Encountered a civilian today!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I was going to USL in 83 and owned a 69 Shelby. I was speeding on College Dr. and passed an officer radaring off of his motorcycle. As our eyes met I waved and he waved back. He didn't even chase me down. I was soooo upset.
    Something similar happened to me. Left Pete's in my Trans Am ripped it up pretty good. The cop stepped out in the street and stopped me. Asked me what I was doing, I said being stupid. He said stop, then let me go. Lafayette cops have always been fair with me.

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    Something similar happened to me. Left Pete's in my Trans Am ripped it up pretty good. The cop stepped out in the street and stopped me. Asked me what I was doing, I said being stupid. He said stop, then let me go. Lafayette cops have always been fair with me.

lol, post of the day

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Had 2 EBRSO units drive up my driveway (wrong address) a couple hours ago, and were met by 3 large dogs barking violently. None were shot, he yelled, they shut up, directions were given, everyone was happy.

Cant say all the dog shooting threads didn't enter my mind, but I was honestly never concerned.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La

Honesty actually goes a long way.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I was driving code 3 on choctaw in my EMS ambulance. I was going about 65mph. I had an idiot pass me on the right then make a right turn on sherwood forrest. Good going civilians you idiots. Rant over.

Dave

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I was driving code 3 on choctaw in my EMS ambulance. I was going about 65mph. I had an idiot pass me on the right then make a right turn on sherwood forrest. Good going civilians you idiots. Rant over.

Dave

Probably in a rush to go get some donut holes. ******* civis.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I noticed a State Trooper on 64 coming back from the camp a little while ago.

I think we are becoming a police state.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I was sitting on the shoulder of the 12 mile years ago finishing a report. A car came around the curve out of St. John, locked it down, hit the shoulder, and backed up to me. First thought was lost motorist or a complaint.
    A guy walked back to me, presented me all of his paperwork, and said "you got me!"
    I overcame my moment of astonishment and put on my stern face. "do you know how fast you were going?!"
    "Yes sir, 82."
    "Don't do it again.".........would have been too easy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I was sitting on the shoulder of the 12 mile years ago finishing a report. A car came around the curve out of St. John, locked it down, hit the shoulder, and backed up to me. First thought was lost motorist or a complaint.
    A guy walked back to me, presented me all of his paperwork, and said "you got me!"
    I overcame my moment of astonishment and put on my stern face. "do you know how fast you were going?!"
    "Yes sir, 82."
    "Don't do it again.".........would have been too easy.
    I love it! It made me wonder about something, so I have a question for you coppers. If you pull someone over and ask them if they knew how fast they were going and they tell you a speed that is higher than the speed you clocked them at, can you write that speed on the ticket, or must you use the one from your instrument?

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I love it! It made me wonder about something, so I have a question for you coppers. If you pull someone over and ask them if they knew how fast they were going and they tell you a speed that is higher than the speed you clocked them at, can you write that speed on the ticket, or must you use the one from your instrument?

I am going with the measuring device since A) that's what I can honestly testify to, and B) a lot of speedometers are off, some by a good bit. The video in court might amuse the prosecutors if the person tries to defend themselved though.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I was minding my own buisness driving down I-12 when a Ford SUV came flying around me. I hit the lights and this guy just pulled immediately to the shoulder. I approached his vehicle and he advised that he was sorry. I told him to slow it down and left. That is all.

MOTOR51
    No dog shooting? No pretending that you're not a civilian as well? No rights violations? Imagine that :)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I am going with the measuring device since A) that's what I can honestly testify to, and B) a lot of speedometers are off, some by a good bit. The video in court might amuse the prosecutors if the person tries to defend themselved though.
    Speedometer be damned. He should have been timing between mile markers. That's how we used to do it. Know your machine and don't trust faulty gauges.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom