eForm 1 disapproved....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    My form 1 that was submitted on 29 Nov 13 was disapproved today for Block 4d Model: PA15MULTI.

For the word “MULTI.” I explained to the examiner that that was the model engraved on the receiver. She explained to me that you cannot list “MULTI” anywhere on an ATF Form. She understood that was the correct nomenclature of the receiver but the only way they can approve it is if I re-submit the weapon model as PA15. She also said that she is disapproving forms for having “.223/5.56” in block 4d. As that denotes a multi caliber weapon even though you will only list one caliber in Block 4c.

The examiner was very professional and even sympathetic with me as they do not agree with this, but the law is the law and that is what they have to go by. My $200 is being refunded and should see it back on my CC in about two weeks.

So in order to register this receiver as a SBR I will have to incorrectly list the model on the Form 1. So if I do incorrectly list the model nomenclature on the form and it gets approved and some time down the road I have to show my paperwork to a LEO as they see me with a SBR and ask for my paperwork. I had over my trust and approved Form 1 and he tries to match Block 4d with the weapon and they do not match I am now in a position to be arrested for having an unregistered SBR. Even though the ATF said not to list the actual model nomenclature because they cannot approve a Form 1 with the word “MULTI” anywhere on it.

WOW! Government stupidly at its finest.

I am going to play it safe and use a different lower receiver that I can list the correct nomenclature in Block 4d. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    only the atf can ask for your papers for your gun... Now you might be able to be held until one shows up, but only the feds can make you.. Thanks for update on form..

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    My form 1 that was submitted on 29 Nov 13 was disapproved today for Block 4d Model: PA15MULTI.

For the word *MULTI.* I explained to the examiner that that was the model engraved on the receiver. She explained to me that you cannot list *MULTI* anywhere on an ATF Form. She understood that was the correct nomenclature of the receiver but the only way they can approve it is if I re-submit the weapon model as PA15. She also said that she is disapproving forms for having *.223/5.56* in block 4d. As that denotes a multi caliber weapon even though you will only list one caliber in Block 4c.

The examiner was very professional and even sympathetic with me as they do not agree with this, but the law is the law and that is what they have to go by. My $200 is being refunded and should see it back on my CC in about two weeks.

So in order to register this receiver as a SBR I will have to incorrectly list the model on the Form 1. So if I do incorrectly list the model nomenclature on the form and it gets approved and some time down the road I have to show my paperwork to a LEO as they see me with a SBR and ask for my paperwork. I had over my trust and approved Form 1 and he tries to match Block 4d with the weapon and they do not match I am now in a position to be arrested for having an unregistered SBR. Even though the ATF said not to list the actual model nomenclature because they cannot approve a Form 1 with the word *MULTI* anywhere on it.

WOW! Government stupidly at its finest.

I am going to play it safe and use a different lower receiver that I can list the correct nomenclature in Block 4d. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Didn't they give you 30 days to correct it? To my knowledge, they have always given you time to correct those types of errors before.

Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX
    In order for the trust to own an "SBR" lower, I believe the trust must own the lower before it is approved for conversion to an "SBR" lower. That's the reason it must be listed on attachment a prior to approval.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    In order for the trust to own an "SBR" lower, I believe the trust must own the lower before it is approved for conversion to an "SBR" lower. That's the reason it must be listed on attachment a prior to approval.
    Last I checked I've never listed anything except the $10 the trust owns. I've talked to the examiner on two different occasions about 6 Form 1 that were E-Filed and the consensus was that they will be returned for corrections. This is disheartening that they just reject you and you burn 5 months on a mistake.

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    Last I checked I've never listed anything except the $10 the trust owns. I've talked to the examiner on two different occasions about 6 Form 1 that were E-Filed and the consensus was that they will be returned for corrections. This is disheartening that they just reject you and you burn 5 months on a mistake.

You must gift the receiver to the trust first as you are in possession of the receiver and the Form 1 states that the SBR belongs to the trust. When you buy a suppressor the dealer owns it until the ATF approves the transfer on the Form 4. Then and only then do you list the suppressor on your Attachment A. That is how it was explained to me by the examiner. The examiners are not allowed to do any kind of corrections to an e-File. It is a “First Time Go” or “No Go” no going back for retraining.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    You must gift the receiver to the trust first as you are in possession of the receiver and the Form 1 states that the SBR belongs to the trust. When you buy a suppressor the dealer owns it until the ATF approves the transfer on the Form 4. Then and only then do you list the suppressor on your Attachment A. That is how it was explained to me by the examiner. The examiners are not allowed to do any kind of corrections to an e-File. It is a *First Time Go* or *No Go* no going back for retraining.

It's strange they wouldn't let you update the schedule A and re-attach it. I had one where I didn't include the schedule A and I was able to get back into the form and just add another attachment including the schedule A. The examiner Dana Pickles had called me and asked me to add it. As soon as it was added he approved it. Same thing happened on a SBR I was transferring. I was supposed to include the transferee's certification and forgot. Logged in later and added it no problem. I know you can't make changes to the actual forms but you can add and remove attachments.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've always put 5.56 MM

Works like a charm :)

Also, spoke with Nick at Ferrara Firearms and he said he never submits the attachment page, and it works...

Spoke with Damen at the nfa branch. They like you to send the "whole" trust, including the attachment page, but don't add nfa items until your stamp comes back.

Last edited:

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    It's strange they wouldn't let you update the schedule A and re-attach it. I had one where I didn't include the schedule A and I was able to get back into the form and just add another attachment including the schedule A. The examiner Dana Pickles had called me and asked me to add it. As soon as it was added he approved it. Same thing happened on a SBR I was transferring. I was supposed to include the transferee's certification and forgot. Logged in later and added it no problem. I know you can't make changes to the actual forms but you can add and remove attachments.

I'm hoping this works for me. I realized I didn't add the lower and so I just went in and changed the attachment to include the lower and reuploaded the whole trust with schedule A. We will see in a few months. :x:

Top Bottom