EDC Light

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I was just curius what kind of lights y'all are carrying nowadays and moreso how you incorporate them into your EDC. I really don't like stuff in my pockets and am trying to find a better alternative. What do you do?

--Sent From My Galaxy S6

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Surv...AL1aI7L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_

Been carrying it on a keychain for a year. Lasts over 1 hours on a full charge, charges in about 20 minutes from dead on any USB. Clip hole broke so I ted it to the flashlight with safety wire. Will it spotlight dear from 200 yards? no. Will it change a tire at night on the side of a dark country road or get me around a building if the power was out? Look into that dark area of the cupboard? Search the floorboard of my car at night? Yes, and that is what I realistically need an EDC light for. For $6.09, throw one on your next amazon order and try it, you can't lose.

Seriously, read the reviews, over 60% 4 stars or higher. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it is very small.

Last edited:

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    http://amzn.com/B015NEE7YM

I have about 10 of these in different places. Carry one in my pocket maybe half the time. Really bright considering the price and the battery. If you splurge for 4.5V lithium battery, I'd go so far to say as being impressive.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    A (2) 123 cell 5.11 aluminum body, 200 lumen in the left front pocket .
    It clips to the rear of the pocket and a spare mag is jammed into the front of the pocket.
    Carry the light every day for work, gets where I only notice when it's not there.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I carry a Surefire 6px defender in my back pocket with the spare mag. But i dont really like it because of its size. I have been looking at smaller light lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Really digging my Streamlight ProTac 1L. Awesome little light for the money.

I carry in my pocket, because the only other place I can think of to carry a light would be rather uncomfortable.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I carry a Surefire E2D led in my support side front pocket. It's duel role light and less lethal impact weapon since I don't carry my X26 or baton plain clothes.

DStewart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    New Orleans
    I use three at different times for different occasions. Fenix PD35,E12, and PD22. I really like them, they are really well made and very bright.

DynoLa

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Shreveport
    I have carried 2 light for the past 4 years. First a Streamlight ProTac 1L in the pouch on my belt. The second is the Streamlight Stylus Pro, in my pocket using the clip. The ProTac is small but lights up a dark corner or room very nicely. Also good in scary parking lots late at night. I don't use it much. My regular used one is the Stylus Pro. It gets used when I working in comm closets, looking for that stupid thing I just dropped, reading menu's in the restaurant (my wife hates when I do that) or working on the car, under the hood.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Another PT-1L here. Great light for the money! I even took a night shooting class with it and it handled every drill like a champ. I also have one of these Inova's clipped to my keys: http://www.lapolicegear.com/inmi2.html. It's good for rummaging around the center console, under the seats of the truck, etc. However, I think I'm going to swap it out for one of the new Surefire Titan Plus' : http://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/titan-b.html. I mean 300 lumen from a single AAA keychain is pretty F'n impressive!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom