Elementary School Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The story about the BORTAC grabbing a shield from other officers and charging in is not entirely true. It was supposedly a team of BORTAC officers and a few local LEOs. I’m pretty sure BORTAC agents have their own shields in their units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    For the record fellow BS members, I joined the NRA in the Fall of 1972 as a fresh 21-yr-old who wanted to join my university's pistol team. But I quit the NRA years later after I sensed the divisive directions Wayne LaPierre was taking it, seemingly to benefit the firearms industry. Lots of you know me, I'm a seasoned Afro Creole man who still owns and loves my firearms. Likewise I have friends of all races, stripes and political persuasions. At my age I can be "unfiltered" and I understand that 2nd Amendment "absolutism" is the prevalent view these days. Unfortunately, I also understand that some of you will feel the need to attack the messenger (that's ME) since too many Americans don't really want to hear each other's thoughts any more unless they mirror our own. But I just have to offer this food for thought--
    It is sad and frightening to read comments by so many people who seem comfortable with the idea that this tragedy was some "Antifa-inspired false flag operation" (seriously?) OR that we can and should be satisfied with the concept of dropping off our babies and my grandbabies every morning to walk past armed guards at every school entrance and onto the care of their pistol-packing classroom teachers -- who are then supposed to educate them with presumably positive values? Did WE have to endure that at such an early age, or ever?
    Yes I am a geezer these days, but I seem to remember that it's only been over the past 2 decades that we were convinced that everybody needed to have "sporting" (a/k/a "assault") rifles, while manufacturers sprang up everywhere to offer "affordable" AR's and accessories so we could ALL be tactical-cool with our toy rifles and our multiple magazines. Yes, I bought a few AR's along the way too, in different calibers. Buy I always dumped them quickly, always felt like playing w/ toys albeit lethal ones.
    Isn't there ANYthing to be considered as feasible when it comes to background checks, or raising the age to own such weapons as these AR "sporting rifles" or whatever you want to call them?
    If hunting rifles are legally limited to 5-rounds, why do I really need dozens of 30-round mags for my "sporting" rifle unless the "sport" I'm fantasizing over is killing lotsa people -- even if I pretend it's in self-defense?
    Like I said, I know some of you will hate the Messenger but I hope others will at least open your minds to the possibility of compromising -- that's really my hope. Thanks.

I'd wager that any Ukrainian could answer your questions more eloquently than I.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    There have always been bullies and always been mental health issues. Mass shootings, especially in schools, is a relatively new occurrence, however. It's parenting, plain and simple.

Read this John Rosemond column. He's an actual realistic psychologist who tells it like it is.

Thanks for posting this column - it brings back memories of early am 1960's duck hunts with my Uncle Troy (auto mechanic extrodinare!) before high school classes in Arkansas rice fields. I'd ride my Cushman Eagle back home from his shop with my treasured 16 ga Rem 11-48 strapped on - in clear view - wipe it down, clean up and ride back to school, exhilarated and ready for the day. Go back to the shop after scool to clean the refrigerated morning bag - (if lucky).

Also, brings back bad memories - as a slight-of-build, thick eye-glassed near-sighted kid - often singled out by A-H bullies who initiated clandestine attacks ... then - only when attention was focused... the observed defensive response got called to the disciplinary office. Don't snitch.

The G.D. cowardly baddies are still in control - never let a crisis go to waste. Preaching to the choir, but... it's "The Salami Theory" deja vu all over again.

The sh-t laws now on the books don't do anything to deter the lawless from exacting their toll on the innocents. They will always have access to whatever weapons they wish to use in their left-supported quest to remove our ability to defend ourselves and loved ones.

Use the in-pocket media to exploit this and other sicko acts to remove another paper-thin slice from our liberties - via "new rational, meaningful regs"... on this and that - then wait for - &/or precipitate the next atrocity - then take slice after slice away from the Second Amendment... until ...

AHA! Nothing we've so judiciously endeavored to implement has stopped the carnage! The only answer is to repeal the Second Amendment and confiscate ALL FIREARMS! ( Except those in the hands of our minions, who will keep the masses in fear & under control.)

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I can’t even fathom the idea of walking up to a school with an active shooter inside and seeing a bunch of cops standing around outside doing nothing but waiting for almost an hour. In Texas of all places too. That really is sad. It’s easy to play Monday morning QB after the fact but I just can’t picture myself standing around doing nothing when I have the ability to go in and do something.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    I’m pretty sure BORTAC agents have their own shields in their units.
    I thought I read that particular officer was off duty. Saw all the commotion and stopped in his personal vehicle, then suited up. That was an early report. Details could have changed.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i can imagine alot more is gonna come out of this, and there was no armed guard on duty at the school?!?!?!?! Parents even heard the gunfire why they waited for backup.... like reporter said, they knew where he was, what he had, and what he was doing and they did nothing for an hour

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I thought I read that particular officer was off duty. Saw all the commotion and stopped in his personal vehicle, then suited up. That was an early report. Details could have changed.

correct, hes the one who got grazed in the head also from what i understand

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    cops sure were tough on the parents, tackled one and cuffed, tackled another one, pepper sprayed one, cuffed one, pepper sprayed another... all in an hours time instead of going in there while they were hearing shots from inside

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    we can always count on obama administration i mean biden administration... Not that they are any diff

View attachment 120232
    The only difference is that O'B-Hole could put together a cogent sentence expressing his America-hating rhetoric. They follow James Carville's script to a fault: NEVER LET A CRISIS GO TO WASTE! ...(no matter how inappropriate it is or how much it disrespects the affected ones' grief).

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    very sad.. 19 officers were in the hall way and wouldnt go into the room..... now they are saying the shooter was in there for 80 mins!!!!!!!! officers arrived at 11:33 and they had 4 swat teams there at 12:15 with armor and tac shields and didnt go in till 12:50 after the border swat team showed up and refused to wait outside.... all while they were receiving phone calls from kids inside saying they are shooting people still... Im all for back the blue, but somebody's gonna have to answer for this, you had a few coward officers that put egg in the face of 1000's of good cops and at the cost of innocent children

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Shooter entered the school through an unlocked door to the teacher's parking lot.

I've got to be buzzed through two sets of glass doors to get into my bank.
    For Mother’s Day one of the gifts I got my wife was a gift card to a nail salon. I had to get buzzed in after being questioned what I was doing there.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Shooter entered the school through an unlocked door to the teacher's parking lot.

I've got to be buzzed through two sets of glass doors to get into my bank.

Exactly, time for the government to spend money to harden schools instead of wasting it on other crap.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Still too soon for me to personally to give an opinion but the stinch of **** sure is getting heavier.
    017c30578d09348ff5d9e0608d11c31f.jpg

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Exactly, time for the government to spend money to harden schools instead of wasting it on other crap.

No time for that we need to help Ukraine since they are our new priority. Screw our boarders and the safety of our children here in America let’s just send another 40 billion we don’t have to help Ukraine.

If you couldn’t tell that was with extreme sarcasm and disgust.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Anyone like to take a shot as to why they would do that?
    f29b3759f52b3ccf01a5e36dec5fa7e2.jpg

Let’s clear the air. Uvalde police can’t stop CBP from doing anything. Matter of fact, how could any officer there stop another from going in. That’s a personal choice that was made and has to be lived with. The narrative that “oh we wanted to go inside so bad but the other small police agency/school system police told us we couldn’t”. GET THAT CRAP OUT OF HERE!! There were US Marshalls, DPS, CBP, sheriffs, PD and other officers from
    San Antonio etc. I’ve dealt with all of them at one time or another and one thing all agencies have in common is they want to be in charge but all of a sudden a small town SRO chief bossed all of them around, I don’t think so. On a normal day they would have laughed that chief out of the room.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Let’s clear the air. Uvalde police can’t stop CBP from doing anything. Matter of fact, how could any officer there stop another from going in. That’s a personal choice that was made and has to be lived with. The narrative that “oh we wanted to go inside so bad but the other small police agency/school system police told us we couldn’t”. GET THAT CRAP OUT OF HERE!! There were US Marshalls, DPS, CBP, sheriffs, PD and other officers from
    San Antonio etc. I’ve dealt with all of them at one time or another and one thing all agencies have in common is they want to be in charge but all of a sudden a small town SRO chief bossed all of them around, I don’t think so. On a normal day they would have laughed that chief out of the room.

I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, as far as it coming down to choice. Every single person there had the choice to do something, more so to those in authority positions.
    That still doesn't change these statements being made for the narrative. If we are to follow the narrative, it would help to understand why they would attempt to prevent another agency from stopping the threat.
    There is reporting now that he was inside for 80 minutes. So either they were all cowards, insanely incompetent, were prevented from going in, or they purposely did not go in.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    "Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?
    A little toooo ironic"

Damn you, Alanis Morissette, get out of my head.
    6b48cc2af14a1cdf065467f27af2017c.jpg
    51cebcd5876352db4e080ca766f440e5.jpg
    96c88c8a1ece82e6dd5afc3f1ab45828.jpg
    6a269277964b5955150ccc689f516cb8.jpg
    9d86c695f49e2de0068dd38d07b49a25.jpg
    d665f5a46c47411020125c602d15f7a6.jpg

Top Bottom