Egyptian kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Just a heads up Cope's has the kits with Arabic rear sight for 250$ again. I sure they will sell out fast.
    100_1417.JPG

http://www.copesdistributing.net/egyptian-arabic-akms-parts-762x39-p-5435.html

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    is the rear sight the only thing thats arabic on the kits? not these specific ones but is that what is so highly sought after? the reason im asking is ive already got 4 kits but want the arabic markings so it would be cheaper to find just the rear sight then buying all new kits if thats the only difference

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    is the rear sight the only thing that's Arabic on the kits? not these specific ones but is that what is so highly sought after? the reason i'm asking is I've already got 4 kits but want the Arabic markings so it would be cheaper to find just the rear sight then buying all new kits if that's the only difference
    The rear sight leaf and sight block is Arabic marked. You see the Arabic marked sight block for sale at times but almost never see the sight leaf up for sale. That's what the photo above is.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Anyone getting anything done? I am going to try one of the US made barrels.

20121205_175641.jpg

i'm JUST now getting an email from nodak asking if i still want my receivers because they were waiting on one of them to be ready to send them all together. then i still gotta go buy a press from HF and a drill press and jigs. probably going to be awhile before i get mine done

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    i'm JUST now getting an email from nodak asking if i still want my receivers because they were waiting on one of them to be ready to send them all together. then i still gotta go buy a press from HF and a drill press and jigs. probably going to be awhile before i get mine done

Bro, just contact #1bambam. It's not worth the expense/investment in special tools unless you're doing a ton of builds. And with the barrel ban and price of kits these days it's just hard to make it worthwhile.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Bro, just contact #1bambam. It's not worth the expense/investment in special tools unless you're doing a ton of builds. And with the barrel ban and price of kits these days it's just hard to make it worthwhile.

ya i know ive mulled it over a bit. i figure im 24, got a lot of life left to use the tools and i can only see my collection growing as i get older. plus i like tinkering and paying bam to do it just wont give me the same satisfaction! im probably going to be looking for used jigs and the like anyway to keep cost down

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    ya i know ive mulled it over a bit. i figure im 24, got a lot of life left to use the tools and i can only see my collection growing as i get older. plus i like tinkering and paying bam to do it just wont give me the same satisfaction! im probably going to be looking for used jigs and the like anyway to keep cost down

There was a guy selling some tool on the ak files a couple of days ago. The ak builder stuff is the best. I was able to assemble the barrel I don't know when i will get it finished.

20121207_145855.jpg

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Mine are going to Kentucky to get built, I will do better working on stuff I know how to make @ the price I am getting then trying to build myself.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Sorry, but it's the holidays, and I have a daughter who just turned 4. Oh, and I took a break to put a solid state drive in my 6 year old laptop which is now the fastest machine on my network. Slicker'n owl ****.

Top Bottom