Editing and Deleting Ads not possible on some posts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I tried to edit the WTS heading on my ad to SOLD and couldn't. Probably my lack of knowledge.
    No it’s the site. I can’t delete or edit anything I post. This results in the infamous pink panther dele most of my posts for no reason. He is @ thorn in my side!

Danny Abear

Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    No it’s the site. I can’t delete or edit anything I post. This results in the infamous pink panther dele most of my posts for no reason. He is @ thorn in my side!
    I must have pissed in his cornflakes at sometime, cause it doesn\t matter if i ask a question, answer someone elses questio, or whatever, i'll get one of his fifth grade sounding ebonic sounding answers that i was doing something wrorg or wrong forum....

70mikenike70

Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I must have pissed in his cornflakes at sometime, cause it doesn\t matter if i ask a question, answer someone elses questio, or whatever, i'll get one of his fifth grade sounding ebonic sounding answers that i was doing something wrorg or wrong forum....
    Roflol exactly! He is absolutely numb to the English language…. I have actually spoken to the main owner of this site to be reinstated on to this site. Pink Panther removed me from the site because I posted in the wrong area by accident. I contacted this owner and was given access back to the site. It’s so hilarious that someone can be so gung-ho about a website when clearly everyone tries to follow the rules. It is what it is…. I posted a gun the other night and when I woke up to check it, it was deleted with no explanation… So I posted it again and now it’s still there… No explanation or anything… Oh Well….

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I posted a gun the other night and when I woke up to check it, it was deleted with no explanation… So I posted it again and now it’s still there… No explanation or anything… Oh Well….

The initial post for the Springfield Saint Victor was posted as a WTS ad. You also stated in the ad you were open to trades. You mentioned how much you paid for everything. You said you weren't expecting to recover all of those costs but you were open to reasonable offers. This site does not allow "make an offer" ads. The ad did not list an asking price.

The second ad was listed only as a WTT ad. Therefore, not asking price was needed.

70mikenike70

Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    The initial post for the Springfield Saint Victor was posted as a WTS ad. You also stated in the ad you were open to trades. You mentioned how much you paid for everything. You said you weren't expecting to recover all of those costs but you were open to reasonable offers. This site does not allow "make an offer" ads. The ad did not list an asking price.

The second ad was listed only as a WTT ad. Therefore, not asking price was needed.
    Well don’t you think as a person with good standing on this site a courtesy message could have been sent instead of a complete deleted post? We are grown men on this site not children. I made that post in the middle of the night and thought I put the amount I wanted to sell or trade for. A simple mistake has turned into a big deal and here we are. Your jobs as moderators are mostly to keep scammers away from us good guys, but it seems like y’all are the typo police… I appreciate the effort, but geez cut us some slack. I’m not the only one on here who has complained about stuff like this.
    Ok kids, back to our regularly scheduled programming…. Let’s have a blessed day!!!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well don’t you think as a person with good standing on this site a courtesy message could have been sent instead of a complete deleted post? We are grown men on this site not children. I made that post in the middle of the night and thought I put the amount I wanted to sell or trade for. A simple mistake has turned into a big deal and here we are. Your jobs as moderators are mostly to keep scammers away from us good guys, but it seems like y’all are the typo police… I appreciate the effort, but geez cut us some slack. I’m not the only one on here who has complained about stuff like this.
    Ok kids, back to our regularly scheduled programming…. Let’s have a blessed day!!!

I didn't delete your post so I can't speak as to why it was deleted as compared to a message being sent. I can say that I am more apt to deleting a post for omitting a price than I am going back throughout the day to check on that post to make sure the message was read and the ad corrected. While I do understand it was a mistake, it was an omission rather than a typo.

At the end of the day, here's what happened: you posted a for sale ad without a price (1. For sale threads must have a price. No 'make offer' threads. Feel free to put or best offer (OBO), but at least start with a price) and that ad was deleted (Failure to abide by these rules will cause a moderator/administrator to edit or remove your thread without notice). I've edited a number of ads to correct errors. But unless the mod knows what your asking price is, editing your post isn't a viable option.

Just like when someone is pulled over by the police, a warning is not guaranteed. A number of people who get a ticket complain because the cop did what the cop was supposed to do rather than single them out and treat them different. You seem to be upset or disappointed or mad or whatever that the mod did what the rules say the mod would do in a situation caused by the ad not abiding by the rules. It happens. People move on. This is only a big deal because you are making it a big deal.

70mikenike70

Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I didn't delete your post so I can't speak as to why it was deleted as compared to a message being sent. I can say that I am more apt to deleting a post for omitting a price than I am going back throughout the day to check on that post to make sure the message was read and the ad corrected. While I do understand it was a mistake, it was an omission rather than a typo.

At the end of the day, here's what happened: you posted a for sale ad without a price (1. For sale threads must have a price. No 'make offer' threads. Feel free to put or best offer (OBO), but at least start with a price) and that ad was deleted (Failure to abide by these rules will cause a moderator/administrator to edit or remove your thread without notice). I've edited a number of ads to correct errors. But unless the mod knows what your asking price is, editing your post isn't a viable option.

Just like when someone is pulled over by the police, a warning is not guaranteed. A number of people who get a ticket complain because the cop did what the cop was supposed to do rather than single them out and treat them different. You seem to be upset or disappointed or mad or whatever that the mod did what the rules say the mod would do in a situation caused by the ad not abiding by the rules. It happens. People move on. This is only a big deal because you are making it a big deal.
    It’s all good. I was just trying to point out that it’s annoying that we are grown adults and sometimes get treated like we are breaking the law when it’s really not a big deal. I’m not mad lol.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Picture, price, location. If not deleted. You also placed many ads in disscussion areas.
    Pretty basic requirements your ads did not meet.
    But you said more than once you don't need to. Plus YOU sent many PMs saying it dont matter.

You have quite a pile of no points warnings for doing so.
    In fact you last sale ad did not have a price. Sale ad without a price.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s all good. I was just trying to point out that it’s annoying that we are grown adults and sometimes get treated like we are breaking the law when it’s really not a big deal. I’m not mad lol.

Instead of allowing the site to be a free for all, the owners decided to have rules. Rules mean nothing if they are not enforced. So a few people, myself included, were chosen to make sure the rules were followed. You're not being treated like you are breaking the law. The posts that don't abide by the rules are simply being taken down as per the rules. You are welcome to repost the ads in accordance with the rules. If you think the mod made a mistake, report it and all of the mods/admins/owners will see that and weigh in behind the scenes. Otherwise, an adult would understand that the mistake was theirs and not make a fuss about it. And they usually make sure they don't make the same mistake over and over. From what I can tell, this is the third ad that you posted that had an issue regarding not having a listed price.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Roflol exactly! He is absolutely numb to the English language…. I have actually spoken to the main owner of this site to be reinstated on to this site. Pink Panther removed me from the site because I posted in the wrong area by accident. I contacted this owner and was given access back to the site. It’s so hilarious that someone can be so gung-ho about a website when clearly everyone tries to follow the rules. It is what it is…. I posted a gun the other night and when I woke up to check it, it was deleted with no explanation… So I posted it again and now it’s still there… No explanation or anything… Oh Well….
    Every time you receive a reason why you get mad and PM and state you know the owner so it does not matter.
    If your adverisments do not meet the very basic requirements maybe it's you?

Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t have a dog in this fight but I’ve had a couple of adds randomly disappear. The rules here are pretty clear cut so I make sure to follow them. I believe i received a warning early on for not listening a photo so since then I’ve double checked any sale item I posted to make sure I was in guidelines. Since then I’ve had a couple disappear randomly with no reason or explanation.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    We have a log of all deleted posts and can very easily tell anyone why a post was deleted.

The normal process is that the moderators issue a warning which automatically sends a PM informing that a post has been deleted. If you don't get a PM and the post is gone, send a PM to any of the mods or myself and we'll figure it out for you :)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don’t have a dog in this fight but I’ve had a couple of adds randomly disappear. The rules here are pretty clear cut so I make sure to follow them. I believe i received a warning early on for not listening a photo so since then I’ve double checked any sale item I posted to make sure I was in guidelines. Since then I’ve had a couple disappear randomly with no reason or explanation.

I went back to February. The only posts I saw deleted since fell into 2 groups. A mod deleted replies to other people's ads. And you deleted your replies to your ads. As far as official warnings, the last one (there were only 2) was back in Feb 21 when I deleted an ad for no picture. I think you had that issue with an ad for a vice block but I thought that one had a resolution.

Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I went back to February. The only posts I saw deleted since fell into 2 groups. A mod deleted replies to other people's ads. And you deleted your replies to your ads. As far as official warnings, the last one (there were only 2) was back in Feb 21 when I deleted an ad for no picture. I think you had that issue with an ad for a vice block but I thought that one had a resolution.

I never really did get an answer as to why my thread disappeared so I just moved on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom