Electronic Earmuffs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Would like some input about electronic earmuffs. Are they worth the money? If so, which ones? From a noise sensitive female!!!!

In a word: amazing. I got mine at Academy for around $50. I think Wal-Mart also carries them.

These.

If you have the extra to spend on them and think you'll be shooting a lot, I would highly recommend them. They're great for when you're shooting with friends or attending a class as they will amplify the sounds around you and cancel the intense sounds from gun fire.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    In a word: amazing. I got mine at Academy for around $50. I think Wal-Mart also carries them.

These.

If you have the extra to spend on them and think you'll be shooting a lot, I would highly recommend them. They're great for when you're shooting with friends or attending a class as they will amplify the sounds around you and cancel the intense sounds from gun fire.

I second the HL Impact Sports. They are comfortable and can be found for a good price online, Amazon, Botach I think. I have used them indoors and outdoors and they have done what they were supposed to

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    The HL Impact Sports work well in the price range, but are no comparison on noise reduction to my Peltors. If shooting indoors, under canopies, or loud rifles, then pay close attention to the NRR.

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    Had a pair of Peltor - Tactical Sport, worked great for about a year and then started sucking up batteries. Now use MSA Supreme Pro-X - have changed the batteries once this year after regular daily work use and time at the range. The cammo wrap does get few looks around the shop.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    The HL Impacts are excellent for their price, and have an added advantage of being one of the slimmest electronic ear muffs on the market. Unfortunately, they are only rated for 22dB, so if you're shooting indoors or around loud guns, they are probably inadequate. I usually use them in conjunction with some low powered foam plugs; this is the best combination of comfort and protection that works for me. I've tried the Peltors, but they're just too bulky and tend to make it difficult to get proper cheek wield for the way I have my rifles set up.

Top Bottom