime (:D It's whatever)
    Kershaw leek
    Surefire E1B
    Wilderness Belt

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    -G27 3rd gen, with lasermax guiderod, in a RCS IWB with expansion wings and c- clips
    -5.11 operator belt
    -Kershaw Blur
    -Streamlight PT1L

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Check out bugoutgearusa.com for jet beam lights. Use "cpfjet" for 15% off. I've got 6 jet beams, all great lights.

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    -Wilderness Belt
    -P2000SK LEM .40 in a MTAC IWB
    -Extra mag in Fobus paddle mag carrier
    -Extra extra mag in pocket
    -Streamlight PT-1L
    -Gerber Mini-Covert Fast or Benchmade Hk Enigma

Once I source a decent holster, I'll be changing to my USPc LEM .40 with a TLR-1 as primary EDC

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Where are the "Why's"???

A list of stuff we cram in our pockets every day doesnt do a lot heck of a lot of good without a why. The goal here is to be honest about what we do, have good reasons for it, and make those reasons known. Then other people can learn from it.

My EDC:

M&P9 FS w/ RMR & TLR-3 - I stopped carrying a compact when I realized I could carry a full size without much issue. I only own M&P's and shoot them fairly well. I have completely transitioned to RMR's for my pistols and am comfortable with them. The RMR is a different post all together. I carry a TLR-3 as its the smallest quality weapon mounted light available, it adds no width to the gun, is 100 lumens, and robust. It does use a wacky battery, but thats the tradeoff. I wouldnt carry without a light.

I carry it in a SCW Y-12 custom. - Its the most comfortable holster ive ever worn. I use Comp-tac IWB overclips, as I need to remove the gun going into work.

Spare magazine in Bladetech Pouch - Its not the ideal pouch for me, but until I find something better, it will have to do. I would like something lower profile with a slight cant.

Tops Folding Knife - Thicker Blade, one hand open / close - fairly thin and strong. I dont care if I get it dinged up or lost.

Jetbeam BC-10 flashlight. - 220 lumens, no crazy mode switches, though a bezel turn takes it from high to low. Decent pocket clip, single cell. ANd only $40

iPhone - Its what we issue at work.

Wallet - TheBigSkinny wallet - The smallest model they used to make. - IDS, CCs, - ALso carry a lock-pick kit and firestarter in it... you never know. I actually use the LPK with some frequency

Zebra F701 Pen - Its $8 and lasts a long time, metal, lightweight, and the perfect size

Sunglasses - Rayban Aviators - I am currently looking for a pair of quality ballistic aviators to no avail... if someone has a link, by all means.

965e8733.jpg

In my Car Driver side door I keep a bleeder Kit, TQ, Fixed blade knife, and some other assorted med stuff. The only thing I need to is secure it better, so it doesnt become a flying object in the event of a rollover and I know exactly where it is.

In my back-seat (Strapped in... again, so it doesnt go flying and I know where it is) I keep a BFG DAP pack with the following:

Most of this is self-explanatory, and I may have missed some of the gear...

2 Spare Mags
    Adjustable Wrench
    Assorted Allen Wrenches
    Pry Bar
    Mini-Light
    Spare Batteries
    Lighters (For Torch)
    Medical Kit (Boo-boo type)
    Lock-pick kit and gun
    Towel
    Israeli Bandage
    Jiggler Keys
    Trash Bags (Large)
    Torch
    CPR Shield
    Light Sticks
    Plastic Baggies
    Water Filter
    Paracord
    TQ and Nitrile Gloves
    Mutli-Tool
    Universal Drive Screw Driver
    Zip Ties
    Water Bladder
    Mechanix Gloves
    Charger / Cords
    Bit Drivers of all kinds
    Teeth Cleaning Kit
    Surefire Saint Minimus Headlamp - This thing is awesome...
    Sewing Kit
    Flashlight
    Pocket Reference

I think there are a few other little items in here.

f9fc8b35.jpg

cedaa425.jpg

In the very back of my car I carry a larger back-pack with more of the same, plus a ton of water and some long shelf life food. I also carry a complete change of clothes, a jump-suit, boots, vehicle kit (Tools, jumper cables, etc) Fire extinguisher, and a bunch of other stuff.

Top Bottom