Either you love them or you really hate them.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    One thing i do notice about some glock owners is how they are so proud of how cheap the weapon is and are willing to make sacrifices such as fit and comfort etc.. simply because of price. Im not saying the more expensive the gun the better it will perform, that is not it at all. At least for me when it comes to a SD piece it needs to feel as if its an extension of me. And yeah that will prolly cost more and if i ever have to use it the odds of me getting it back from the police is slim, but as long as it worked and i am safe and unharmed it was money well spent imo. But to each their own.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    One thing i do notice about some glock owners is how they are so proud of how cheap the weapon is and are willing to make sacrifices such as fit and comfort etc.. simply because of price. Im not saying the more expensive the gun the better it will perform, that is not it at all. At least for me when it comes to a SD piece it needs to feel as if its an extension of me. And yeah that will prolly cost more and if i ever have to use it the odds of me getting it back from the police is slim, but as long as it worked and i am safe and unharmed it was money well spent imo. But to each their own.

my gun wasn't cheap by any means (480 after shipping & transfer fees) and it fits me just fine. i don't know if you consider a tad under $500 cheap but if so, thanks. i'd gladly spend $1500 on a fighting 1911 if i had the change to drop. maybe that will be my next buy since i have enough long guns after next week.

fwiw, my glock fits me just fine.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    my gun wasn't cheap by any means (480 after shipping & transfer fees) and it fits me just fine. i don't know if you consider a tad under $500 cheap but if so, thanks. i'd gladly spend $1500 on a fighting 1911 if i had the change to drop. maybe that will be my next buy since i have enough long guns after next week.

fwiw, my glock fits me just fine.
    Just get a G-21 and then you dont have to be afraid of droping it.Then we could call you the ruberband man '' 9 in my right 45 in my other hand''

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

I was carrying an $1,100 1911, but i also wanted to learn the Glock.

I ran across the same problem, Glocks just don't 'fit' me...

Shoot a few thousand rounds in training through it though... and majically it does.

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    I was carrying an $1,100 1911, but i also wanted to learn the Glock.

I ran across the same problem, Glocks just don't 'fit' me...

Shoot a few thousand rounds in training through it though... and majically it does.

Yeh thats what im thinking is i just havent shot one long enough i suppose. :rofl:

Formermonroehand

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Dutchtown
    Like the words about women in the song by T.G. Sheppard "Big, little, short or tall wish I had kept them all Mmm I loved them everyone", I own Glocks, XD, 1911s, and Smiths, and I love em every one! But if it ever gets real bad, I would probably grab the Glock (and an AR or 2)!

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    There are those that say hey man why don't you take a look at the Glock I think you might like it.

Then there are those that say man up and buy a Glock as if that is the end-all statement that we should all just concede and slob on the knob of Glock like they do.

OK......don't man-up. In which case you may really need a Glock.

p.s. Anybody else notice the absence of a sense of humor among some of the Glock despisers.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    OK......don't man-up. In which case you may really need a Glock.

p.s. Anybody else notice the absence of a sense of humor among some of the Glock despisers.

No need for me to slob on the knob of Glock with the rest of you:rofl: Do ya'll have to take numbers?

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    I'm a Glock owner, I just simply love them cause I feel really comfortable with them. I'm just curious, how come when you someone brings Glocks up. People either love them or really hate and bash on them. I want to hear from the Glock bashers. Whats that all about? Let it out.

I like classic, traditional martial arms made of hardened blued steel with wooden stocks. 1911's, Hi-Powers, Lugers, 92's, PP's & the likes. They feel so good in the hand, look good, are rugged & reliable, & are easy to repair.
    These traditional pistols exude quality.
    It is hard dismiss traditional materials & construction that have proven themselves worthy for many years.
    So, I don't like cheap plastic parts on a firearm. But neither do rust or termites.
    Ask anyone who had a iron & wood firearm that was submerged in salt water how good looking & functional thier traditional firearms are now, then compare these against the plastic parts of thier firearms.
    The Glocks sure looked better after just a good cleaning, & most seemed to function just fine, although some needed replacement springs to function properly.
    I now own two Glocks. While I detest thier appearance, I applaud thier function & ease of use. I admire the K.I.S.S. principle of engineering of the Glock auto pistol. I also applaud the Glock reliability, & ease of takedown, but I am worried about the intrusion of the barrel feed ramp into the chamber of the 40S&W & 10mm rounds. There is a small sliver of the cartridge case unsupported by the chamber. Not good for reloaders like me. Autoloaders are very unforgiving on spent cases.
    While the polymer frame may withstand abuse from the outside with a installed magazine, what about high pressure from within, such as when a case ruptures. The gases cannot safely vent.
    The Glock is not a perfect pistol. It is not a pretty pistol. It is not a target pistol. It is a combat pistol. It is supposed to allow its owner/user to get through a very bad day in the field every time.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I consider the squeezecock to be a more than acceptable alternative for me to a manual safety on my EDC P7. My Mom couldn't even squeeze it and the average guy (even gun guy) can't figure it out inside of 30 seconds.

Also, the whole notion that you won't be able to flip a safety off in an emergency is BS as far as I am concerned. Cocked and locked 1911s have worked under stress for 100 years. Find me a report of someone dying because they couldn't flip the safety off. Just one.

And yeah. the whole notion that they must be good because the government uses them is a joke right?

No BS about the safety, always a 'possibility'. We live and learn.

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    Had a Glock a long time ago . Got rid of it . It just didn't excite me .
    I'm not a basher , but I like 1911's better . They fit my hand . Simple as that .

armtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Since you guys wont come out and say it...I hate Glocks! I have never liked them. I refute the fact that they are capable handgun and are tough as nails...but i would rather spend another 2-300 on a HK or SIG...I think they are just better guns to shoot.

I am sure the media bombardmant with the HK scues my view, but I shot them all before I purchased my first HK...No Compromise!

armtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Since you guys wont come out and say it...I hate Glocks! I have never liked them. I wont refute the fact that they are capable handgun and are tough as nails...but i would rather spend another 2-300 on a HK or SIG...I think they are just better guns to shoot.

I am sure the media bombardmant with the HK scues my view, but I shot them all before I purchased my first HK...No Compromise!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Since you guys wont come out and say it...I hate Glocks! I have never liked them. I wont refute the fact that they are capable handgun and are tough as nails...but i would rather spend another 2-300 on a HK or SIG...I think they are just better guns to shoot.

<evil laugh> heheheh another disciple to the black art!

Top Bottom